Nevin Spence Centre and Stadium Tour

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Kanbei
Novice

Nevin Spence Centre and Stadium Tour

Post by Kanbei »

Have any of the other season ticket holders gone on their free tour yet? What was it like. Planning on going myself early next week.

Also, if anyone has a spare code it would be much appreciated!
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Nevin Spence Centre and Stadium Tour

Post by Ithryn »

I went the other week, thought it was really impressive. Took a full hour. The museum is very good and has interactive bits for kids too.
Why? Why not?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Posts 16 & 17 on this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18183&start=15

General consensus seems to be positive.

Big picture of Jihad in the museum demonstrating the physique of a fullback.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:Posts 16 & 17 on this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18183&start=15

General consensus seems to be positive.

Big picture of Jihad in the museum demonstrating the physique of a fullback.
Is listed as a full back
FRB
Initiate

Post by FRB »

I went on the tour about a fortnight ago. I was impressed - the Nevin Spence centre is a fitting tribute to the young man. The painting of him by his sister is stunning.

There is interactive stuff for the kids, and loads on the history of Ulster rugby and what it takes to be a modern professional player. I also enjoyed the look at the gym and changing rooms - just for a feel of how the place runs. Overall the tour is well worth it. Well done UR!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

One small gripe. The players tunnel was closed. Would have been nice to walk out into the stadium.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:One small gripe. The players tunnel was closed. Would have been nice to walk out into the stadium.
I was told on the tour I took that the tunnel being closed was temporary. These free tours for ST holders are being used to test the water and get feed-back (although we were not asked for any, which seemed a bit daft to say the least). We were told that when the tours "prapper" get going, the tunnel will be open.

It was possibly to protect the pitch which they are being ultra careful over at the moment. I agree though that they could have opened it - it's not like there are thousands of uncontrollable yobs on each tour that won't obey a simple request not to go on the pitch. Maybe they didn't understand the difference the first word word of "Guinea pigs" makes >EW
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
EastTerraceUR
Novice

Post by EastTerraceUR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
big mervyn wrote:One small gripe. The players tunnel was closed. Would have been nice to walk out into the stadium.
I was told on the tour I took that the tunnel being closed was temporary. These free tours for ST holders are being used to test the water and get feed-back (although we were not asked for any, which seemed a bit daft to say the least). We were told that when the tours "prapper" get going, the tunnel will be open.

It was possibly to protect the pitch which they are being ultra careful over at the moment. I agree though that they could have opened it - it's not like there are thousands of uncontrollable yobs on each tour that won't obey a simple request not to go on the pitch. Maybe they didn't understand the difference the first word word of "Guinea pigs" makes >EW
When we were on the tour the tunnel was open and we en do it.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

The very spacious trophy cabinet was also off the itinerary for some reason :duck:
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Who's names are in the legends wall?
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

o' Drico, Sexton, Habana, Bakis Botha on visitors plus 2 I couldn't read. Didn't get a look across the way.

Personally I thought Nevin Spence Centre was grand, gym and the changing rooms all great.
Would have liked to get a look into the TV suite, AV room, VIP suite and a couple of corporate boxes.

This will more than likely happen on the paid tours when they start. But a nice afternoon spent at the ground all the same.
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

SparkyClarky wrote:o' Drico, Sexton, Habana, Bakis Botha on visitors plus 2 I couldn't read. Didn't get a look across the way.

Personally I thought Nevin Spence Centre was grand, gym and the changing rooms all great.
Would have liked to get a look into the TV suite, AV room, VIP suite and a couple of corporate boxes.

This will more than likely happen on the paid tours when they start. But a nice afternoon spent at the ground all the same.
+ POC on the visitors.

Noticed David Irwin, Paddy Wallace, Tom Court and Johann Muller on the Ulster wall.

Some of the scribbles are hard to decipher.

On the Twickenham Tour you visit the museum at your leisure which is a good idea - no time pressure, They also have access to a lot of the Corporate/VIP/inner sanctum stuff. As you say, more may be available later for paying customers. We weren't asked for feedback either which is odd.
Big Neville Southall