Ulster v Connacht

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Connacht

Post by Jackie Brown »

If we lose to a development province we should hang out heads in shame.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Last 12 versus Connacht, won 6 lost 6
Six of those games at home, won 4 lost 2
Most recent 3, won them all

I'd liken Connachts chances of a win, similar to our own if we went down to Thomond for a knockout game.

They most certainly have a chance.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

They obviously prefer their chances at Ravers rather than down Saffer way. This laydees, gennelmen and Les autres, is the pivotal point of the season; we should expect to beat Connacht at home, and squeeze past most likely Stormers. Anything less, ( in fairness, injuries contingent) this management team need to be judged accordingly; exit at QF/ SF is not progress, if we're judging this management team/ squad on progress, rather than actually winning anything.
Leinster have Toulouse, ( if they win, Exeter/LAR) Sharks, plus either Weegies or Turnips ( I wouldn't put it beyond Munster to win in Belfast the larger) . A significantly more exacting run in to the URC final, in close proximity, if the win as expected. I could see them fall to injuries/ fatigue with squad depth tested to the limit. Best case for us if we make it, is that Leinster make both finals, rather than exit Europe at SF ( Their best chance of defeat imo- both Toulouse and Leireland are the best teams left in EPCR) and become wholly focussed on URC.
If we are fully loaded and don't make the final, we have again underperformed.

So many IFS and buts however :scratch:
Exterminate all rational thought
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Yes this is a game we should win but when you look at recent performances and results I have a feeling the westies will be licking their lips. They have 3 players regularly in the ireland 23 and a couple more you could argue who are closer than their ulster opposite. As with many other games this season a couple of early injuries in key positions or going behind will test our credentials.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

jean valjean wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:20 pm Yes this is a game we should win but when you look at recent performances and results I have a feeling the westies will be licking their lips. They have 3 players regularly in the ireland 23 and a couple more you could argue who are closer than their ulster opposite. As with many other games this season a couple of early injuries in key positions or going behind will test our credentials.
Yep. The Mentalist will need to earn his corn or it's nappy time again
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

2 home games. Not being complacent but ulster should be favourites to reach the final. You don't get to play Dragons or Zebre at this stage and with home advantage ulster should be looking to beat the 2 teams they'd have to play.

If they don't then they are not one of the top URC teams. Simple as that.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

A defeat to Connacht, is it still a successful season, discuss yes/no ..
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Dave wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:03 pm A defeat to Connacht, is it still a successful season, discuss yes/no ..
Is it f#ck
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:07 pm
Dave wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:03 pm A defeat to Connacht, is it still a successful season, discuss yes/no ..
Is it f#ck
Never seen NO spelt that way before!!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Is it f#ck
Good answer Image
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Bobbievee wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:12 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:07 pm
Is it f#ck
Never seen NO spelt that way before!!
Loosely translated from the Icelandic root Fokk
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Lots of talk from Ulster management bout how the TMO in Cape Town denied ulster a home semi final last season. Not much point saying that if you can't win your home knockout games.

If ulster don't make the final it would not be a successful season and we definitely would not be brill. Finishing 2nd was good but let's face it, it's only in the knockouts where the top teams have a full deck to choose from, bar injuries.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:Lots of talk from Ulster management bout how the TMO in Cape Town denied ulster a home semi final last season. Not much point saying that if you can't win your home knockout games.

If ulster don't make the final it would not be a successful season and we definitely would not be brill. Finishing 2nd was good but let's face it, it's only in the knockouts where the top teams have a full deck to choose from, bar injuries.
Bar injuries? They shouldn't be near the pub at present.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

We ran a fully loaded Leinster side playing at home in the Aviva closer than English champions Leicester and French giants Toulouse in the European Cup knockouts.... I say yes.

We were still within a beagles gowl up until 65 odd minutes, which is more than Toulouse with their all international lineup and massive budget can say.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

The weather was the key factor in keeping our score close. Leinster would not have racked up the points they did against Leicester and toulouse in downpour. Remember LR away?