Ulster remain in top 4. Bring on Munster!!!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Ulster remain in top 4. Bring on Munster!!!

Post by againstthehead »

defeat for the hairsprays (and no BP) means we stay in the top, so all is not lost after the disapointment on friday night.

Massive game this weekend against what's sure to be an understrength Munster side - They have 8 forwards in the Ireland squad (plus horan out injured), compared to us losing ferris, best and court - who can all be replaced fairly easily. In the backs division they are without ROG, Flinger, Earls and Murphy. TOL is crocked whilst Mafi and that other centre are banned. We'll be without Trimble and Wallace with Danielli, Cave and Smith possible injuries.

On paper, we should be looking at a win to go pretty much level at the top before the international break.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 777185.stm
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster remain in top 4. Bring on Munster!!!

Post by scrum5 »

whatever team Munster put out it won't be easy.....my team would be allowing for Smith, Cave and Danielli all out injured

1) Paddy MaC
2) Nigel Brady
3) BJ
4) Johann Muller (capt)
5) Tim Barker
6) Pedrie
7) Willie Faloon
8) Robbie Diack
9) Ruan Pienaar
10) iHumphs
11) Mark McCrea
12) Ian Whitten
13) Nevin Spence
14) Paul Emerick
15) Adam Darcy
The bench would be Bryan Young, Andy K, Alan Whitten, Ryan Caldwell, Chris Henry, Paul Marshall, NOC and David McIlwaine
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

scrum5 wrote:whatever team Munster put out it won't be easy.....my team would be allowing for Smith, Cave and Danielli all out injured

1) Paddy MaC
2) Nigel Brady
3) BJ
4) Johann Muller (capt)
5) Tim Barker
6) Pedrie
7) Willie Faloon
8) Robbie Diack
9) Ruan Pienaar
10) iHumphs
11) Mark McCrea
12) Ian Whitten
13) Nevin Spence
14) Paul Emerick
15) Adam Darcy
The bench would be Bryan Young, Andy K, Alan Whitten, Ryan Caldwell, Chris Henry, Paul Marshall, NOC and David McIlwaine
With those injuries and international call ups I think you're team is spot on. Emerick hasn't set the world on fire BUT then again, neither have his competitors and for experience alone, he should be given the nod, given the lack of experience beyond 10 otherwise.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

You could probably drop NOC from the bench and bring in Shiels, moving Pienaar to 10 if iHumph got injured
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

I think Cave will be fit
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

scrum5 wrote:whatever team Munster put out it won't be easy.....my team would be allowing for Smith, Cave and Danielli all out injured

1) Paddy MaC
2) Nigel Brady
3) BJ
4) Johann Muller (capt)
5) Tim Barker
6) Pedrie
7) Willie Faloon
8) Robbie Diack
9) Ruan Pienaar
10) iHumphs
11) Mark McCrea
12) Ian Whitten
13) Nevin Spence
14) Paul Emerick
15) Adam Darcy

swap Emerick and Spence around
Last edited by bootlaced on Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Cave then would replace Spence who drops to the bench....will be interesting to see what team Munster manage to put out with International call ups, suspensions and injuries, no Buckley, Hayes, Horan, Flannery, POC, DOC, ROG, MOD, Ryan, Leamy, Varley, Wallace, O'Leary, Earls, Murphy, Stringer, Mafi and Tuitupou....anything other than a bonus point win will be a major disappointment and that is no disrespect to Munster......

They could always do an Ospreys but Munster have more class than that......
notj
Steward

Post by notj »

I think thats spot-on scrum5. Great shout. I do hope Cave and Smith are fit, they'd make a big difference. And I hope McIlwaine doesn't start on the wing, he's a fullback or nothing- promising though he is. I don't blame him too much for the lapses he's made on the wing, when he's never played there at any level and he's thrown in at the deep end. It's ill advised in my opinion. We'll see.
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

scrum5 wrote:Cave then would replace Spence who drops to the bench....will be interesting to see what team Munster manage to put out with International call ups, suspensions and injuries, no Buckley, Hayes, Horan, Flannery, POC, DOC, ROG, MOD, Ryan, Leamy, Varley, Wallace, O'Leary, Earls, Murphy, Stringer, Mafi and Tuitupou....anything other than a bonus point win will be a major disappointment and that is no disrespect to Munster......

They could always do an Ospreys but Munster have more class than that......

aye but you can only play the team that is put out in front of you,whereas one could suggest that we could put out a team that has been selected for us, :wink:
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

notj wrote:I think thats spot-on scrum5. Great shout. I do hope Cave and Smith are fit, they'd make a big difference. And I hope McIlwaine doesn't start on the wing, he's a fullback or nothing- promising though he is. I don't blame him too much for the lapses he's made on the wing, when he's never played there at any level and he's thrown in at the deep end. It's ill advised in my opinion. We'll see.

McIlwaine has been missing too many simple tackles on the wing and thats not something I want in a fullback

Can't see Emerick getting in ahead of Spence saying that he hasn't been included in the squad the last couple of times
notj
Steward

Post by notj »

Defensive alignment is a lot different on the wing to fullback.
DHK
Steward

Post by DHK »

Do we know all the Irish squad members won't be available? Could it be that only the 23 for the Boks are held back?
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

It wont matter about the make up of the squad if we knock out another sub standard second half like we did aganst Edinburgh.Simple errors will kill your game stone dead and Ulster need to cut them out to a man. Mcilwaine is a good,honest young prospect but he lacks a certain physicality that is required week in,week out in the Magners.

If we can turn in a second half performance like Glasgows against Ospreys then we would have nothing to worry about. There is no 'stand out' team in this years competition yet but we have to push on at Ravenhill and cut the errors out and discover an 80 minute game or we are doomed to another 'maybe' season that promised much in the early exchanges but delivered nothing.
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

This is one for the 16th man to make a big difference - we were quite subdued last time out despite the result.

WE need to give the team a lift, then maybe they'll give something back

(and getting in the ears of the ref and TJs wouldn't go amiss either)
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

In the ML you'll not get a stand out team until April when the big teams get knocked out of the Hcup