Petrie departs…..

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bobbievee
Warrior Assassin

Re: Petrie departs…..

Post by Bobbievee »

Big-al wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:05 pm I’m sorry but this is the biggest load of tom kite I have read.

You speed in your vechicke, get caught, you can’t get away with it by blaming your passenger or the person you were racing etc

The people liable for Grenfel are the council, the local control who signed off on it, and the people/company who chose a product not fit for purpose.
But the people who manufactured the product lied about its fitness for purpose?!
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

rumncoke wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:26 pm If only - there is then the strong possibility the renovation was discussed with the Tennants before it was carried out - and they approved it so are the tenants to blame ?
Tenants aren’t qualified to determine how hazardous building materials are.

That is for surveyors, architects, building control and local authorities to select the most suitable materials for the job.

Kingspan supplied 5% of the cladding, they weren’t the company to blame for this.

However, this report questions their general culture.

The people that should be held to account for this appears to be the American company behind the cladding and the pen pushers whose job it is to ensure best building practises and adequate materials are used at all times.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Bobbievee wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:50 pm
Big-al wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:05 pm I’m sorry but this is the biggest load of tom kite I have read.

You speed in your vechicke, get caught, you can’t get away with it by blaming your passenger or the person you were racing etc

The people liable for Grenfel are the council, the local control who signed off on it, and the people/company who chose a product not fit for purpose.
But the people who manufactured the product lied about its fitness for purpose?!
Was some American outfit.
TheBoat
Novice

Post by TheBoat »

They falsified their flammability tests to make a profit.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I said a long time ago it would be a "shotgun" report everybody to blame rather than one individual thus in the "blame game " nobody could be sued and the victims would be left frustrated . The only winners in a public inquiry are the legal profession because all the accused point a finger at some one else thus you are throwing money into a bucket with a hole in it and the answer becomes _--- if only
x had done this, or Y had done that,

The fact is the situation was a house of cards waiting to collapse awaiting one human mistake - a cheap faulty second hand fridge catching fire -- the unforeseen but predictable human error too many and the world is full of situations like it -- dance halls - cafes, restaurants hotels anywhere a crowd of people gather and the unexpected happens.

Victims have to realise SH17 happens its not planned.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

I'm sure the victims and their families will just suck it up as sh1t happens. In a competitive marketplace you have to have standards to avoid a race to the bottom. Camerons war on red tape set the mood music to allow cowboys to get away with things they should never had.

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

jean valjean wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 10:25 pm I'm sure the victims and their families will just suck it up as sh1t happens. In a competitive marketplace you have to have standards to avoid a race to the bottom. Camerons war on red tape set the mood music to allow cowboys to get away with things they should never had.

It was Thatcher who burnt the Building Regs. Can’t blame the cladding for that.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/u ... id-cameron

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Thatcher cut building regs from 300 pages to 25.