TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by nonplussed »

Frans Ludeke now being reported on PR... would be one helluva coup and would put a rocket up some of our boys
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Sorley Boy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:17 am Surely experience as a head coach of a senior club is the must? We need a steady hand over next couple of years as these young lads get integrated in to the team. Which is why I'd have serious doubts over Murphy or someone like Payne.

Personally I'd rather have an entirely new coaching ticket (or as many as possible) running their eye over that squad and picking based on merit and how lads are training.
Agreed. I don’t understand why anyone would rule out Payne for lack of experience yet back Murphy.

Noticed that Jackman said this week that if it’s not Murphy then it’ll be someone else.

Not exactly conclusive wording but possibly indicative of the fact that Murphy is not as nailed on as some seem to think.
chunky
Novice

Post by chunky »

He's very experienced and successful in both Super Rugby with the Bulls and Kubota in Japan

https://www.planetrugby.com/news/ulster ... nd-report
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Maybe he’ll bring Ruan Pienaar over with him.
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

Seems a reasonable appointment if true.

Needs to be given a long runway for the rebuild though, to clear out the stench of medicority in the organisation.

I'm glad money is being thrown at coaches rather than players at this point, as the otherway around would be putting the cart before the horse imo.

Just need attack, defence, skills and forwards coaches now.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Rugbypass saying Murphy is/was holding out for a longer deal than the one year offered.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

So It Is wrote:Seems a reasonable appointment if true.

Needs to be given a long runway for the rebuild though, to clear out the stench of medicority in the organisation.

I'm glad money is being thrown at coaches rather than players at this point, as the otherway around would be putting the cart before the horse imo.

It’s not happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

kingofthehill wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:31 pm

It’s not happening.

With the SA coach?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Big-al wrote:

It’s not happening.

With the SA coach?
Yes, not happening.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

kingofthehill wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:42 pm
Big-al wrote:

It’s not happening.

With the SA coach?
Yes, not happening.

Murphy getting the head coaching gig then? So the Saffer guy is not arriving in any role etc?
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

we’ll be keeping the same rubbish coaches as we have this past two seasons.

Not one back has improved since Soper has taken the attack coaching role, most of them have regressed.

Next season won’t be any different.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Dharper wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7p7qKt6AT ... VyIHJ1Z2J5

18:50 in.

Appears we did approach Cruden. Between this and a non commital answer from the new CEO in the interview with Trimble.
I take 3 things from them:

1 - we are sniffing around for a 10 for next season
2 - painfully obvious no one within Ire wants to move to UR, and be a starting 10.
3 - if we can’t get 1, give the 2 lads leeway….they’ll be learning on the job.
Genuinely shocking that we would have ever conceived for a second of signing Cruden. An absolute embarrassment
..one more thing
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Give Murphy the job for three years. Who says the south african would be any better ? Bryn ?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
earl the beaver
Novice

Post by earl the beaver »

Setanta wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:19 pm Give Murphy the job for three years. Who says the south african would be any better ? Bryn ?
I think we looked worse last weekend than under Dan despite scraping the win. Murphy is all laughs and smiles but I'm yet to see any real improvement on the pitch plus he's made some poor selections (Jones on the bench ahead of a youngster for example, AOC being a fixture on current form, EOS ahead of Warwick to start)
earl the beaver
Novice

Post by earl the beaver »

Columbo wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:26 pm
Dharper wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7p7qKt6AT ... VyIHJ1Z2J5

18:50 in.

Appears we did approach Cruden. Between this and a non commital answer from the new CEO in the interview with Trimble.
I take 3 things from them:

1 - we are sniffing around for a 10 for next season
2 - painfully obvious no one within Ire wants to move to UR, and be a starting 10.
3 - if we can’t get 1, give the 2 lads leeway….they’ll be learning on the job.
Genuinely shocking that we would have ever conceived for a second of signing Cruden. An absolute embarrassment
I would have thought approaching Leali'ifano would make more sense, at least he's still playing SR.