Ulster Verses Cardiff Updates

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

King Ding
Squire

Re: Ulster Verses Cardiff Updates

Post by King Ding »

The reactions of bowe and Harrison tonight at the end shows they have Ulsterrugby in their hearts :red: , they were the only leavers i saw chatting to fans at the end and getting photo's, the others didnt seem to care.
WhiteKnightSupporter
Initiate

Post by WhiteKnightSupporter »

From listening to the game it sounded like the discipline was a lot better(?) but just the school boy errors are what cost us. We also seem to be a lot more clinical in attack, so hopefully we can keep that up next season.
McPepper
Initiate

Post by McPepper »

WhiteKnightSupporter wrote:From listening to the game it sounded like the discipline was a lot better(?) but just the school boy errors are what cost us. We also seem to be a lot more clinical in attack, so hopefully we can keep that up next season.
That is basically right plus the fact the referee was an idiot
goodaine
Chancellor to the King

Post by goodaine »

the referee was an idiot
Agree with that plus you forgot the blind touch judge in the first half :wink:

I'm not drunk! I just have speech impediment... [vomits]
and a stomach virus... [falls off bar stool]
and an inner ear infection."
Brian Griffin
rugbymunchkin
Initiate
Location: Between South Belfast and Larne... About ballyclare!

Post by rugbymunchkin »

and the touch judge in the 2nd half whose flag seemed stuck behind his back!
If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, but you'll be hard to beat!!!
http://nazwarner.bebo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

goodaine wrote:
the referee was an idiot
Agree with that plus you forgot the blind touch judge in the first half :wink:
Yeah, - If it hadn't been for some ridiculous refereeing decisions we could have won the Magners league this season
:wink:
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Sorry folks but the refs are the same for both teams, yes they're pretty poor on occasions, but after every match we have a good banter about how hard done by we are and i just dont agree that the ref costs us the game every week.

Ulster have a pretty poor disciplinary record, players like Caldwell need to wise up, he was lying on the floor interfering with play in the second minute, i could see it from the terrace and he got pinged. Now with his record he cant go doing that in the first minutes of the game as it sets the refs eyes on him if they werent already.

Tonight what cost us the game was support for the ball carrier, missed tackles, poor lineouts and not kicking two easy penalties at 5-7 down in the first half.

I though Rob Dewey was on th up til tonight. When he had the ball he ran like be'jasus into contact in the opposite direction of his support players. His tackling for a big strong boy is rubbish, all you need to do is not run straight into him and you're away.

Caldwell looks good and athletic with the ball in hand but gets isolated through going too far, or in the wrong direction, he coughed up possession lord knows how many times with that tonight.

For all Danielli's extremely good work in attack, he's an attrocious defender.

Another season gone, and its one to forget for many reasons, but tonight was memorable - the crowd were in top form, and gave the leavers a great sendoff, its a shame they didnt give us one, I'm sure Davy would of if he could have lasted an hour.
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:If it hadn't been for some ridiculous refereeing decisions we could have won the Magners league this season :wink:
ColinM wrote:Sorry folks but the refs are the same for both teams, yes they're pretty poor on occasions, but after every match we have a good banter about how hard done by we are and i just dont agree that the ref costs us the game every week.
Operation for removal of 'sarcasm detector gland' was successful then?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Operation for removal of 'sarcasm detector gland' was successful then?
No. i havent had an operation :wink: