Connacht 15/16

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Connacht 15/16

Post by Neill_M »

Played 1st warm up game tonight. Beat 52 19 in Galway by Grenoble. Heading to France next weekend to play Castres, then Munster in Limerick the following weekend. Grenoble on a mini tour of Ireland, playing Munster next weekend.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Connacht 15/16

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Only slightly related but I saw the score and tried to see the report on the Weshties website. For the second time in a couple of days the official site will not load. Anyone else having Connacht issues?

Hugely disappointing scoreline.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Only slightly related but I saw the score and tried to see the report on the Weshties website. For the second time in a couple of days the official site will not load. Anyone else having Connacht issues?

Hugely disappointing scoreline.
No problems in loading the site ( Are you sure you can type "Connacht" OK ?)

Yes - disappointing score but probably does not mean too much as around 30 Connacht players were used. Always interested to hear of Grenoble with Irish coach Bernard Jackman running things. Also Irishman J. Hart at scrum half. By all accounts a decent player and a goal kicker too. You'd have to wonder how he stacks up against Reddan/Boss/Marmion/Cooney/McGrath/Marshall. Seems as though Murray/Reddan/Boss are nailed on for the RWC but after that competition Ireland should be thinking of replacing the two oul fellas.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Ex-Ulsterman Chris Farrell also featured for Grenoble.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Connacht beat 19 - 5 by Castres in France in another pre-season over the weekend. Playing Munster on Fri night in Limerick.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Lost a "draw" this morning in Switzerland, have to travel to Krasnoyarsk in Siberia in November to play the Russians in the Challenge Cup (12,000 km round trip). The other 2 teams in the group Newcastle and Brive only have to travel to Sochi for the away game in Russia.

Apparently the city has a football stadium with undersoil heating which hosts games right through to December so its just the cold to worry about (around -5 during the day, down to -10 at night!)
Last edited by Neill_M on Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:Lost a "draw" this morning in Switzerland, have to travel to Krasnodar in Siberia in November to play the Russians in the Challenge Cup (12,000 km round trip). The other 2 teams in the group Newcastle and Brive only have to travel to Sochi for the away game in Russia
Siberia in November could be an interesting away trip!
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Team to play Glasgow

15. Tiernan O’Halloran, 14. Danie Poolman, 13. Rory Parata, 12. Bundee Aki, 11. Matt Healy, 10. Jack Carty, 9. John Cooney

1. Denis Buckley, 2. Tom McCartney, 3. Rodney Ah You, 4. Quinn Roux, 5. Andrew Browne, 6. John Muldoon (captain), 7. Nepia Fox-Matamua, 8. Eoghan Masterson

16. Dave Heffernan, 17. JP Cooney, 18. Finlay Bealham, 19. Ultan Dillane, 20. Ben Marshall, 21. Kieran Marmion, 22. Craig Ronaldson, 23. Fionn Carr
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Coming up to half time Connacht are being comprehensively humped 23-6 by Glasgow reserves. The Westies are just not at the game here, despite a strong-looking lineup. Poor performance.
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

Glasgow have taken the gift offered by Connacht, they're approaching this in entirely the wrong way. Glasgow want it to be open and wide and have gone 23-6 up despite playing into a headwind. If Connacht kept it tight and played for territory I don't know if this Glasgow side would have had the smarts to combat them.
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

game becoming quite fragmented, 30-13. Glasgow player should have been yellow'd for a headlock clearing Muldoon out, don't know how the ref and his video assistant let him off with a talking to.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Glasgow have fallen apart
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

30-25
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Weegies had their TH binned. Westies got a couple of tries while he was in bin. Back on. Now 33 25.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Ref just made a howler to give a peno. 33-25
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk