A heartfelt apology to Nick Williams

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

A heartfelt apology to Nick Williams

Post by Snipe Watson »

All you ejits who were badmouthing Nick before his arrival.

Here is your chance to do the decent thing..........
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: A heartfelt apology to Nick Williams

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:All you ejits who were badmouthing Nick before his arrival.

Here is your chance to do the decent thing..........
In fairness ..... :twisted:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Dear Nick. Stop giving the ball away.

Is this the type of thing you mean?;-)
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Actually thought Nick was a liability tonight. Bit like the Munster game. His potential is staggering but he gave too much ball away in contact and was poor at the back of the scrum.

Kinda frustrating - on the verge of amazing but also on the verge of crap. On the whole, he's been brilliant and adds a real venom and power that we were missing. Needs to play a few more percentages.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

He's still fat but he's good :D :red:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

againstthehead wrote:Actually thought Nick was a liability tonight. Bit like the Munster game. His potential is staggering but he gave too much ball away in contact and was poor at the back of the scrum.

Kinda frustrating - on the verge of amazing but also on the verge of crap. On the whole, he's been brilliant and adds a real venom and power that we were missing. Needs to play a few more percentages.
Aye, that's why he was MOTM.

He will get more measured with his performances, but as an attacking asset he is superb.
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

In fairness, a lot of us apologised after game 2!
Rooster wrote:He's still fat but he's good :D :red:
This!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Nope just the second part............ :D :red:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

againstthehead wrote:Actually thought Nick was a liability tonight.

:? :scratch: :roll: :banghead: :duh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congratulations Against, you win. 1st Prize for the single stupidest post today, any time you see a Welsh TV channel give man of the match to the enemy that man has most certainly not been a liability.

Maybe sleep on it and come back and edit your post tomorrow, waddya think?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Nope just the second part............ :D :red:
Wrong, he's both.

He's fat, he's round, but he's worth a million pound, Fat Nick, Fat Nick
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Congratulations Against, you win. 1st Prize for the single stupidest post today, any time you see a Welsh TV channel give man of the match to the enemy that man has most certainly not been a liability.

Gumbie poster of the week? :lol:
I'd vote for him.
dw7
Novice

Post by dw7 »

Now capable of a full 80. Love the work attitude.
Must be an awfully bad soccer player if the foot fumbling at the scrum is anything to go by!!
Keeping the ball alive in contact is in the genes - Money Bill (off load king & best rugby player on the planet alongside GI) is his cousin.
Last edited by dw7 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

By the way Snipe, I would hazard a guess that the huge majority of "Oh no, not Fat Nick" posters were not querying his talent but his ability to slip in a sick note for weeks on end.

So far so good but lets not jinx the man just yet, he's looking like the signing of the season to date & having got Tommy back, that's a hell of a testament to Fat Nick.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Maybe watch the game again baggers. His contact skills were atrocious. He must have knocked the ball on about 4-5 times. Unforgivable. In addition, his control behind the scrum for a dominant pack was pathetic.

You might be impressed by running around with the ball in one mit but I am not. Against a top side, he could well have cost us the match.

Don't get me wrong - I love watching the guy - he's pure rugby gold but in the last 2 games he has made too many basic errors. Indeed, he made a hatfulf of errors V Munster and we just about got away with it. He just needs to reign in his enthusiasm a tad and play a little more as a team-player. He also tends to go off on the rampage with no support and can get isolated on the floor. He is so very close to being our stand-out player and indeed, perhaps he is. However, with a little more upstairs he could be one of the players of the season.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

againstthehead - You've got to balance that against what he did right looking for the offload all the time. That first try would not have come without Williams running off alone with the ball held above his head in one hand looking for the offload. Maybe against better opposition he'd have looked worse - and maybe without Williams, Cardiff would have looked better. Certainly think calling him a liability tonight far, far overstates your case.