AIL FIXTURES

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

gannonman
Steward

Re: AIL FIXTURES

Post by gannonman »

This rain at the moment could mean very low scoring games.
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

We beat UCD 35-13 with a bonus point. A fantastic second half. We played some superb rugby with ball in hand. Cochrane, Duhig and the backrow superb with O'Shea playing well when he came on but it was Peter Nelson who stole the show. Bar a few missed kicks he was outstanding. Very happy with the performance apart from some missed tackles. McKenzie was also brilliant. Also there was rolling subs for the first time and i never noticed the difference.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rainey 39 Ards 3
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Good results for Ulster clubs Today, big win for Hinch down in Galway especially playing 60 minutes with 14 men. What position was Nelson playing gannonman? That's a good win against UCD. QUB had a derby victory over Inst, Bann also won and harlequins sneaked home as well, Ballymena had a hard fought win in awful conditions in Cork.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Good result for Hinch :salut:
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Nelson was playing fullback and Christopher Farrell was on the wing with Cochrane. Forced by Ulster i think so poor Michael Lawton had to play for the seconds.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Queens 28 - 21 Inst
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

gannonman wrote:Nelson was playing fullback and Christopher Farrell was on the wing with Cochrane. Forced by Ulster i think so poor Michael Lawton had to play for the seconds.

Young Nelson is the future Ulster 15. Bags of natural talent. Can play very well in any position in the backline (apart from 9)
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Without getting arrogant i am extremely impressed with our side and for the first time since we won the league i really think we can push for promotion. We scored 4 magnificent tries that any side would proud of and when will Mcl start to recognise ghosty! Hardly ever has a bad game. Great day for Ulster sides. Lets keep it going!
Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

gannonman wrote:Without getting arrogant i am extremely impressed with our side and for the first time since we won the league i really think we can push for promotion. We scored 4 magnificent tries that any side would proud of and when will Mcl start to recognise ghosty! Hardly ever has a bad game. Great day for Ulster sides. Lets keep it going!
Seems like the d boys have a good squad this year-- does the pack match the obvious talent in the backline?
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

YoungMan wrote:
cjp wrote:Good results for Ulster clubs Today, big win for Hinch down in Galway especially playing 60 minutes with 14 men. What position was Nelson playing gannonman? That's a good win against UCD. QUB had a derby victory over Inst, Bann also won and harlequins sneaked home as well, Ballymena had a hard fought win in awful conditions in Cork.
Why did hinch play with 14 men?
Had their new out half sent off for stamping according to the irfu report
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Jockster wrote:
gannonman wrote:Without getting arrogant i am extremely impressed with our side and for the first time since we won the league i really think we can push for promotion. We scored 4 magnificent tries that any side would proud of and when will Mcl start to recognise ghosty! Hardly ever has a bad game. Great day for Ulster sides. Lets keep it going!
Seems like the d boys have a good squad this year-- does the pack match the obvious talent in the backline?
It's quite hard to say. Mark Jenkinson is our captain this year and he seems to be a good leader. The pack are excellent in the loose and make a lot of ground and work very hard however our set piece can be quite dodgy. The lineout was and has been poor for a while and that needs to be sorted. The scrum was good yesterday but I worry that we will meet bigger and better packs and struggle. It happened last year against Bruff in The All Ireland Cup final and even though we had the better backs we lost and never should have won because our scrum and lineout went to pieces. Having said that everything else is very good. Young Spence played superbly and I can't speak highly enough of Cochrane. McLaughlin needs to give him a chance. He did it with both Gilroy and Gaston so why not Chris?
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Think I will go and spy on our opposition this weekend. Harlequins v Hinch
cheese
Initiate

Post by cheese »

i'm going for a quins win. Hinch seem to be missing key personnell
Tighty
Initiate

Post by Tighty »

cheese wrote:i'm going for a quins win. Hinch seem to be missing key personnell

who?

NZ out half available.