TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

SUFTUM_19
Novice

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

Video of the interim CEO on YouTube confirming “we’ve 7 players going at the end of this season and 2 retirements”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypke3Z6wt ... VyIHJ1Z2J5
(7:28)

Unsure whether the other retirement is Angus Curtis who retired mid season. If not, there is one more to retire alongside Luke.

The 7 look to be Kitshoff and Burns (confirmed)
+ 5 of O’Sullivan, French, O’Connor, Jones, Ewers, Shanahan and Addison.
Saunderson, McCormick, Crothers, Humphreys and Carson are all on development/academy deals due to expire at the end of the season, not sure if they’re counted in the total.
I doubt Ben Griffin and Greg McGrath who departed mid season are part of the 7.

Any guesses on who the other 5 are? my guess is French, Jones, Ewers, Shanahan and Addison, and O’Connor potentially retiring.

Would be mad to let go of EOS and Kitshoff with no replacement.
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

justinr73 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:13 pm
SUFTUM_19 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:25 pm https://all.rugby/player/francois-van-wyk

Leaving Leicester at the end of the season. South African born Loosehead who wouldn’t be too big budget. wouldn’t be guaranteed starter, but could provide competition and depth. He also started at 6 once a few seasons back apparently 😂
This lad has now signed for Bath.

We are looking a tad short of props for next year as things stands….
Saw that - Bath are stacked for next season, especially in the pack, they could’ve just let us have him!
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

I believe Shanahan got a one year deal for next season. Leaving us with five senior scrum halves if you include Doak as a 9.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Who are the 5?

Cooney
Doak
Shanahan
McDonald

???
earl the beaver
Novice

Post by earl the beaver »

Big-al wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:41 pm Who are the 5?

Cooney
Doak
Shanahan
McDonald

???
McKee
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Al has another year on his contract, is 31 and is playing tomorrow.

Marty doesn’t, is 33 and isn’t.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

I thought Ewers was in a 2yr deal.

Interesting that we are gonna operate with Doak and Flannery at 10 next season, absolutely damning.
Strap yourselves in it’s gonna be a bumpy ride for a good few yrs.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

kingofthehill wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:30 pm
Big-al wrote:Read that the Bel Tel quoting victor matfield by saying Pienaar could come to Ulster in a coaching capacity.
Kicking/skills coach at Leinster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's still get a game for us :lol:

Looked great for Cheetahs against Montpellier.

And if theres truth in Cruden rumour I'd prefer Pienaar.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7p7qKt6AT ... VyIHJ1Z2J5

18:50 in.

Appears we did approach Cruden. Between this and a non commital answer from the new CEO in the interview with Trimble.
I take 3 things from them:

1 - we are sniffing around for a 10 for next season
2 - painfully obvious no one within Ire wants to move to UR, and be a starting 10.
3 - if we can’t get 1, give the 2 lads leeway….they’ll be learning on the job.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Dharper wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7p7qKt6AT ... VyIHJ1Z2J5

Appears we did approach Cruden. Between this and a non commital answer from the new CEO in the interview with Trimble.

2 - painfully obvious no one within Ire wants to move to UR, and be a starting 10.
Cruden is not coming.

We might now need another centre.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
horslips
Novice

Post by horslips »

So Stu's had enough then King?
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

I’ll happily say it.
If we are effectively going to be playing a side heavily filled with pups, so be it.
It’ll likely be the closest thing to a home grown UR side for yrs.
Non CC qualified, ok….a yr in the challenge cup with pups might not be a bad thing for their development. I don’t know re participation money, but would it really hit attendance? Personally I doubt it. A home grown team of pups might just be enough to stop some fans apathy to the shitshow that is UR. The non rugby crowd really won’t know better, and actually there’s some good teams in it.

