Live Stream, Q & A Tuesday May 28

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Live Stream, Q & A Tuesday May 28

Post by Neill_M »

So the CEO is not a fan of the local media #MrIceHockey

New kit launch tomorrow / very soon it seems.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Live Stream, Q & A Tuesday May 28

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Seems as though (one of) the way(s) I give away my roots is my lack of interest in Friday night games.

The only team that played on a Friday night in my formative years were Tranmere Rovers because someone came up with the plausible but flawed idea that Liverpool and Everton fans may come and watch them.

Can’t see how they’re that convenient unless you’re a 9 to 5 merchant and live nearby either.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Whats the verdict on the event?
I thought Hugh and Ritchie spoke well and I would have confidence in them both. The financial situation appears to have been allowed to get out of control, and for that petrie has to carry the blame. Not sure how he puts any kind of a positive spin on it at his next job interview. Hopefully the Irfu see hendo as a key leader for another couple of seasons even if he is outside the central contract process. A top up as club captain might be enough to keep him in the country but he can't be knocked for seeking a final pay elsewhere.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Agreed.

Hendy was slightly more animated than normal and certainly relatively controversial for him.
earl the beaver
Novice

Post by earl the beaver »

For those of us without the time to listen what exactly did Hendy say?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Nothing we didn’t already know, in terms of it having been an unhappy camp earlier in the season, but I felt he dwelt on it for a bit longer than was necessary (if it was necessary to mention it all).

Bryn was at pains to make it clear that signings are by no means all down to him, which was probably fair enough given some of the stick he’s been getting.

Hugh was good. Professional, clear and open.

RM was humorous and generally said the right sort of things. ‘Fresh, fast and ferocious’ was the mantra for the Leinster game apparently.

Said he absolutely wouldn’t be giving the lads free rein to chuck offloads left, right and centre and pointed out how much we kicked it against Leinster (more than any other team in the URC that week I believe).

Decent evening overall, even with the seemingly obligatory moans about the kit and RP being forced to leave.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Enjoyed hugh being as scathing as a CEO can about about the press coverage of the new kit deal. He was at pains to say this was the best kit deal ulster have ever had and that the forced cut price deal story was absolute nonsense.
solidarity
Lord Chancellor

Post by solidarity »

jean valjean wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 8:18 pm Enjoyed hugh being as scathing as a CEO can about about the press coverage of the new kit deal. He was at pains to say this was the best kit deal ulster have ever had and that the forced cut price deal story was absolute nonsense.
Any pictures of the new kit yet?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

jean valjean wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 8:18 pm Enjoyed hugh being as scathing as a CEO can about about the press coverage of the new kit deal. He was at pains to say this was the best kit deal ulster have ever had and that the forced cut price deal story was absolute nonsense.
I haven’t seen an updating piece in the BT by Adam about the Castore deal but I think he was busy enough with news of Ciaran Long signing up for another year with the Giants.

There’s something from Michael Sadlier on the Munster game. Comes across as very dour on podcasts but he’s no mug.

Shame that JB left to join the Beeb because he was generally on the money but a dedicated rugby correspondent is rare enough these days in the nationals, nevermind the local rag.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Tickets now available for the Fan Forum on Thursday via your Season Ticket Account Manager.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 2:04 pm Tickets now available for the Fan Forum on Thursday via your Season Ticket Account Manager.
There will be a live stream etc for those STHs unable to attend etc.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

https://www.youtube.com/live/H6s3b7oWdtY

Tonight's stream from 7pm.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

WK was at the front door grinning like a Cheshire Cat.

Quite a character.

Looking forward to seeing him get stuck in.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Anyone learn anything?