Are fans going to turn up on Friday??

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Are fans going to turn up on Friday??

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

I was over at Ravenhill this afternoon picking up tickets for Friday night. As I was waiting I overheard a conversation between staff. Basically, at this stage of the build-up, this is the looking like the poorest attendance of the season!!

Surely people have just been holding off waiting to see the weather conditions this week???? The pitch looked a bit wet, with a few puddles but by all accounts the match is definately taking place.

This is a massive match, maybe even the biggest of the season soo far and we need the Ulster fans out in force to provide the 16th man.

What do others think? Will people wait until the last minute to buy their tickets or are we going to have a half empty stadium??
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Are fans going to turn up on Friday??

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

YoungMan wrote:Nah it will be an empty stadium :roll:
because everyone will be at Seaview :wink:

Welcome to the MB, BTW, BOH.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

I'm sure ther'll be 9 or 10k there, Dont forget people travelling from the north or west of the province where there's still snow (or was yesterday) will want to know the travelling is going to be ok never mind the match be on.

If it had been Bath or Stade, tickets would sell quicker than one of our normal league opponents.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Of course they will. The question you are really asking is how many? My guess is we'll have a nearly full house.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Last HEC home match is always a poor attendance, the part timers seem to think season ends at Christmas and we rarely had anything to play for except pride at this stage.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Kirk McCambley should announce he is coming along and a few extra folk might turn up.

Any truth in the rumour that he is taking over the catering franchise?
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

didn't help that the belfast tele had a load of talk about the game being played in dublin!!! Also nothing on Newsline tonight. UR need to get the message out - the game is on and it's a must win game!!
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

againstthehead wrote: Also nothing on Newsline tonight. UR need to get the message out - the game is on and it's a must win game!!
http://www.ulsterrugby.com/11211.php

Not sure quite what else you expect? This link was on their site yesterday, they have no control over when BBC go to air with news items, (although apparently today's news conference was the biggest in recent memory). Short of calling at your house & telling you face to face that THE GAME IS ON AND IT IS IMPORTANT, I am at a bit of a loss really :roll:
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Received an email from UR reminding me of Friday's match. Not that I needed reminding. A guy in the office was trying to get tickets but was having diffs. I expect a full house.
Mum 8)

PS there's no such thing as bad weather. Just inappropriate clothing! Wrap up warm.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

mid ulster maestro wrote:Received an email from UR reminding me of Friday's match. Not that I needed reminding. A guy in the office was trying to get tickets but was having diffs. I expect a full house.
Mum 8)

PS there's no such thing as bad weather. Just inappropriate clothing! Wrap up warm.
:? Still quite a few in the outer sections of the stand and a few twoards centre, http://ulsterrugby.iristickets.co.uk
I notice Iris seems to be in the ticket trade now as well :lol: Is it a merketing ploy :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Flat-top
Novice

Post by Flat-top »

ColinM wrote:Dont forget people travelling from the north or west of the province where there's still snow (or was yesterday) will want to know the travelling is going to be ok never mind the match be on.
Well if i can make it from the South West of England (not guaranteed as I type we have just had another 4 inches of snow on top of what remained frozen from last week so getting to Bristol may be an issue) then I would be disappointed if people used the weather as an excuse not to attend. :red:
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

or to put it another way, u woke up to 4 inches this morning?
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
Satans little helper
Novice

Post by Satans little helper »

ColinM wrote:
Dont forget people travelling from the north or west of the province where there's still snow (or was yesterday) will want to know the travelling is going to be ok never mind the match be on.
Don't forget us poor wee souls in Mexico !! I'm driving up from Cork, I would expect other Ulster supporters will be making similar efforts to be there :twisted:
Flying the flag in Munster !
Now flying the flag in Basingstoke !!
Possibly flying the flag in Azerbaijan soon !!!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Satans little helper wrote:
ColinM wrote:
Dont forget people travelling from the north or west of the province where there's still snow (or was yesterday) will want to know the travelling is going to be ok never mind the match be on.
Don't forget us poor wee souls in Mexico !! I'm driving up from Cork, I would expect other Ulster supporters will be making similar efforts to be there :twisted:
Well if you can get from Cork and Flat-top can fly in from Bath then not much excuse for those in outer Dundonald and Bangor to get themselves there for the night.
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

mid ulster maestro wrote:PS there's no such thing as bad weather. Just inappropriate clothing! Wrap up warm.
Kilt, anyone? :shock:

Yes, I know, kilts ARE warm, but are they appropriate?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right