Steward

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by promsandwich »

Is there no chance that we can sign someone who:

a. Isn't past it
b. Isn't here for a pension
c. Might actually improve the team
d. Won't leave in a year having achieved nothing
e. Performs for the shirt as opposed to flattering to deceive.

Muller has a few years left, but as good as Rush is, how long is he gonna do a job for us?

Why are we not keeping Ed?

Can Humph/BMcL not see what everyone else can ie. that we desperately need a scrum half/fly half/full back - and not some second rate has been!!??

Please god Humph has a big hat from which he is going to produce some mighty fine rabbits in the next 2 weeks otherwise I fear that there will be a number of season tickets not renewed. If we don't get any high quality signings we will be lucky to be ahead of Connacht at this time next year?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Red Hand Hero wrote:The performance of our own Marshall might have put a spanner in the works if deals are not already in place. It was genuinely his best performance in an Ulster shirt though at this stage is probably not enough to save his contract if we have indeed signed someone else, best thing he could do is get across to ND1 in England and try and get some regular game time at a higher level than he currently is at present.

Well though I think Marshall played on Friday night (agree it was his best game in an ulster shirt) I'd be really concerned if other potential avenues for a quality scrum half were suddenly being halted on the back of 1 decent performance by Marshall. Same applies at 10 and 15.
Harold7
Warrior

Post by Harold7 »

Red Hand Hero wrote:The performance of our own Marshall might have put a spanner in the works if deals are not already in place. It was genuinely his best performance in an Ulster shirt though at this stage is probably not enough to save his contract if we have indeed signed someone else, best thing he could do is get across to ND1 in England and try and get some regular game time at a higher level than he currently is at present.
Obviously money is the big issue but why not keep Marshall anyway? If Pienaar does sign he might not arrive until the end of the Currie Cup plus Willis and Porter will be returning from reasonably long term injuries there could yet be room for Marshall.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Spoke to Marshall about a year ago and he told me that if he didn't make the grade and establish himself with Ulster, he'd prefer to move into another line of work, as he couldn't see himself playing for anyone but Ulster.

Whether he still has the same ideas a year on is debatable.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

Quade Cooper to leave the Reds
Great player, having a stonking season.
We should sign him.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

Hopefully he won't sign for the Saints with all those fancy laptops sitting around the place (according to Mr Best)

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union ... -kcs3.html
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Has his burglary charge ever been sorted or is it still live?
If he has a criminal record would he be allowed to come here or would it just be payback?
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

He has been passed to play by super14/players union/ARU - had some counselling etc
A trial (burglary charges) is still to follow in July.

Granted you'd expect him to show some loyalty to the Reds and to Aussie rugger, but he's out of contract, and only getting a bit part role in the Wallabies. He would be a great signing - a real show of intent by UR.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Snipe Watson wrote:Has his burglary charge ever been sorted or is it still live?
If he has a criminal record would he be allowed to come here or would it just be payback?
Never mind rugby, if he gets here sharpish he might get himself elected :duck:
Ulster throw in
Initiate

Post by Ulster throw in »

Does anyone actually know anything about transfers happening? :shaking: :rambo:
"If Eddie O'Sullivan had retreated to the Führerbunker, World War 2 would still be going on." Mr. G. Hook
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

yup, i know neil best is off to Wuss and will be playing ND1 rugby...chuffing marvellous!
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Cooper will not leave Australia before the world cup, he would only move to the Rebels or Force probably as the Brumbies and 'Tahs are sorted with young 10's. Can't see him leaving the reds though, him and Genia have the potential to be the next Larkham and Gregan, club and country half backs for the next decade.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

cjp wrote:Cooper will not leave Australia before the world cup, he would only move to the Rebels or Force probably as the Brumbies and 'Tahs are sorted with young 10's. Can't see him leaving the reds though, him and Genia have the potential to be the next Larkham and Gregan, club and country half backs for the next decade.
Genia and Cooper are the form halfbacks in world rugby. Outstanding players
chunky
Novice

Post by chunky »

absolutely no way Cooper will come to Ulster. He'll either stay at the Reds or go to the Force on a huge deal that will be funded by a 3rd party businessman.
theCloudSpotter
Initiate

Post by theCloudSpotter »