Help Needed

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Help Needed

Post by scrum5 »

For the avoidance of doubt I added the line in red myself
The Irish Rugby Football Union (IRFU) is the governing body for the sport of rugby union in Ireland. It comprises of four provincial branches of Connacht, Leinster, Munster and Ulster, as well as the national governing body.

We are currently seeking a dynamic and results driven individual to lead the Ulster Rugby Academy. Responsible to the High Performance Manager, IRFU, and the Director of Rugby, Ulster Rugby, the post-holder will be based at Kingspan Stadium, Belfast. A key focus of the role will be to oversee the strategies and long-term Provincial objectives of the elite pathway aligned to IRFU LTPD and Technical models. With a proven track record of achievement in developing players for the elite representative game of rugby union, the successful candidate will also have the competence to manage effectively, motivate others and develop relationships.

A full job description and person specification is available by clicking here.

For a confidential discussion regarding this post, please contact Karen Brown, HR Manager (Ulster Rugby) on +44 7769 174552.

To apply, please download an application form and return it, along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for this post (no more than one A4 page), via email to recruit@ulsterrugby.com or via post to The Monitoring Officer, Ulster Rugby, Kingspan Stadium, 85 Ravenhill Park, Belfast BT6 0DG.

The closing date and time for receipt of applications is 10am on Monday 19th January 2015. We regret that applications received after this date and time cannot be considered. Shortlisting is scheduled for 20th January with interviews planned for week commencing 26th January.

The IRFU is an equal opportunities employer and as such welcomes applications regardless of community background, sex, disability, gender orientation, race or creed.When we say we are an equal opportunities employer what we really mean is that only ex-Ulster players will be considered....Thank you
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Re: Help Needed

Post by Mac »

Hope its not just 2MJFTB.......... and want to be proven wrong.
Right person for the position etc etc.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17284&start=480#p489347
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Is there anyone in Lisburn we haven't tried yet?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Paddy Wallace
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Sold to the man in row 8....

Our next lot is, a new cactus listening device in Norries desk... Do I hear 10 quid....
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

It's Clarke's old job but I wouldn't be surprised if Naz takes it over
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote:Sold to the man in row 8....

Our next lot is, a new cactus listening device in Norries desk... Do I hear 10 quid....
Is Norries desk still there, come to think about it is Norrie still there ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

It'll be an Ulsterman of course. That doesn't necessarily mean that it's JFTB. I just doubt an external candidate would consider moving to NI unless they were going to pay top whack. I don't think they'll pay top whack for an Academy position.

I'd just like to see someone who can turn a promising young back row player into the finished article. Allegedly we have plenty of promising young back row players, but little end product so far.

And produce some decent scrum halves as well.
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

Who is in charge of the Academy at the moment?
Available for weddings May to August only
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:It'll be an Ulsterman of course. That doesn't necessarily mean that it's JFTB. I just doubt an external candidate would consider moving to NI unless they were going to pay top whack. I don't think they'll pay top whack for an Academy position.

I'd just like to see someone who can turn a promising young back row player into the finished article. Allegedly we have plenty of promising young back row players, but little end product so far.

What do you think a head of an Academy would be paid?
Available for weddings May to August only
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

TheSnapper wrote:
LegsLikeSausages wrote:It'll be an Ulsterman of course. That doesn't necessarily mean that it's JFTB. I just doubt an external candidate would consider moving to NI unless they were going to pay top whack. I don't think they'll pay top whack for an Academy position.

What do you think a head of an Academy would be paid?
I don't know, but I doubt it would be enough to convince an outsider to move their family to Northern Ireland.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

If not mistaken Gloucester are also advertising for the same position...... Whereas ours is responsible to the High Performance Manager, the IRFU, and the Director of Rugby at UR theirs it would appear is just responsible to the DoR.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Ampersand
Novice

Post by Ampersand »

Cockatrice wrote:If not mistaken Gloucester are also advertising for the same position......
Why are Gloucester advertising for an individual to lead the Ulster Rugby Academy?

Davy Humphreys double jobbing?
&