Ulster v Racing 92 Saturday 8pm KO TNT Sports 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Racing 92 Saturday 8pm KO TNT Sports 3

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:49 am Re the poor lineout early in the match, note that DF took personal responsibility for the functioning of the lineout during his post match interview. Said he got that wrong, but when he corrected that, the lineout functioned well.

Dunno how much of that was a coach taking pressure off his players (not something DF has been good at in the recent past, but it's what ogod coaches do), or if it was actually true, but the lineout did function much better after RH returned from his HIA, by which time DF could have made some changes in tactics. I'm not qulaified to comment on the whole thrower/lifter/catcher co-ordination, but maybe he did get something right.

Strange though that it has been misfiring a lot over the season to date, yet if he was able to fix it during that match, you'd think he could have fixed it much earlier in the season.
Maybe Nigel Brady had a word with Rob
Last edited by CIMANFOREVER on Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exterminate all rational thought
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlxMLoyAKfg&t=36s
Have a look at the opening titles.
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:04 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlxMLoyAKfg&t=36s
Have a look at the opening titles.
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Full match here if anybody is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/live/uO37AvUGGW ... DRxaeOYn8f
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:56 am
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:49 am Re the poor lineout early in the match, note that DF took personal responsibility for the functioning of the lineout during his post match interview. Said he got that wrong, but when he corrected that, the lineout functioned well.

Dunno how much of that was a coach taking pressure off his players (not something DF has been good at in the recent past, but it's what ogod coaches do), or if it was actually true, but the lineout did function much better after RH returned from his HIA, by which time DF could have made some changes in tactics. I'm not qulaified to comment on the whole thrower/lifter/catcher co-ordination, but maybe he did get something right.

Strange though that it has been misfiring a lot over the season to date, yet if he was able to fix it during that match, you'd think he could have fixed it much earlier in the season.
True - either his own thoughts, or passed on from above.

Something wee Dave Shanners on water duty or even the medical staff during the HIA could have done?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:38 pm

Something wee Dave Shanners on water duty or even the medical staff during the HIA could have done?
Young David was having quite an intense touchline discussion with Rob at one point
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:47 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:38 pm

Young David was having quite an intense touchline discussion with Rob at one point
He was . . .
I'm not arguing -
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

Thanks for the you tube link BM appreciated
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

volvo wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:55 am Thanks for the you tube link BM appreciated
:thumright:

Interestingly, a search on "Ulster v Racing 92" returned nothing but "Racing 92 v Ulster" did.
Probably a deliberate attempt to fool the YouTube police
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:41 am
volvo wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:55 am Thanks for the you tube link BM appreciated

Interestingly, a search on "Ulster v Racing 92" returned nothing but "Racing 92 v Ulster" did.
SHHHOOOOOOOSH!!!

I'm not arguing -
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:55 pm

SHHHOOOOOOOSH!!!

Surely you're not suggesting 5th columnists in the UAFC ? :shock:
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:09 pm

SHHHOOOOOOOSH!!!

Surely you're not suggesting 5th columnists in the UAFC ? :shock:
Don't have to be in UAFC to see wot's written on it. :shock:

Thankfully, there's one redeeming feature - no one pays much attention to wot's writ here as it's usually a loada tosh.
I'm not arguing -
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

SHHHOOOOOOOSH!!!

Some come aboard for a pleasure trip