Team for Scarlets

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Team for Scarlets

Post by Setanta »

I do hope for a strong team; keeping fortress Ravenhill is so important.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Team for Scarlets

Post by Bart S »

My team, subject to fitness below.

With 2 big games coming up against Quins and a few guys either badly needed for those games or who could do with a break, I would be resting quite a few from last week.

Would like to see Addison, Stockdale, Luke M and Cooney given a rest this week, or at keast not starting. Am assuming Lyttle and Hume are still out. Can’t think of any other options beyond 10 that we have who are fit and able.

Definite week off for Hendy, Marcel and Jordi and the 2 starting props from last week, as they need to be rested and fit to start the Euro games. We saw that on Friday night.

Would give the 4 props a half each and say all to play for in terms of bench selection for the Heiny.

Ludik
Baloucoune
McCloskey
Curtis
Gilroy
Johnston
Shanahan
Timoney
Reidy
Matty Rea
AOC
Tredwell
O’Toole/Kane
McBurney
McCall/Warwick
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I’d hate to say that our Kiwi import has had a forgettable start to the season but.....!

Anyway, over to the other thread....
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

:duh: :duh: :duh:

How could I forget Faddes.

In that case Faddes at 15, Ludik at 13 and McCloskey at 12 although expect Faddes at 13 and Ludik at 15.
Evil Kiwi
Novice

Post by Evil Kiwi »

Marcell deserves a rest. Hendy and Jordi had an extra long summer holiday. Some rotation but keeping a strong side will be required to duff those welsh blighters.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The side picked must be capable of winning and therefore match the ambitions of the Scarlets who are going quite well in the Challenge Cup and Pro 14 -- but which is their priority ?

Are they expected to fly the Welsh flag in Europe or the Pro 14 ? Because the only other side capable is Cardiff at the moment and they are inconsistent .

At the moment what have the IRFU identified as Ulster's priority the play-offs of the Pro 14 or European Cup ? Because the truth is we don't have a team at the moment capable of winning either and a squad to do both play-offs if we have to rest the best for the next match against the Scarlets
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

They’re missing their best 12 players through international duty so their priority is largely an irrelevance.

Our squad was sufficient to reach both play offs last season lest you forget.

Being able to bring in the likes of Gilroy, Bobby B and Faddes is encouraging. Dave and Bill are going to have to step up, as will the shuffled pack, but i’d rather be in our shoes.
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

Would play Stockdale for sure, needs the games and has not been getting enough ball.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Addison suspended 4 weeks -- a bit harsh in my book --- for accidental heads-- in what was not a high no arms body check. It was head to head collision at pace.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist