Time to move on

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

stickinout
Warrior Chief

Re: Time to move on

Post by stickinout »

Lurgan Lad wrote:I'll preface this by saying I will continue to support both Ulster and Ireland, and I agree with Shan that it isn't the acts that need to be compared when deciding whether there has been inconsistency between how the IRFU has treated different acts, it is the PR side that has been the biggest factor in what decisions the IRFU have made.

I must be honest I do find it very hard to move on, and it is mainly for the following reasons:
-The complete lack of effort in shaping public opinion with regards to PJ & SO from our leader down, off the top of my head the only one I can think of was Willie John McBride. It tells me that even at his age he still has more leadership than anyone in UR or IRFU. How can UR not support their own?
-The clarity that we are just a branch of the IRFU with little autonomy. Maybe not an amazing revelation for some, but I actually thought significant decisions were made in Belfast. This has big ramifications for me, whether it be Carberry or Keatley or whoever, the sacking of the physio and S&C coach, even Logan going, it looks like all these decisions are made in Dublin. As a consequence who or what are you supporting, just a branch of the IRFU that happens to be in Belfast?
-The contempt for supporters. It simply feels like supporters are a cash cow to be milked rather than part of a real club where they are respected and valued. It feels a bit like UR has cashed in its soul.
well said LL..... therein lies the rub
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Points 1&3 have been understood and thats why Slogan was the fall guy. Point 2 is why only so much can change, but when wee Joey has more power and autonomy in D4 than the Ulster CEO somethings not quite right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

stickinout wrote:
Lurgan Lad wrote:I'll preface this by saying I will continue to support both Ulster and Ireland, and I agree with Shan that it isn't the acts that need to be compared when deciding whether there has been inconsistency between how the IRFU has treated different acts, it is the PR side that has been the biggest factor in what decisions the IRFU have made.

I must be honest I do find it very hard to move on, and it is mainly for the following reasons:
-The complete lack of effort in shaping public opinion with regards to PJ & SO from our leader down, off the top of my head the only one I can think of was Willie John McBride. It tells me that even at his age he still has more leadership than anyone in UR or IRFU. How can UR not support their own?
-The clarity that we are just a branch of the IRFU with little autonomy. Maybe not an amazing revelation for some, but I actually thought significant decisions were made in Belfast. This has big ramifications for me, whether it be Carberry or Keatley or whoever, the sacking of the physio and S&C coach, even Logan going, it looks like all these decisions are made in Dublin. As a consequence who or what are you supporting, just a branch of the IRFU that happens to be in Belfast?
-The contempt for supporters. It simply feels like supporters are a cash cow to be milked rather than part of a real club where they are respected and valued. It feels a bit like UR has cashed in its soul.
You see guys it's like this, LOOK .................... never, ever in my long legged/shortarsed life have I ever had the slightest doubt about where the decision-making powers lie, it's in D4, D4 & D4.

It always has been, in days of yore (pre-pro rugby) there was in general a balance with Leinster & Ulster by a long way the more powerful in terms of running the union, Munster a poor relative & Connacht, like the province, in the arsehole of nowhere in power terms, an irrelevance that for decades extended to the playing side too.

Connacht players had to be outstanding, Munster players twice as good as Mexicans or Nordies, for the selectors were Mexico2, Ulster2 Munter1 and trade-offs were done ensuring Mexicans & Ulster players often got caps when none were due.

But that is the past, when in general ex-players rose to prominence as blazers & ran the game. In the best way they could with an occasional paid employee, generally down the pecking order.

Since the pro era, the FIRFU now has a structure of Head Office with it's branches in the provinces as LL says. The power of a CEO with his baby CEO's in the branches accountable. There are still planty of olf farts, many of them very worthy gents who have given sterling service from playing to blazering and jobs in between.

But there is a cabal of paid men, Browne & Nucifora very prominently, plus the power of the national coach/es and that is where the power lies.

I've clearly never been involved being merely a self-absorbed loudmouth, but even to an outsider it is very clear that Ravenhill cannot issue a long string of farts without D4 specifying how many.

And here gentlemen is where you and I are not convergent in our attitudes. I've never had the slightest doubt about who calls the shots, my enemy is very clear, it takes on something akin to human form in the sobriquet, FIRFUCs.

I can only say, that with my penchant for absolute clarity in assessing people & organisations, I cannot in all conscience do anything but despise and look down from my moral high ground on those obsequious fools who do not realise that the FIRFUCs are your enemies and continue to support them, emotionally & financially through the turnstiles of the Aviva.

