Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

British Lions Ticket Swindle

Post by Russ »

So the tests have "officially" sold out

Tickets went on sale for the Lions Tests in Australia today

However, seems that less than half the seats went on sale.

Only the Aussie tickets went on sale, and were only available to Aussies

All B&I Lions tickets are going through tour operators

People being quoted £12500 for 3 tests!

Imagine paying £12500 to see ROG!

Makes the IRFU look like a charity
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: British Lions Ticket Swindle

Post by BR »

I know some in Oz who got theirs last week, I think it was only public sale started today. They're pricey enough tickets. IIRC the 'restricted view' ones for Melbourne are about $90.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:So the tests have "officially" sold out

Two things are safe to say Russ, in fact let's go for the hatrick:

1) Most obviously, ROG won't be there
2) £12500 may actually include hotels & travel
3) I'd rather have my scrotum ripped off by a hungry grizzly than part with a single 1p to support the fecking Lions. I'm hoping there will be few to no Irish players so that as is my habit I can cheer against the Lions with their English & Welsh dominance. :puker:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I assume that £12500 is for two. Looks to me it is about £6,000 or so for a package.

Not that it troubles me as I don't have £6k or anything like it and even if I did I'd find it hard to justify spending that kind of money for a few weeks in Oz. Tis free on the net and if the games are shíte ya can easily just turn it off. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:I assume that £12500 is for two. Looks to me it is about £6,000 or so for a package.

Not that it troubles me as I don't have £6k or anything like it and even if I did I'd find it hard to justify spending that kind of money for a few weeks in Oz. Tis free on the net and if the games are shíte ya can easily just turn it off. :D
Aye maybe so Shan but at least you will have the pleasure of watching your heroes. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Actually, I'm now about to rant:

Rugby sells its soul to profiteering scumbeg travel agents. Following the example of Wendyball, rugby now acquiesces to ensure that rugby fans cannot travel to Oz at reasonable market prices as they will have no access to match tickets therefore ensuring that they must stay home or pay inflated prices.

Outrage.

Yip I know its happened before, its still wrong.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Aye maybe so Shan but at least you will have the pleasure of watching your heroes. :roll:
Indeed Baggy. It will give me such pleasure watching the British Team tearing into the former colonies before more than likely getting their asses handed to them. Shur as I am living in a former colony myself I may take some pleasure from this.

Gwan to feck.

>TLGH
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Actually, I'm now about to rant:

Rugby sells its soul to profiteering scumbeg travel agents. Following the example of Wendyball, rugby now acquiesces to ensure that rugby fans cannot travel to Oz at reasonable market prices as they will have no access to match tickets therefore ensuring that they must stay home or pay inflated prices.

Outrage.

Yip I know its happened before, its still wrong.
Not really. That is just capitalist greed. If folk are happy to part with their money good luck to them. A public boycott would change this but that won't happen as people seem to enjoy paying over the odds for lots of events. You see it with people paying in excess of £100 for a 2 hour concert, paying 5+ x face value for "big" match tickets etc. I knew a guy who paid £400 to get a ticket for the Carling Cup Final when his favourite Spurs team were in it....think it might have been in the Millennium Stadium although could have been Wembley. Anyway I don't understand all this. If I have to pay over the odds I'd prefer to do without. No sporting event or social / entertainment event is worth being ripped off for no matter how "GREAT" it might be. But where a market exists it will be satisfied. Shame on the folks who enjoy being bent over and greased up.....
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan, don't forget poor Michael, remember poor old Michael, you know, the biy who stole Trevelyn's corn?

It was Michael & his likes who populated that colony, I have more connection with Aussies than your mates across the shuck.

Remember Aussie thrashing England in the RWC final at Twickenham, a day of blessed memory, there were either 11 or 12 of the Aussie team who could have represented Ireland under the grandparent rule. I hope that once more they chin the Sassenachs and the "small part of Sassenachalia", West Sassenachs. :thumleft:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:So the tests have "officially" sold out

Heard the public sale ones went in a few minutes today, every scalper in Oz was after them
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I have some for the first test if anyone interested contact me , usual protocol applies.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

I've a mate who has a pair of tickets for the Melbourne test.
Is prepared to exchange for a pair of return flights - Melbourne to Belfast, and back again.

Let me know if interested in such a swap.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Ticket Swindle or just the same as every other top class sporting attraction - tiny allocation to away team supporters, small allocation to home support; mostly snaffled by the greedy scalpers; and the best seats in the house reserved for corporate knees ups at 3 or 4 times the price but including a 'champagne reception' and celebrity guest compere.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Kofi Annan wrote:I have some for the first test if anyone interested contact me , usual protocol applies.
Usual Protocol adhered to and now gone :cheers:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
King Ding
Squire

Post by King Ding »

Had to buy my tickets for the tests on eBay at about 3 times face value, very annoying. But when the flights and accommodation are already booked I'm not taking the chance that I won't get tickets. If anyone knows someone looking rid of tickets at a reasonable price (I.e. not a set if return flights) send me a PM