Leinster VS Ulster HC QF 01/04/23

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Leinster VS Ulster HC QF 01/04/23

Post by Dave »

McFarseland out
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:21 pmMcFarseland out
Plug won't come to Ulster....
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
He doesn't have to. Leinster could beat us without him.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Dave wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:12 pm We are just nowhere this level. No business being in the comp from here on in. I would rather the Parker Pen tbh.
I've said this a few times. It's a competition we could actually win.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

solidarity wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:44 pm
Dave wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:12 pm We are just nowhere this level. No business being in the comp from here on in. I would rather the Parker Pen tbh.
I've said this a few times. It's a competition we could actually win.
And any silverware is better than none.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:26 pm
Big long extension would be the obvious solution.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Hawkeye
Novice

Post by Hawkeye »

Would Marty or Hendy have made any difference to the result? Somehow I doubt it. Once again Doak too slow at rucks - arm flapping and pointing and looking around aimlessly. Someone needs to show him the Pienaar back album - poetry in motion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Simple fact is Leinster don’t have to do anything special to beat Ulster …. We have too many average players who think they are the greatest thing since slice bread..

Not a month or so that I read here that McIlroy was amongst the best there back players in world rugby … get real.

Often posters have talked about the best back line in the league we need to wake up smell the roses and realise we are what we are and nothing more.

The whole system is too old boy network Malone Bell Cunningham to name three ..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
UR13IRFU
Novice

Post by UR13IRFU »

Leinster biggest budget in Europe with all the IRFU contracted players then they have core budget to retain the rest…how can Ulster ever compete with that. Maybe one off game we beat them but Ulster are Parker Pen standard when you see the quality of the potential QF teams
paddybrown
Novice

Post by paddybrown »

Too much negativity here. A good effort against what is effectively Ireland, the number one ranked team in the world. We couldn't keep up with them, but we didn't disgrace ourselves. We did about as well as any team in the Six Nations.

You couldn't fault anyone for effort, and Stockdale and Herring were just immense. The try that Stockdale started by chasing his own kick, finished by Hume from a Burns crossfield kick - without even a penalty advantage - was an absolute peach.

Two home league games and a home quarter final coming up. If we play like that, we've nothing to worry about.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Agree, Ulster weren't ever beating Ireland, I guess the score and result suit the IRFU. From an Ulster perspective it was about individuals and would they be able to beat their one on ones.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

As expected, no real issues, they put a shift in.

The conditions were dreadful which helped condense the game. I feel we can’t win a tight game against Leinster, we don’t have the pack, and kicking from 9 is never going to give us the territory to play from. Leinsters handling was far superior in the wet compared to UR which again gave them a platform, and prevented us from having one. Their continued pressure forced our yellow cards.

We coughed up a few errors at important times which killed our momentum.

Disappointed Cooney and Stewart weren’t used a bit earlier.

Sheridan looks a serious prospect. Stockdale played well.

We need a viable wet weather kicking 10….pin and squeeze.

Decent effort, against a side that’d beat a lot of international sides.

…..the irish commentator on BT sport is an absolute Leinster centric prat.
Soda
Novice

Post by Soda »

UR13IRFU wrote:Leinster biggest budget in Europe with all the IRFU contracted players then they have core budget to retain the rest…how can Ulster ever compete with that. Maybe one off game we beat them but Ulster are Parker Pen standard when you see the quality of the potential QF teams
Our basic problem isn't budget, it's youth development
Leinster are Ireland because they're better than the rest of us, thats why our team is full of Leinster cast offs, we just aren't producing enough decent players
Heads should roll but they won't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Soda
Novice

Post by Soda »

UR13IRFU wrote:Leinster biggest budget in Europe with all the IRFU contracted players then they have core budget to retain the rest…how can Ulster ever compete with that. Maybe one off game we beat them but Ulster are Parker Pen standard when you see the quality of the potential QF teams
Our basic problem isn't budget, it's youth development
Leinster are Ireland because they're better than the rest of us, thats why our team is full of Leinster cast offs, we just aren't producing enough decent players
Heads should roll but they won't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Off the Top
Initiate

Post by Off the Top »

paddybrown wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:28 pm Too much negativity here. A good effort against what is effectively Ireland, the number one ranked team in the world. We couldn't keep up with them, but we didn't disgrace ourselves. We did about as well as any team in the Six Nations.

You couldn't fault anyone for effort, and Stockdale and Herring were just immense. The try that Stockdale started by chasing his own kick, finished by Hume from a Burns crossfield kick - without even a penalty advantage - was an absolute peach.

Two home league games and a home quarter final coming up. If we play like that, we've nothing to worry about.
I couldn't agree more Paddy Brown.

You cannot fault anyone for effort - we were just outplayed by an Irish international pack that were relentless. We were under so much pressure throughout the game but we stood up well and stopped a number of tries. Other teams would have shipped a bucketload of points and no doubt Leinster will put more that 30 points on Leicester next week.

I was disappointed with the result but proud of our team. They have come back from their pre-Christmas slump and we have a good few matches to look forward to.