World cup squad

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bobbievee
Warrior

World cup squad

Post by Bobbievee »

How many UR reps in:

Training squad
Travelling squad
Playing 23

6/4/0?

( assuming Tot and IH fit)
Bobbievee
Warrior

Re: World cup squad

Post by Bobbievee »

Bobbievee wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:05 am How many UR reps in:

Training squad
Travelling squad
Playing 23

6/4/0?

( assuming Tot and IH fit)
Should have said travelling squad defined by world rugby at 33.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

There could well be none.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Hendo, Balacoune, Herring, TOT, McCloskey- TOT, Hendo and Herring probably most likely
Exterminate all rational thought
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Agree TOT, Herring and Hendy if all fit make the trip. Herring and TOT are 3rd choices and Hendy offers less than Baird off the bench so none in the 23.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:14 am Hendo, Balacoune, Herring, TOT, McCloskey- TOT, Hendo and Herring probably most likely
Stockdale will be there as well.

Henderson if fit is sure to be in the 23.
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

Big-al wrote:
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:14 am Hendo, Balacoune, Herring, TOT, McCloskey- TOT, Hendo and Herring probably most likely
Stockdale will be there as well.

Henderson if fit is sure to be in the 23.
Has Stockdale been signed up as a pundit?

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk

So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

Bart S wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:39 am Agree TOT, Herring and Hendy if all fit make the trip. Herring and TOT are 3rd choices and Hendy offers less than Baird off the bench so none in the 23.
This.
Big Stu maybe makes the squad but now that Bundee and Henshaw are fit, his chances diminish.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Big Stu isn't versatile enough. Foreigners coming in covering more options are preferable across Ireland, in all sectors. Hendy must be borderline. Ryan, Baird, Byrne well ahead. They will take four locks but Hendy's injury profile must be an issue. TOT if they take 6 props but maybe Porter's versatility will usurp him. Stockdale and Baloucoune would be borderline at best.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

World Rugby has confirmed the team of match officials who have been selected for Rugby World Cup 2023 in France later this year. Four Irish officials are included in the total of 26 Emirates Match Officials (12 referees, seven assistant referees and seven Television Match Officials) representing nine nations with more than 630 test appearances between them.

Andrew Brace is named in the Referee panel, Chris Busby in the Assistant Referee panel and Joy Neville and Brian MacNeice are in the TMO panel.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I guess it would be politically unacceptable, so not likely to happen, but there really could be no Ulster players in the 33, never mind the matchday 23. it only needs a couple of injuuries and a few 50/50 calls going the wrong wy.
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Ulster boys will also lose out because their rivals for places will get the chance to press their claims in big semi final and finals games in next few weeks.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

With Stockdale losing his central contract I would be surprised if he goes may depend on injuries yet to come.. Hendo well down the list.. Herring as they need 3 hookers
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

promenader 2 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:24 pm Ulster boys will also lose out because their rivals for places will get the chance to press their claims in big semi final and finals games in next few weeks.
Would agree with this, and also say too bloody right!

Wouldn't trust any Ulster player in a high pressure knock out World Cup game. I take no enjoyment in saying that either.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:07 pm
promenader 2 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:24 pm Ulster boys will also lose out because their rivals for places will get the chance to press their claims in big semi final and finals games in next few weeks.
Would agree with this, and also say too bloody right!

Wouldn't trust any Ulster player in a high pressure knock out World Cup game. I take no enjoyment in saying that either.
100% this.

I genuinely think SMcC has just missed out after Fridays game, a fairly ineffective performance against a big rival.
I think ire will take a back 5, not 6, with an extra forward. Lowe Keenan Hansen obrien….that leaves 1. Obrien covers fb and wing and is left footed as is lowe. This May for balance favour a right wing option, like larmour or Balacoune-earls looks done.
Stockdale may just make it by the skin of his teeth but it’d be a trust rather than form pick by Farrell.

As an aside I see Stewart won the league “next gen” league player award….I hope his mindset is “this gen” player…if herring makes the WC, if Stewart I’d be making sure he never gets that UR shirt back. Time for the younger players to push through and take the shirts next season, Sheridan especially too, there is a definite space in the 2nd row even if Henderson re signs.