Viaplay Offer

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Viaplay Offer

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Of course on the flip side for Viaplay not everyone is looking at this through a polarized URC view.

Theres the French Top 14 which I'm partial to taking in the odd game.

They also offer Scottish Cup and UEFA qualifiers, La liga in wendyball. NHL for the ice hockey fans, PDC darts. Few other things.

Anyway even if you only got 12 URC weekends between now and end of next April, that's just under £5 per Ulster game. Not bad in this modern world we live in.

If like me you watch most of the URC games, could work out less than £1 per game. I'm more than okay with that.

What's to say they won't offer a similar deal this time next year?

If you're switched on with your renewal dates, know when to cancel and look for a new deal (like all contracts) this is a good deal for a current non subscriber.

Additionally if you are a current non subscriber you're getting this years URC play offs and final.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:38 am Of course on the flip side for Viaplay not everyone is looking at this through a polarized URC view.

Theres the French Top 14 which I'm partial to taking in the odd game.

They also offer Scottish Cup and UEFA qualifiers, La liga in wendyball. NHL for the ice hockey fans, PDC darts. Few other things.

Anyway even if you only got 12 URC weekends between now and end of next April, that's just under £5 per Ulster game. Not bad in this modern world we live in.

If like me you watch most of the URC games, could work out less than £1 per game. I'm more than okay with that.

What's to say they won't offer a similar deal this time next year?

If you're switched on with your renewal dates, know when to cancel and look for a new deal (like all contracts) this is a good deal for a current non subscriber.

Additionally if you are a current non subscriber you're getting this years URC play offs and final.
Absolutely - it's obviously a personal choice.
Of course you may also want to factor in matches on FTA/FTV and for the very-part-time supporter, like my self, the odd game you may toddle along to.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Niner
Ok
Well argued
Ps do you have a sales background? Could you take on selling our house??
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

The whole automatic renewal gets me, Premier Sports autorenewed on me, I didn't want it renewed, so I paid for a year's subscription without using it. I hadn't been prewarned about the money coming out of my account, so still angry about it. As a result I won't be taking up Viaplay's offer. I mean if my car insurance autorenews and I've went with someone else I can cancel it and get a full refund, and the same with a lot of other subscriptions. I found it an incredibly dirty way to treat what could have been a long term customer.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Bobbievee wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:02 pm Niner
Ok
Well argued
Ps do you have a sales background? Could you take on selling our house??
My profession has me overseeing sales, but I'm no salesman, in this instance I'm nothing more than a polemicist. My counter argument in this case as is per other drivel I post on here, not always my own personal feeling. In truth I just enjoy debate and both sides of the coin.

I'd say I'm not in short supply of similar mindset. We're all at it. Makes for great entertainment on here.

BRs points are gooduns, between skipping channels and attending Ravenhill it may not be value. Like yourself I'm an ST, sad as I am I almost always rewatch the game when I get home. Without all the homework of channel hopping I know it's always there with Viaplay.

Without playing the role of the skitter, I'll be honest, Viaplay match build up and pundits I find decent. As much as a romantic I enjoy Gusher and his years of service, it's nice when the commentator gets the players name right.
Last edited by UlsterNo9 on Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Unashamedly I do the same .
Often the only way to understand some of the decisions.
Some clubs in England about to experiment with refs audio coming up as text on the big screen?
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

Took up this £59 offer.
Couple days later my subscription from last year expired and no Viaplay 1 and 2.
Phoned them and this £59 only applies to On Line viewing.
It does not relate to Viaplay through SKY.
I'm going to have to pay the £11.99 monthly for that.
A simple mistake but costly.
Klinger
Novice

Post by Klinger »

Can you not download the viaplay app onto your smart TV and watch it that way ?