I find you to be lacking in all every department of human dignity, wastrels happy to live off crumbs from the master's table. Those of you who are supplicants when the wafers & wine are doled out in meagre measure by the FIRFUCs are feeble worms, undue the most basic respect. I hope you all die soon.

#fu'cktheFIRFU
#fu'ckNucibastard
#fu'ckthatturdBrowne

oh aye, & FOJS
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Why is it in the interest of the cabal of paid men to enfeeble one province and to prefer another?
Does Ulster have any responsibility for its own downfall?
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Ask Logan?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Dublin4 wrote:Why is it in the interest of the cabal of paid men to enfeeble one province and to prefer another?
Ulster has its own un-paid cabal who have been in place far too long plus they have influence way above their non pay paid grade... I note that several committee men get brought in to sit and play the game and ensure that some committees go round in circles or can be called upon when needed... amateurs should be nowhere near the professional game...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dublin4 wrote:Why is it in the interest of the cabal of paid men to enfeeble one province and to prefer another?
Revenge

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Let me ask that another way, how responsible are D4 in who is appointed at UR and in the amateurish structures in place and, as a consequence, in our serious underperformance for an extended period of time?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

How responsible are D4 also for the financial mess that is Munster rugby?

Firstly allowing two bases one in Limerick the other in Cork which drained financial resource which should have been centralised.

Secondly building a stadium for 26000 plus which often only sees crowds of 12000.... paying the interest at present or just back to making repayments?

Thirdly, is the Munster academy producing anywhere close to its potential. Munster is coming down with imports like ourselves.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Munster are in a worse position than us. I pity them.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

But they can afford 5 number 10s.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

All dung
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I’ve meditated for days on this subject. I’ve consulted my mentor Jack Kornfield and explained the complexities and the consternation which we’ve all struggled with in the past 70 (how many Dave?) days. I’ve cleared my mind and filled my heart with compassion and understanding.
It’s been difficult, but I’ve come to the inevitable conclusion.
They’re all Kuntz. I will not move on and I’ll hold any Ulsterman who wears their colours or supports FIRFUCs team, as being unworthy of the name Ulsterman.
I’ll support my team and I won’t be told I’m foolish to hold this hot coal. I can hold it.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
War of attrition
Novice

Post by War of attrition »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
stickinout wrote:

You see guys it's like this, LOOK .................... never, ever in my long legged/shortarsed life have I ever had the slightest doubt about where the decision-making powers lie, it's in D4, D4 & D4.

It always has been, in days of yore (pre-pro rugby) there was in general a balance with Leinster & Ulster by a long way the more powerful in terms of running the union, Munster a poor relative & Connacht, like the province, in the arsehole of nowhere in power terms, an irrelevance that for decades extended to the playing side too.

Connacht players had to be outstanding, Munster players twice as good as Mexicans or Nordies, for the selectors were Mexico2, Ulster2 Munter1 and trade-offs were done ensuring Mexicans & Ulster players often got caps when none were due.

But that is the past, when in general ex-players rose to prominence as blazers & ran the game. In the best way they could with an occasional paid employee, generally down the pecking order.

Since the pro era, the FIRFU now has a structure of Head Office with it's branches in the provinces as LL says. The power of a CEO with his baby CEO's in the branches accountable. There are still planty of olf farts, many of them very worthy gents who have given sterling service from playing to blazering and jobs in between.

But there is a cabal of paid men, Browne & Nucifora very prominently, plus the power of the national coach/es and that is where the power lies.

I've clearly never been involved being merely a self-absorbed loudmouth, but even to an outsider it is very clear that Ravenhill cannot issue a long string of farts without D4 specifying how many.

And here gentlemen is where you and I are not convergent in our attitudes. I've never had the slightest doubt about who calls the shots, my enemy is very clear, it takes on something akin to human form in the sobriquet, FIRFUCs.

I can only say, that with my penchant for absolute clarity in assessing people & organisations, I cannot in all conscience do anything but despise and look down from my moral high ground on those obsequious fools who do not realise that the FIRFUCs are your enemies and continue to support them, emotionally & financially through the turnstiles of the Aviva.

I find you to be lacking in all every department of human dignity, wastrels happy to live off crumbs from the master's table. Those of you who are supplicants when the wafers & wine are doled out in meagre measure by the FIRFUCs are feeble worms, undue the most basic respect. I hope you all die soon.

#fu'cktheFIRFU
#fu'ckNucibastard
#fu'ckthatturdBrowne

oh aye, & FOJS
any spare tickets for ABS game pm me

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Day 73.

#neverforget
#nevermoveon