English Premiership 23/24

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

tigerburnie
Warrior

English Premiership 23/24

Post by tigerburnie »

A fair way off before the league kicks off on the park, but I am hearing it has been kicking off away from the grass(lor plastic in the case of Salarysins), it seems the planes for two Premier leagues of ten each(I am hearing all professional, but not sure who has the money).
Premiership 1 & 2 will have relegation and promotion, but there will be playoffs at the bottom of both leagues with the top of the lower ones. The devil will be in the detail, but I am also informed there is likely to be "franchises" for sale for Premiership 2 and there is a strong likelihood that the three failed sides Wasps, Worcester and London Irish amongst the bidders. none of these three sides will be participating in rugby this season at any level.
Big Smoke Culchie
Squire

Re: English Premiership 23/24

Post by Big Smoke Culchie »

>flog

They should just join as division 2 of the URC and be done iwth it. :D
Joe Schmidt is a Leinster ballbag
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I worry that the proven unsustainable model of the English Premiership has decided that the best way to correct things, is to drag another 10 teams into the model.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

No no, it's a new dawn.............................or as they are late announcing anything maybe a new evening just before it goes dark........................
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

The light at the end of the tunnel is the oncoming train TB.
Plus ca change etc...
Exterminate all rational thought
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Jersey Reds are just spuds again :(
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Sadly it seems because the RFU have still not told clubs what the hell is going on going forwards the investors walked away as they could not see what the future was for the club(at least that is one of several ideas being bandied about) Not the clubs fault, though they have been reliant on outside investors more than maybe they should have been, sad for all the staff losing their jobs.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Such a Pity. Channel Islands are a beautiful part of the world to play Rugby in. Like stepping back in time- bits of Jersey and Guernsey are like rural France from 40 years ago. Always a home for Ex Ulster players.
Exterminate all rational thought
Big Smoke Culchie
Squire

Post by Big Smoke Culchie »

This doesnt look good.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/67018862

"Leicester's most recent set of accounts from the 2021-22 season shows they made a £1.9m operating loss and were carrying debts of £18.1m."
Joe Schmidt is a Leinster ballbag
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

That is possibly one of the better reports for premiership clubs, the three clubs going under cost all the clubs in lost revenue, I think it was only Northampton that had a profit and that was small. There has been additional investment and also the profits from the new hotel will appear on the next accounts so as she says, Tigers are in a good place to clear the government loans.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Owen Farrell being linked with a move to Racing 92 next season on a two year deal.

Racing 92 denying the reports of a deal being agreed.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Racing statement reminded me of the statements issued by Football Clubs when they say they have every confidence in the manager and they are already interviewing his replacement.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Aird wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:24 am Racing statement reminded me of the statements issued by Football Clubs when they say they have every confidence in the manager and they are already interviewing his replacement.
I am guessing negotiations are ongoing but not finished and the press got wind of it, so they had to put out a statement.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

The Tigers gave him a nice send off today..........................................
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

A joy to see - well done Tigers - even if you did your best to throw it away with some sloppy handling!! Nice to see Itoje rightfully carded!
Hope is not a strategy.