Ulster v Lions

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Lions

Post by justinr73 »

The half-time kids certainly got the biggest crowd reception and, one could argue, deservedly.

On the other hand, I don’t buy into the team need to enthuse the crowd theory.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

And speaking of kids, using the last two matchday squads, games we've won we could field this team

Callum Reid, Tom Stewart, Scott Wilson, Harry Sheridan, Cormac Izuchukwu, Lorcan McLoughlin, Reuban Crothers, David McCann

Nathan Doak, Jake Flannery, Ethan McIlroy, Jude Postletwaite, James Hume, Bobby Baloucoune, Stewart Moore

Anyone want to hazzard an average age?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

22?
Exterminate all rational thought
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Hans Indaruck wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:16 pm
big mervyn wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:05 pm That Lions team were tiny. Would have liked to have seen Lowry getting a run at them.

While we're on the subject, the wee girl? In the pink bobble hat playing for the minis at the Aquinas end must be the smallest player ever to play at Ravers.The half-time entertainment was particularly good this week >appl
Agreed - it was great for them - they will carry the memories forever! The ball was nearly bigger than the wee lassie you refer to!! Lovely to watch and brightened up an otherwise bleak time!!
Well she'll look at it on Monday, take the learnings, and move on, I hope....
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:08 am23
:salut:

And nearly all.Ulster born. One bright point.
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Awful weather, awful game, plain daft decision at end not to opt for another scrum rather than tap a ball in such weather, and would someone please buy Jacob a pair of Velcro gloves ffs, moving on….
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Marco wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:58 am Awful weather, awful game, plain daft decision at end not to opt for another scrum rather than tap a ball in such weather, and would someone please buy Jacob a pair of Velcro gloves ffs, moving on….
You’d think after the attempts by Zebre and Munster that the tap would have been ruled out - to compound the decision by giving up successive pens was nearly very costly!
Last edited by justinr73 on Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:11 am

I was only guessing but No9 hasn’t corrected me (yet)!

Predictably, last night’s fare has already prompted calls in some quarters for fresh coaches 🙄

Shame Wilson didn’t end up under the posts in front of the Family Stand - he’s no slouch by any means.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Hans Indaruck wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:16 pm
big mervyn wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:05 pm That Lions team were tiny. Would have liked to have seen Lowry getting a run at them.

While we're on the subject, the wee girl? In the pink bobble hat playing for the minis at the Aquinas end must be the smallest player ever to play at Ravers.The half-time entertainment was particularly good this week >appl
Agreed - it was great for them - they will carry the memories forever! The ball was nearly bigger than the wee lassie you refer to!! Lovely to watch and brightened up an otherwise bleak time!!
Thon wee lassie's bobble hat was almost as big as her. She really stole the show though. Star of the night.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:40 pm The half-time kids certainly got the biggest crowd reception and, one could argue, deservedly.

On the other hand, I don’t buy into the team need to enthuse the crowd theory.
Nor do I. AGAIN atmosphere was poor until the team did something to waken them up, or ref gave us something to feel agrieved about - wrongly as it happened - he was correct, but it got the crowd going anyway.

Too many feeling "I've paid my entrance fee and I'm waiting to be entertained", which theoretically they are entitled to, but I'd much rather far more people were thinking, "I've paid my money to support Ulster, and now I'm gonna add my voice to that!.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:33 am
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:11 am

I was only guessing but No9 hasn’t corrected me (yet)!

Predictably, last night’s fare has already prompted calls in some quarters for fresh coaches 🙄

Shame Wilson didn’t end up under the posts in front of the Family Stand - he’s no slouch by any means.
From the memorial end it looked as if the wet surface and his not inconsiderable mass x velocity would be enough from there, but alas no. Would have been the try of the season so far.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

I see ginger pubes has just arrived this morning.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

HammerTime wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:16 pm I see ginger pubes has just arrived this morning.
The ginger kid from MAD comic. Long may he run....
Evil Kiwi
Novice

Post by Evil Kiwi »

Overall not a good performance. Some bright points though. Scott Wilson looks to be a potential find. Imagine producing your own prop! It could save years of signing plastic paddy duds. McCann again continues to impress. With Marty returning and Kitshoff soon, I think we have a fairly good scrummaging unit. The maul looked better but the lineout is a joke. Herring needs to unlearn the dubious lineout coaching from international camp.

I thought Flanney was decent again, a real alternative to Billy now. Hume looks to have his spark back after a flat year. Jacob getting his scoring touch back too.

Room to improve: lineouts, breakdown threat (Kitshoff will help), handling, getting Baloucoune involved (passing off the left sometimes an issue in the backline), the maul (it will improve as the pitch beds, it's ripping studs out ATM), etc...