Sat Jan 21 8pm Ulster v Sale BT Sport 2 / beIN SPORTS / SuperSport / FloRugby

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Sat Jan 21 8pm Ulster v Sale BT Sport 2 / beIN SPORTS / SuperSport / FloRugby

Post by UlsterNo9 »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:41 am
Big-al wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:12 am The 2nd disallowed try in the 2nd half was a simple walk in if they passed it one out to Timoney.

Those are the sort of quick decision making that Keinster excel at and make look easy.

Feck the challenge cup.
Correct.

No interest in it.
+2

I'd sooner go to Dublin and take a walloping.

With few players on 6 Nations duty and out of Champions Cup at round of 16 that leaves players well rested. With a small squad without European games and only league we may just come through with our front liners relatively unscathed. Gives us our best shot at the league.

Stormers next weekend is huge. If we win that season is back on. Top two finish has to be the target to get home league QF and potential Semi.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Sat Jan 21 8pm Ulster v Sale BT Sport 2 / beIN SPORTS / SuperSport / FloRugby

Post by Dave »

A day out is all Ulster will ever get. A season or two ago demonstrated how we couldn't even get near winning the Parker Pen.

Enjoy supporting 'A day out RFC'.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

TopPoster wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:12 am A good win yes. Improved performances and showed some grit at the end.

But…..

Call me a miserable facker all you like but this won’t do UR any favours. Likely to get the usual tanking by Leinster in the last 16 to end another disappointing Hieny Cup. Ain’t going to be URC champs either.

A plucky draw or a LBP & 4TBP would have secured Challenge Cup qualification which might give a more realistic chance of silverware to break that duck.
I think you’re significantly underestimating the value of the win in terms of shutting up the noise around our recent run of form.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

justinr73 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:01 pm
TopPoster wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:12 am A good win yes. Improved performances and showed some grit at the end.

But…..

Call me a miserable facker all you like but this won’t do UR any favours. Likely to get the usual tanking by Leinster in the last 16 to end another disappointing Hieny Cup. Ain’t going to be URC champs either.

A plucky draw or a LBP & 4TBP would have secured Challenge Cup qualification which might give a more realistic chance of silverware to break that duck.
I think you’re significantly underestimating the value of the win in terms of shutting up the noise around our recent run of form.
Justin, the "noise " is well justified. It's also a pathology...
Exterminate all rational thought
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Yep, sometimes you've just got to try and stop the rot.

Stormers at home this Friday is the next brick to be put in the wall. It's a potential 10 point swing to the winner towards home advantage come knockout time.

Last time we played them was heartbreaking.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:19 pm

Stormers at home this Friday is the next brick to be put in the wall. It's a potential 10 point swing to the winner towards home advantage come knockout time.

Why? What happened? ....
Exterminate all rational thought
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:07 pm

But…..

Justin, the "noise " is well justified. It's also a pathology...
It is and it isn’t.

If you weren’t at the wins in Limerick and Galway, then I can just about see how a last kick loss on NYD plus a few close defeats in tough away games can seem like a full blown crisis, if you’re prone to such hyperbole.

Winning a home game that we’d normally expect to win was important, however.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:19 pm

It’ll be interesting to see how they manage their squad, given their away game at Sharks the week after.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:29 am There still is a scenario whereby we will not meet Leinster, we could end up playing Sorries, Exeter or Edinburgh still. The probability of that happening is well......

If London Irish beat Montpellier in France by 28 points or more and Montpellier pick up no try bonus point we will play one of the following

Sorries if they beat Edinburgh in any form or if they draw and gain a try bonus point
Exeter if Sorries lose to Edinburgh (and Edinburgh do not hit the criteria below)
Edinburgh if they beat Sorries by 52 points or more and pick up a try bonus point

This is the most useless piece of information you will read today.
Far too early on a Sunday hangover to deal with thon permutations.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:28 pm

Why? What happened? ....
>threaten >threaten >threaten
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

TopPoster wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:44 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:29 am There still is a scenario whereby we will not meet Leinster, we could end up playing Sorries, Exeter or Edinburgh still. The probability of that happening is well......

If London Irish beat Montpellier in France by 28 points or more and Montpellier pick up no try bonus point we will play one of the following

Sorries if they beat Edinburgh in any form or if they draw and gain a try bonus point
Exeter if Sorries lose to Edinburgh (and Edinburgh do not hit the criteria below)
Edinburgh if they beat Sorries by 52 points or more and pick up a try bonus point

This is the most useless piece of information you will read today.
Far too early on a Sunday hangover to deal with thon permutations.
Dry January Tops, people rave about giving up the drink and how much time they have on their hands, no hangovers or time spent sleeping it aff. What they don't tell you is how the feck you fill that new found time in.
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

But…..

If it is indeed leinster in the aviva the financial return for Ulster will be massive. And it will be a cracking day out. And you wouldn't write us off against Leinster. We know how to beat them, we've done it recently. It's an amazing outcome from a disastrous campaign so far.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

But…..

Agreed Justin. This was a very important win to give the lads a little confidence back. If we can turn the Stormers over next weekend then we might be back in business.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Just need to look on the leinster forum to see how the prospect of playing ulster has gone down. Let's just say they wouldn't have picked us as an opponent, so that is telling enough.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

MightyRearranger wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:58 pm There were indeed a lot of basic errors, but that's the most intensity I've seen from Ulster for a long time. But of spice to it. Stockdale had a goof game too. Also loved the passion from Jeffrey Tomaga Allen when on the bench. Was dubious when he came, but get him signed up for next year.
JTA was excellent on the pitch before he was benched too. Has got well up to speed in last couple of matches.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right