Football at Ravenhill?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Alec Adoo MBE_
Novice

Re: Football at Ravenhill?

Post by Alec Adoo MBE_ »

The residents of the Onslow, Ravenhill and Mt Merrion areas can breathe a sigh of relief as the game will not be played at Ravers.
I would have been very much against such a game being played however UR have lost a significant additional income stream as they were bound to have cashed in by introducing new outlets around the ground like spray tanning booths a Buckfast stall and a Tattoo parlour!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Cockatrice wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:49 pm I think the post originated from a supporters blog and may have been a bit of stirring... my understanding was the stadium is not suitable as football requires segregated ends etc through turnstiles etc that are disconnected as such. The stadium is open to all events now including concerns etc and they have played an All Ireland American Football Final there albeit the teams were bigger than the support.

Lets not forget before rugby GAA was played there according to Walter Mitty anyhow.
Baseball has also been played at the stadium.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Alec Adoo MBE_ wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:14 pm The residents of the Onslow, Ravenhill and Mt Merrion areas can breathe a sigh of relief as the game will not be played at Ravers.
I would have been very much against such a game being played however UR have lost a significant additional income stream as they were bound to have cashed in by introducing new outlets around the ground like spray tanning booths a Buckfast stall and a Tattoo parlour!
Enjoy your footy then Alec?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Alec Adoo MBE_ wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:14 pm The residents of the Onslow, Ravenhill and Mt Merrion areas can breathe a sigh of relief as the game will not be played at Ravers.
Long time no hear Alec.

How are the Mount Merrions these days? Giving you less grief than the lovely Audrey I trust.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Alec Adoo MBE_
Novice

Post by Alec Adoo MBE_ »

big mervyn wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:33 pm
Long time no hear Alec.

How are the Mount Merrions these days? Giving you less grief than the lovely Audrey I trust.
I hope all is well with you Merv?

I had the the old Mount Merrion Turnstiles removed about 4 years ago. I was on a NHS waiting list for about 5 years and then decided to go private. Audrey was getting her buck teeth removed by a dentist in Budapest and he did my Mount Merrions on the same day.

I have them in a big bottle on the fireplace at Adoo Towers, if you want I can send you a picture?
Last edited by Alec Adoo MBE_ on Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Cockatrice wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:04 pm
To be fair though the atmosphere at Windsor is 10 times better..
Has been since the new stadium (the Ravenhill one, that is) was built. Windsor is a mile better but to, be honest, the Windsor Park atmosphere isn't what it used to be either.