I’ll happily keep Murphy. He knows the pups, he will hopefully develop them. He’s hungry, and also hope now DH is sat in the chair - we may get some assistance as he’ll have his hands full. That fact Murphy is in place is already 1 thing less to deal with.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

From 42 dot ie

LEINSTER LOOSEHEAD PROPS Michael Milne and Jack Boyle look set to stay with the province into next season despite being linked with moves away.

It’s believed that 25-year-old Milne and 22-year-old Boyle have attracted strong interest from other provinces but as things stand, both looseheads are set to keep playing with Leinster beyond the summer.

Birr man Milne has made 37 appearances for Leinster and though he is thought to have been on Munster and Connacht’s radar, he is set to stay put.

Ex-Ireland U20s Grand Slam winner Boyle has made 11 senior appearances. It’s believed that Munster and Ulster are showing interest but Leinster are keen to retain Boyle, who they regard as a big prospect, and it’s understood his contract covers next season.

However, Leinster are set to bid farewell to one of their current loosehead props, with 30-year-old Ed Byrne expected to leave at the end of this campaign.

The six-times capped Ireland international has been linked with Ulster, who have been looking for a signing at loosehead with Steven Kitshoff returning to South Africa and Eric O’Sullivan also possibly moving on. Munster have been assessing loosehead options with 35-year-old David Kilcoyne out of contract at the end of this season. It’s understood Munster have not been given IRFU approval to sign a non-Irish-qualified loosehead.

Byrne, who is a centurion for Leinster, has also attracted interest from the English Premiership.

Meanwhile, it’s understood that current Leinster academy tighthead prop Temi Lasisi will make a move to Connacht next season.

The 22-year-old Wexford man has made two senior appearances for Leo Cullen’s side but is set to continue his career with the western province after being overlooked for a senior deal in Leinster.

Lasisi’s fellow Leinster academy player, scrum-half Ben Murphy, could join him in moving to Connacht ahead of next season.

23-year-old Murphy has made 12 senior appearances for his native Leinster but is expected to switch provinces for the start of the 2024/25 season.

His younger brother, current Ireland U20s out-half Jack Murphy, is set to join Ulster this summer.

Like his older brother, Jack came through the Leinster underage pipeline, playing for Seapoint and Presentation College, Bray, but he is in line to link up with the northern province as he looks to build on his form for the Ireland U20s. Murphy’s father, Richie, is the current Ulster interim head coach.

Murphy may not be the only product of the Leinster pipeline making the move north, with fellow Ireland U20 caps Wilhelm de Klerk and Sam Berman, both centres, also expected to join Ulster ahead of next season.

Chris Cosgrave, the versatile outside back, is another man who may leave Leinster this summer after completing his time with the academy.

The 22-year-old has made seven senior appearances for Leinster, with five starts at fullback, but looks set to move on ahead of next season. Cosgrave has caught the eye of at least one other Irish province but there is also understood to be interest in him from abroad.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

kingofthehill wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:47 am
Dharper wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7p7qKt6AT ... VyIHJ1Z2J5

Cruden is not coming.

We might now need another centre.

We should be scrapping the role of an ‘operations director’ (Cunningham) altogether.

He has been a total disaster.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Dharper wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:24 am I’ll happily say it.
If we are effectively going to be playing a side heavily filled with pups, so be it.
It’ll likely be the closest thing to a home grown UR side for yrs.
Non CC qualified, ok….a yr in the challenge cup with pups might not be a bad thing for their development. I don’t know re participation money, but would it really hit attendance? Personally I doubt it. A home grown team of pups might just be enough to stop some fans apathy to the shitshow that is UR. The non rugby crowd really won’t know better, and actually there’s some good teams in it.

I’ll happily keep Murphy. He knows the pups, he will hopefully develop them. He’s hungry, and also hope now DH is sat in the chair - we may get some assistance as he’ll have his hands full. That fact Murphy is in place is already 1 thing less to deal with.
With our new CEO knowing more about our he local club and development structures than Cunningham, then I think we need to say farewell to Bryn.

He says he is in charge of re-signing contracts and squad development. Everything hing he touches turns to 💩