Benetton v Ulster Saturday January 7 1pm KO (UK Time) Viaplay (Premier) Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Benetton v Ulster Saturday January 7 1pm KO (UK Time) Viaplay (Premier) Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by BR »

damianmcr wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:19 pm
richardt84 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:16 pm Petrie back on Twitter and says ‘No, I don’t agree it’s a crisis. It’s frustrating for sure, and we need to be better though.’
Was just about to post this. Watching with my popcorn.
Popcorn???? This is an interactive game!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: Benetton v Ulster Saturday January 7 1pm KO (UK Time) Viaplay (Premier) Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Soda wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:21 pm Petrie talking through his hole
This is getting like the mid noughties
Suspect Dan has lost the dressing room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep
Exterminate all rational thought
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

TheSnapper wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:57 pm Such negativity

Be the change you want to see in the world
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

kingofthehill wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:00 pm
TheSnapper wrote:Such negativity
Another game conceding over 30points isn’t ideal but has become the norm.

Can’t get my head round how we can’t close out a game. Is it lack of leaders on the pitch? What’s the answer?

World cup winner, 2 lions and a hatful of internationals. + AOC. Plenty of leaders King- maybe they don't believe the plan for World domination
Exterminate all rational thought
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

2 points. I wasn’t expecting that.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

BR wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:33 pm
richardt84 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:16 pm Petrie back on Twitter and says ‘No, I don’t agree it’s a crisis. It’s frustrating for sure, and we need to be better though.’
I don't think you're getting a reply from JP.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

damianmcr wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:40 pm
Is it not a wee bit cringe he's engaging with fans via Twitter. Don't know the fella, but don't think it's the right medium for a man in his position.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
kingofthehill wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:00 pm
TheSnapper wrote:Such negativity
Another game conceding over 30points isn’t ideal but has become the norm.

Can’t get my head round how we can’t close out a game. Is it lack of leaders on the pitch? What’s the answer?

World cup winner, 2 lions and a hatful of internationals. + AOC. Plenty of leaders King- maybe they don't believe the plan for World domination
Just because you’re a lion doesn’t mean your a leader.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It was god's plan according to our all black.

God out.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Is it not a wee bit cringe he's engaging with fans via Twitter. Don't know the fella, but don't think it's the right medium for a man in his position.
Definitely not.

He never ever should of started in the first place. Strikes me as a fella who knows that being seen on social media is a good thing for his ‘brand’. He’s not interested in long term ulster!

Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

That means someone gone by Monday
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

I wrote this after the Munster game-it’s still relevant:

Lack of responsibility/ ownership of your own performance?…..no problem.

Speak to JTA & Rory Sutherland-get 2 guys from wasps/Worcester:
1) 30yrs, married, kids, mortgage.
2) 21/22yrs, 30 club caps.

Pay them £x, treat them like kings, get them to both do a presentation to the squad, about all their issues….no contracts or very financially poor offers, flooded market with players, relocations issues, housing, relationships, getting kids in schools….etc etc.

Then Dan to speak to the squad and coaches privately-the passengers, gravy train stops. Poor performance and your out the fecking door….that’ll sharpen training attention spans. Too much assumption you get to spend an entire career at UR, dialling it in.

@@@@@@@@@

Re KOTH and leaders on pitch: you’re right. How many looked like they were saying “yep give me the fecking ball” I’ll carry. The clearing out was brad pitt all game. DV barely and I mean barely touched the ball - I recall zero carries from him and minimal clear outs. A lack of a tactical kicker at 10 is absolutely killing us, meaning no territorial control as you can’t do it effectively from a kicking 9 consistently. Their 10 showed BB up.
We were beaten by a side with solid set piece, combative ruck, superb linespeed, and a 10 with a boot……..let that sink in, the absolute bare bones of a structure.

I’m deadly serious re the above suggestion to the coaches and squad…..re getting wasps/Worc lads struggling to get a pro contract in to speak.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Of course not. It was not a question.

My hope is that he knows rightly it is a crisis and is trying to retard the freefall. Obviously he can't say that on social media.

Actually don't have a problem with him being on twitter (while I agree with KotH, it is good for his own brand), he should be engaging with the population and be seen to be listening. Naturally with all public offices, he will from time to time have to lie through his teeth. We can only hope his candid opinion differs from his diplomatic role.

Edit - he did respond, to be fair. Diplomatically, of course, but hopefully point taken.
Last edited by BR on Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Dharper wrote:I wrote this after the Munster game-it’s still relevant:

Lack of responsibility/ ownership of your own performance?…..no problem.

Speak to JTA & Rory Sutherland-get 2 guys from wasps/Worcester:
1) 30yrs, married, kids, mortgage.
2) 21/22yrs, 30 club caps.

Pay them £x, treat them like kings, get them to both do a presentation to the squad, about all their issues….no contracts or very financially poor offers, flooded market with players, relocations issues, housing, relationships, getting kids in schools….etc etc.

Then Dan to speak to the squad and coaches privately-the passengers, gravy train stops. Poor performance and your out the fecking door….that’ll sharpen training attention spans. Too much assumption you get to spend an entire career at UR, dialling it in.

@@@@@@@@@

Re KOTH and leaders on pitch: you’re right. How many looked like they were saying “yep give me the fecking ball” I’ll carry. The clearing out was brad pitt all game. DV barely and I mean barely touched the ball - I recall zero carries from him and minimal clear outs. A lack of a tactical kicker at 10 is absolutely killing us, meaning no territorial control as you can’t do it effectively from a kicking 9 consistently. Their 10 showed BB up.
We were beaten by a side with solid set piece, combative ruck, superb linespeed, and a 10 with a boot……..let that sink in, the absolute bare bones of a structure.

I’m deadly serious re the above suggestion to the coaches and squad…..re getting wasps/Worc lads struggling to get a pro contract in to speak.
When the going got tough, only person who carried with a bit of venom was Lowry.

kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

BR wrote:
Of course not. It was not a question.

My hope is that he knows rightly it is a crisis and is trying to retard the freefall. Obviously he can't say that on social media.

Actually don't have a problem with him being on twitter (while I agree with KotH, it is good for his own brand), he should be engaging with the population and be seen to be listening. Naturally with all public offices, he will from time to time have to lie through his teeth. We can only hope his candid opinion differs from his diplomatic role.
Not on social media. Engaging with fans in person is the way to go. Be seen at rugby clubs and speak to fans before/after ulster matches.