Ulster v Racing 92 Saturday 8pm KO TNT Sports 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Racing 92 Saturday 8pm KO TNT Sports 3

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

How did Cooney not get MOM? :scratch: :salut:

Racing phoned it in, including Kolisi and their galacticos apart from Fickou. Very poor. Only played when they sniffed a BP.Their 9 and 15 were their best players.
Exterminate all rational thought
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Pick and go has replaced the maul as our not very secret weapon
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:53 pm How did Cooney not get MOM? :scratch: :salut:

Racing phoned it in, including Kolisi and their galacticos apart from Fickou. Very poor. Only played when they sniffed a BP.Their 9 and 15 were their best players.
Because McCloskey was better.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

solidarity wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:50 pm :red: Matty Rea is worth his weight in Tayto Cheese and Onion
:scratch:
Matty Rea is made of Tayto cheese 'n' onion

He's exactly his weight in Tayto Cheese 'n' onion.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Not sure it was all due to Racing not turning up. We really turned up and were in their faces when they attacked. Having said that, they did find spaces and we had to make too many last ditch tackles... but we did make them.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Big-al wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:02 am
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:53 pm How did Cooney not get MOM? :scratch: :salut:

Cooney was excellent, as was James Hume. Timoney and Kitsoff both very good too.

As with any win like that, everyone did their jobs very well, a few glitches aside.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Have we ever played well when Big Stu hasn’t?

Bit of invention five yards out too.

Same again against Connacht please.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Big-al wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:02 am

Good not better Al
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

solidarity wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:06 am Not sure it was all due to Racing not turning up. We really turned up and were in their faces when they attacked. Having said that, they did find spaces and we had to make too many last ditch tackles... but we did make them.
Their big names were very quiet Solidarity. We played well with some exceptions, but Racing weren't at the races, pardon the pun. Imo they'd checked out after the home Quins loss
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

see my comments on the Bath game--- different ref different result

if a referee is looking for penalties he 'll find an offence -- which is why so many penalties are awarded inside the 5 yard line

Ulster won but was it a great win not many breaks by the backs basically a win earned by way of defence and some sloppy play by Racing

I like a win but its not a new dawn --the back row and 10 have yet to be resolved to many passes to wings are flat and the wing is not at pace

watch the Leinster game and how Sale passed to the wings at speed whole different ball game
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Checked out why?

They got two points last week and will have to let Cardiff beat them in Paris to avoid ending up in the Challenge Cup.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:That's a big call to send on Jake Flannery this early unless Buns is actually hurt - as in not just limping around holding a shoulder
Has to be a 'big call' or else Billy won't hear, above the Ravenhill roar, that he is being subbed off.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

rumncoke wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:32 am see my comments on the Bath game--- different ref different result

if a referee is looking for penalties he 'll find an offence -- which is why so many penalties are awarded inside the 5 yard line

Ulster won but was it a great win not many breaks by the backs basically a win earned by way of defence and some sloppy play by Racing

I like a win but its not a new dawn --the back row and 10 have yet to be resolved to many passes to wings are flat and the wing is not at pace

watch the Leinster game and how Sale passed to the wings at speed whole different ball game
Seemed to me like we had more breaks from the backs than the rest of the season combined.
Tel
Novice

Post by Tel »

I have now seen this game twice. How we won surprises me . Racing were very fluent at stages . I was talking to a few of them afterwards and they found the referees interpretations a little puzzling. Still we mustn’t gripe .
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

He was only on for about 40 minutes in total, but though Rob Herring put in an incredible shift in the loose. Last year I was expecting Stewart to be first choice by now, but Herring has found another level.