Justin Harrison

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Hope Gaz was joking about that over on dark side CT:evil:
Some of the posters over there seem to have a deep hatred for Harrison, which is a pity as he is the type of player we need, I am sure he will receive a warm welcome from the large majority of fans and I for one look forward to seeing him play for Ulster :red: :red: :red:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

There's a few sanctimonious bellix's over there that need to get a grip on reality :shock:
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

totally agree! ...harrison is just the dude we need to get some fire in our bellies and put the red back in the hand!!! :red: can't wait for him to turn out for us! :viking:

an established aussie international signs for ulster and those feckers still moan!!! :x :roll:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Practically every new player that comes here gets moaned about before he sets foot on the pitch, it was the same last year when we signed Feather he was called second rate, injured and a reject by various posters yet he took on the captains role when Wardie got injured and was a good solid player, did any of those posters say they got it wrong :x
Pfister, when he got the chance to play also did a decent job even though it was a dubious decision to shell out the money for him.
Kershaw, now thats a different story, but then he never set foot on the pitch for us.
McCall gets flak over certain other players in the squad as well, but yet he was not the one who gave them contracts, his signing of the 2 Justins, Boss and moving up of some local development players are the ones he should be judged on.
I personally will judge the new players on their performance on the pitch and not press reports and hearsay of what they may or may not have done elsewhere.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Rooster wrote:Hope Gaz was joking about that over on dark side CT:evil:
Some of the posters over there seem to have a deep hatred for Harrison, which is a pity as he is the type of player we need, I am sure he will receive a warm welcome from the large majority of fans and I for one look forward to seeing him play for Ulster :red: :red: :red:
Sorry Rooster, wasn't joking. UR said that it was open to accredited journalists only. Oh , and sponsors. Pity we don't pour lots of money into UR by buying match tickets, replica kits etc. , then we might have got an invite.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I am more than prepared to give Justin every chance to prove himself in an Ulster shirt and lets not forget Boss (but at least his grandma's from Armagh) as well.

The simple truth is that given his ability, experience and notwithing the couple of hundred thousand per annum in wages he will have to stand out. This is the biggest signing that Ulster have ever made and he will be expected to lift the entire forwards as well as probably lead them.

I would expect McCullough to learn much except interestingly with no back-row signed it has been muted that he might find himself back there at some stage.

It appeared to me that at the AGM our forwards coach accepted failure in the front five and indeed that we had three hookers that needed to improve their throwing. It was suggested that Harrison will be the answer to all our line out problems and it was clear that they expect a lot of him hence they chased him for all of last year.

So yes I will give him a chance but a lot does depend on him.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Gaz wrote:Sorry Rooster, wasn't joking. UR said that it was open to accredited journalists only. Oh , and sponsors. Pity we don't pour lots of money into UR by buying match tickets, replica kits etc. , then we might have got an invite.
Gaz, bit of a disgrace that URSC can’t have an invite.:twisted:
You could always give beer to Richard Mulligan to give on our behalf (remember to tell him we will knock the living $hit out of him if he keeps it himself, and we know where he sits on Friday nights) he probably is not a member of URSC but at least he is a supporter as well as a journo. :red:
On the other hand I wonder how much we would have to give Simon for a place as a sponser :?:
Rory Best
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

I am more than prepared to give Justin every chance to prove himself in an Ulster shirt and lets not forget Boss (but at least his grandma's from Armagh) as well.
Well all I can say CT is that if that the auld fighting Armagh blood will drive him onto huge feats of bravery, committment and zeal when wearing the glorious red hand of Ulster.

Colin :twisted:
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

To follow on from what has been said by Gaz I was disappointed to learn that a request to have some supporters presence at the press conference for Harrison wasn't welcomed.

I understand it wasn't the intention to take the conference over simply an effort to let our new signing say hello to some supporters and provide a photo opportunity for the Press etc if desired.

But I understand the requirement that Corporate Sponsorship should be given its place before the ordinary supporter. As stated we only buy the tickets and are expected to turn up rain, hail or shine to watch the team no matter what the results as we did last year when despite finishing near the bottom we still were the best supported team.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Has always been the case and twill always be the case ........... a band of thousands willing to help out but ignored. Maybe they should look at what the Munster supporters have done for their team!

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

See the Ulster Rugby site actually got a press statement on the net before the BBC this time :shock: Is Harrison starting to knock some sense into them already :D
Rory Best
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

The white jersey of Ulster suits Mr Harrison .........