New Signing - Werner Kok

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

bangorboy
Steward

New Signing - Werner Kok

Post by bangorboy »

We often complain - and rightly so - that Ulster need a bit of niggle and aggression. Kok is a fierce player. Centre or wing - hopefully he brings a bit of dog to the team.
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: New Signing - Werner Kok

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Will we notice another Kok in the team, etc etc? >flog

Maybe this will be the kick up the arris RB and JS need
Exterminate all rational thought
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

A bit of dog? As in hotdog? As in the local sausage market. These guys have a one track mind.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:47 pm Will we notice another Kok in the team, etc etc? >flog

Maybe this will be the kick up the arris RB and JS need
Kok up the arris?

Might as well get all these out of the way before he arrives
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:55 pm A bit of dog? As in hotdog? As in the local sausage market. These guys have a one track mind.
He's thinking of branching out in a different direction - possibly not wan for the teenagers. but "Werner's Taxis" anyone?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Totally agree. Love a bit of aggression. Prefer him when he gets hard. Way more effective.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Nice and aggressive. 100% makes most of the talent he’s got, which I think will be good for training standards. He’s a good signing for me, as long as he can stay fit.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

14 games as a winger with four tries to his name last season… is this because our own Irish winger has declared for the sevens
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Cockatrice wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:33 am 14 games as a winger with four tries to his name last season… is this because our own Irish winger has declared for the sevens
Baloucoune is available for selection, just not picked. If he is trying for Paris etc, making a late run. Only 3 events left Hong Kong, Singapore and Madrid in the 7s circuit before the Olympics.

Dupont played and starred in Vancouver and LA events.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Cockatrice wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:33 am 14 games as a winger with four tries to his name last season… is this because our own Irish winger has declared for the sevens
Actually 7 in 17.

Where do people get their stats from on here? Please try all.rugby

In more up to date news, our own Irish winger has scored once this season, as opposed to Kok’s 5 for the Shits, I mean the Sharks.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:01 am
Actually 7 in 17.

Where do people get their stats from on here? Please try all.rugby

In more up to date news, our own Irish winger has scored once this season, as opposed to Kok’s 5 for the Shits, I mean the Sharks.
All dot rugby is the go to stats site.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Stats aside, one could argue that Kok is the living embodiment of our new ‘three pillars’ of energy, enjoyment and competitiveness.

He never stops, has had a bit of craic with East Terrace and knew he’d have to be the fittest bloke in the squad to make up for being a short Brennan.

Would you want your winger to be nicknamed Tarzan or The Cat?

Is Bobby called The Cat because of his stealth and feline grace or because he sleeps 18 hours a day including, this season, 1935 to 2115 on a Friday evening?

I’d like to see a bit of fire in Bobby’s belly over the next few months.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Good signing. In previous years would have been against signing a back. Potential to be another Nick Williams type hero.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:01 am Stats aside, one could argue that Kok is the living embodiment of our new ‘three pillars’ of energy, enjoyment and competitiveness.

He never stops, has had a bit of craic with East Terrace and knew he’d have to be the fittest bloke in the squad to make up for being a short Brennan.

Is Bobby called The Cat because of his stealth and feline grace or because he sleeps 18 hours a day including, this season, 1935 to 2115 on a Friday evening?

I don't think "Tarzan" is PC these days.

You never see him on the telly any more :(
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

justinr73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:01 am Stats aside, one could argue that Kok is the living embodiment of our new ‘three pillars’ of energy, enjoyment and competitiveness.

I'd want to see him regain his confidence, and to that end, perhaps play him against Cardiff at home (if considered fit) and take it from there.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right