question... for everyone...

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Re: question... for everyone...

Post by nonplussed »

It's all ballix so it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

Cornerfleg wrote:One of the others was mccomish...
Call me a cynic, but I'd rather send McComish on to get beaten up when we're not getting the result we want than to keep risking the few fit players we do have.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

What a lot of horse manure is spouted here .

A bad night wet ball and some wonder why the tactics are to try and kick for position try and put the opposition under pressure . i have already said the problem created by the Laws is that kicking is predictable in the area in which it will land and therefore easily defended by three players two on the tochlines and one in the centre standing just inside the 22. The best kick is one which is high and a metre short of the 22 which forces the defence to return kick into the field of play . the kick into the 22 provides the oprtion of the kick into touch but virtually guarentees loss of possession.

On a wet night you only play ball in hand rugby in the opposition half make a mistake in your own half and the opposition will score if you try to play a passing game look no further than the last try for the evidence of the proof of that statement . We tried it against leicester with the same result .

Our defence is still one of the best in the PRO 12 to night we were playing with Humphreys at out half or a 14 men and a liability who was the target of the day for the Scarlets.

And despite that the try they scored was a present .

The mistake was keeping Fitzpartick on the pitch and for that Doak must take the blame . Ulster must have been penalised 6 times in the scrum ( now saying that I don't think Fitzpatrick was doing that much wrong just that Doyle couldn't appreciate he was being suckered by the scarlets prop who was boring and dropping
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Why keep aprop on who has conceded 3 penalties under a ref who obviously didn't like his technic.
Regardless whether you agree with the ref or not you get him off.
I thought Bronson Ross didn't degrade our scrum when he came on and we weren't expecting any great exploits from in the loose anyway from Fitzie so why not change.
I know RP missed a penalty but I would have had him kicking earlier.
Basic decisions which should have been made.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

rumncoke wrote:
The mistake wasputting Fitzpartick on the pitch and for that Doak must take the blame . Ulster must have been penalised 6 times in the scrum
Fixed that for you there rumn :thumleft:
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Worst of all, Doak keeps picking the lily-livered, lazy, slow Cave. Sooner Payne comes back to 13, the sooner we'll start scoring a few trys from there :roll:
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Stuff Doak
... Get rum in as coach...

Give us all a much needed laugh..
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Aird wrote:Why keep aprop on who has conceded 3 penalties under a ref who obviously didn't like his technic.
Regardless whether you agree with the ref or not you get him off.
I thought Bronson Ross didn't degrade our scrum when he came on and we weren't expecting any great exploits from in the loose anyway from Fitzie so why not change.
I know RP missed a penalty but I would have had him kicking earlier.
Basic decisions which should have been made.
A blind man would have known Fitz had to come off. If Doak didn't see that then Clarke or Bell should have. Agreed whether seeing JP Doyles point of view or not he had to come off the next inevitable penalty was a yellow.

To anyone who says we were injury ravaged... ballix :banghead: We've sent lesser teams to Wales and won comfortably in previous seasons.

Defeat I can take, the manner in which we lost, not acceptable.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

rum wrote..... the kick into the 22 provides the option of the kick into touch but virtually guarentees loss of possession
Rum with vision like that you must be part of the current coaching set up.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Anscombe will be delighted not only with Ulster's lack of results but their shockingly poor performances.

Is it just the number of injuries that's to blame?

Serious question - Will Doak be feeling pressure?
The King is dead. Long live the King.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Tell you what bit-a-leg it's not vision just common sense that players try to kick short if they are not inside their 22s . Thus in my book the law changes whilst made with the best of intentions have now made the kicking game too predictable . Which of course goes hand in hand with the fact the flat across the field drift defence makes a running game inside your own half a virtual non starter .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cockatrice wrote:
rum wrote..... the kick into the 22 provides the option of the kick into touch but virtually guarentees loss of possession
Rum with vision like that you must be part of the current coaching set up.
Doak and rum'n'coke.... what a combo, I can hear the chants on the terrace already

Oh doakey cokey
Oh doakey cokey
Oh doakey cokey

You put Payne in,
Take Cave out,
In out, in out.
shake it all about...
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Doak still wouldn't concede that we are out. What a chump. He is basically suffering from Moyes syndrome. Players no respect for him. Depressing that we are more or less stuck with these players for next season too. We were signing world class players in previous seasons but our latest imports aren't even international class. Ludik and VDM are solid honest players but that is it. Ludik no threat at all with ball in hand. Herbst I think is another potential Botha ... decent in the scrum but offers nothing else. We really fked up our chance with the golden squad we had for a couple of years there. Can't blame injuries tonight Scarlets were atrocious and we still couldn't beat them.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

HammerTime wrote:Doak still wouldn't concede that we are out.
Seriously?! :lol:
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Simple Simon
Novice

Post by Simple Simon »

bring back matt williams!!! :stir: