Ulster v Vodacom Bulls Sunday October 29th 17:00 - Viaplay Sports / BBC Two NI (also iPlayer) / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster v Vodacom Bulls Sunday October 29th 17:00 - Viaplay Sports / BBC Two NI (also iPlayer) / Super Sport

Post by mid ulster maestro »

One thing I will say about the plastic pitch. It will very quickly pay for itself with the savings made on the laundry bills.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Re: Ulster v Vodacom Bulls Sunday October 29th 17:00 - Viaplay Sports / BBC Two NI (also iPlayer) / Super Sport

Post by MightyRearranger »

justinr73 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:27 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:11 pm
big mervyn wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:26 pm Hume's kicking was excellent yesterday.
I may be mistaken, but was it not Jude Postlethwaite who made the monster clearances from our 22 well into their half. One was nearly a 22-22 rather than a 50-22.

Or do you refer to Hume's wee kicks in midfield?
I thought it was Hume too. Pretty sure the kicker had a bandage round their noggin.

Must have been quite the warmup for Hume to need that bandage and Treadwell to get injured.

I thought the big one in the second half was Hume but I was nearer to where the ball landed than the kicker.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:07 pm
So It Is wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:46 am Missed the match. Worth watching on catch up?
If you do, don't be trying to fix the volume on your device - it really was that silent in the first half. :shock:

Improved a bit in the second half as the crowd were wakened up by the prospect of Bulls actually geting close to saving something from the match.

We'll put it down to first match rustiness, but the crowd last night were absolutely dire for much of it. I reckon most would have made more noise watching it at home on tv, but at the ground it took a lot before they actually started supporting the team.

I'm sure the Bulls went away wondering about the famous Ravenhill Roar they'd heard about.
Didn't look a great crowd from where I was on terrace Lot of empty seats. Atmosphere p*sh.
Exterminate all rational thought
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Happy with a lot of that, it looked like they cared, had a bit of the dawg in them, and that’s all I ask to be honest, some fight! Better sides will crucify the silly mistakes, Lowry’s attempt at a catch and Addison’s howler standing out, Stewart is playing on a different level, definitely no surprise that players who had been with Farrell & Co are playing to a higher standard. Agree on Hume’s boot though, has added 20 metres to his kicks!
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

McCann was excellent, liked Sheridan when he came on. Would like to see Ewers at no. 8 though
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:52 pm McCann was excellent, liked Sheridan when he came on. Would like to see Ewers at no. 8 though
Sheridan and AOC are a small second row pairing though.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Ewers previously played at 8. In 2013/14.

Suppose Exeter had a couple of decent 8s after that but I’m sure he’s best suited to close quarter combat.

Hume’s bandage can be traced back to Parma. It was quite a nasty looking cut to the right eyebrow.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Big-al wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:12 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:52 pm McCann was excellent, liked Sheridan when he came on. Would like to see Ewers at no. 8 though
Is there anything to worry about with Tredders not starting and Izzy going off very early?
flatpass
Novice

Post by flatpass »

Good to see Stockdale playing with a bit of confidence again. He had a good game. As did McCann and Sheridan. Postlethwaite impressed and Hume seems to be recovering some form - though not yet at the level he was at 2 seasons ago.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Big-al wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:12 pm
Agreed- Sheridan looks a hybrid lock/ 6 like Hendo was
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Silence of the Pat Lams wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:47 pm They've changed the chippy that was at the top end of the promenade near the family stand. Reconsidering my season ticket now :banghead:
I didn't know you could get a season ticket for a chippie :shock:

There ya go - you live and larne. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right