Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaalets in a Fever

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaalets in a Fever

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The Welsh eh? A shameless shower of sheepshagging shitbags - I do love a bit of alliteration.

http://www.scarlets.co.uk/eng/news/6892 ... TvipSFViko

Read this and chuckle at the state of these overtly ovineloving oaves.

Oi Wales ......... have these
CS1.jpg
CS1.jpg (7.62 KiB) Viewed 2845 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaalets in a Fever

Post by Jackie Brown »

How does a double derby count? Surely it should be divided by 2 to give a true value.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Let them have their utterly meaningless little stat. They'll be back to their usual whining about how sh1t our Mickey Mouse league is within days

Bless their precious little cotton socks
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Is there anybody more hateful than the Welsh?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

222toHounslow wrote:Is there anybody more hateful than the Welsh?
I'm not sure, but if there are I'd guess they might be close neighbours/owners. :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

222toHounslow wrote:Is there anybody more hateful than the Welsh?
The Welsh are just unfortunate wannabe west English. More to be pitied than scorned.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

What's the big deal..? It is still a bigger crowd than the Super Duper cup final will be and anything that boosts Pro12 attendances is a good thing IMO.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Who the flip are Pro Rugby Wales? What happened to the equally as made up RRW?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I once ( like Russ) had an " encounter " with a Welsh bird.......brad pitt shag, but she bought e a kebab for my troubles
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

mikerob wrote:What's the big deal..? It is still a bigger crowd than the Super Duper cup final will be and anything that boosts Pro12 attendances is a good thing IMO.
There is no disputing the fact of the crowd size Mike, what is interesting is that you got 2 games for £10, now that is how you get a crowd in Wales. The Saracens Way is alive and well over Offa's Dyke.

Rent-a-Crowd'R'Us apparently were looking after the ticketing arrangements. If you tried the same stunt at the Aviva you would have to price it around €100 or more to discourage interest.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Divide that by 4 and why have they not got about 13k at each home match on average ? once they work out how to do that they can get excited, if you add up each sides last home crowds you get the grand total of 24,567 so they must have got an extra 25k slappers in on Saturday :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

I think the one thing it confirms to me is the shame that the biggest rugby stadium capacity in Ireland just isn't big enough. If we couldn't have got a 70k capacity stadium at Landsdowne Road we should have build one somewhere else.
I also think we should be considering having a 'Judgement Day' interprovincial weekend and you could have had loads of fans attending both games.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Lurgan Lad wrote:I think the one thing it confirms to me is the shame that the biggest rugby stadium capacity in Ireland just isn't big enough. If we couldn't have got a 70k capacity stadium at Landsdowne Road we should have build one somewhere else.
I also think we should be considering having a 'Judgement Day' interprovincial weekend and you could have had loads of fans attending both games.
It won't happen with Leinster's current arrangements with the RDS. Leinster must play 12 regular season home games at the RDS and that means they can play 2 home games in the Aviva. In recent years they have played Leinster v Munster and a prime Euro pool game at the Aviva. If Leinster gave up an Aviva home game for a double header then they would be giving up 100% of the gate for 50% of the double header gate.

It wouldn't make sense for Munster or Ulster to give up a home game as they would make more money playing at home than 50% of the Aviva less rental costs so the only team it would benefit would be Connacht.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

mikerob wrote:
Lurgan Lad wrote:I think the one thing it confirms to me is the shame that the biggest rugby stadium capacity in Ireland just isn't big enough. If we couldn't have got a 70k capacity stadium at Landsdowne Road we should have build one somewhere else.
It won't happen with Leinster's current arrangements with the RDS. Leinster must play 12 regular season home games at the RDS and that means they can play 2 home games in the Aviva. In recent years they have played Leinster v Munster and a prime Euro pool game at the Aviva. If Leinster gave up an Aviva home game for a double header then they would be giving up 100% of the gate for 50% of the double header gate.

It wouldn't make sense for Munster or Ulster to give up a home game as they would make more money playing at home than 50% of the Aviva less rental costs so the only team it would benefit would be Connacht.
Sorry I didn't phrase it correctly, I mean a Judgement Day weekend as in one match on Saturday and one on Sunday.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Lurgan Lad wrote:
mikerob wrote:

Sorry I didn't phrase it correctly, I mean a Judgement Day weekend as in one match on Saturday and one on Sunday.
Munster fans haven't enough money to go to Dublin anymore

Sad reality since 2008