Dave Shanahan

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cracker
Squire

Dave Shanahan

Post by Cracker »

Lets give this young lad a separate post that I believe he deserves. I always rated him too light and too small to count and I admit I was totally wrong. For a first starting game I think he did remarkably well. He did what had to be done and didn't mess around. Hopefully Ruan will be back soon but when possible I thing Shanahan should now be given as much game time as possible as I believe he has loads of promise. With Cooney arriving what is the outlook for Paul Marshall? No matter what many think of his ability he has always given his best for us and some great moments with his occasional surprise try scoring moves.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Re: Dave Shanahan

Post by thecrouch »

Paul Marshall saw himself relegated to the bench when Pienaar was unavailable and he was given the sum total of 3 minutes game time. His time at Ulster is coming to an end, I very much doubt he'll be given another contract.

Play Shanahan from now on, but he needs to back up his performance yesterday with another decent showing against Bordeaux.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Big Smoke Culchie
Squire

Post by Big Smoke Culchie »

Get him in the sea!
Joe Schmidt is a Leinster ballbag
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

The outlook for Paul Marshall should be what it was before Pienaar arrived, not good enough, go away.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Marshall could well be kept as 3rd in the depth chart.
It's the hope that kills you.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Being a fair man Paul is a reasonable Scrum Half but not a great one not as bad as most think but never able to develop in a manner to really threaten Ruan or to be considered above average Pro 12 .

His desire to play for the shirt made him impulsive and act from the heart instead of the head .

Good as a sub but appeared to lack the ability to keep tempo going when asked to start .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:Marshall could well be kept as 3rd in the depth chart.
No - he should be hunted.

In the Scarlets match last week, Dave Shanahan put more shape on the game in 5 mins than beagle managed in the preceeding 55. It was a shocking comparison.

weeD was then badly let down by PJ consistently standing about 30 yards away on a stinking night and expecting a pass that'd still give him room to operate against a rush defence. Even St. R would find it difficult to play the ball in the manner Jackson was expecting!
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

We still have Angus Lloyd, he's only at Munster til the end of the season and they are due to bring in Hart.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

thecrouch wrote:We still have Angus Lloyd, he's only at Munster til the end of the season and they are due to bring in Hart.
Do we? The way that some were suggesting it he was only on a 1 year contract.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave did enough to start again next week. He did fine, no better, no worse. Fair play to him, he's more steady than p.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Start him again and then when Ruan returns put him on the bench
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

How long has Shanananananah been here? Was that seriously his first start?

He did ok on Sunday (although Simpson was the standout player for me). But p has done ok many, many times.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

He needs a handle for here ... anything starting off with "I thought Dave played ....." is a springboard to abuse. weeD is passable and should be used until he either becomes a fully fledged Dave or the new chosen one.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote:He needs a handle for here ... anything starting off with "I thought Dave played ....." is a springboard to abuse. weeD is passable and should be used until he either becomes a fully fledged Dave or the new chosen one.
d then as opposed to the existing p, sort of the same inverted
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Let's call him Shan

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk