If the URC was a proper league ...

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: If the URC was a proper league ...

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:17 am
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:47 pm
BaggyTrousers wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:04 am interesting concept, unfortunate circumstances lead to me being at the game last night with 5 layers of clothing to stave off the inclement weather,
Bout ya Mucker!!! :D

Sorry about yer unfortunate circumstances,

As for the inclement weather, what were you drinking?

Or has Spain turned you into a big girl's blouse?

Last night, as with every other fixture this season, I was at Ravenspan in shorts and short sleeved shirt.

Well, usually but not always, I have a light coat over me short sleeved Ulster shirt. Last night the coat went on for the second half. The shorts, canvas shoes and no socks have been a given at every match throughout the winter though. It does help to have MUM to stand behind when the wind and/or precipitation approach Biblical proportions though. And if my legs do get wet, they'll still dry quicker than MUM's trousers. :lol:

I thoroughly recommend it to all. :thumleft:
Guilty as charged Grumps, I am a large lassie's chemise, a registered South European Softie. Believe it or not I returned last Saturday to sunny Spain, 21C when I got off the plane at 9:50PM, 2 days later I'm taking a feckin' Covid test and am positive for the first time.

I think I actually died on Wednesday night but luckily, hadn't the wit to stiffen, so here we are ready and awaiting tonight's adventure.

Think back to before the Ireland game in Caaaadiff, a walk in the park, then somebody tells you that that GATLAND Gatland is back in charge. Though many will deny it that name sent many to the Farmacia - that'll be Boots to yousins, seeking supplies of Tighten Up Syrup. No logic, just an irrational fear.

I look at that Embra squad I know the table doesn't lie, we have whipped them for at least the last 5 matches, their last 10 games W2 L8, us the reverse, it should be a massacre but..........

Anyway, take care pal, hope your several aches and pains are not entirely ruining your life.

Oh before I go, I was straining the potatoes after the match when up looms Knocknagoney Mike, I advised him to point that thing well away from me, reminding him that I would not take kindly to a Northampton-type shower. After a few slurred words, Mike kindly pressed a piece of paper into my mitt. Yes, it was a reminder that it was day 5928 - Lest we forget. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be good and mind you don't get a chill tonight. >EW
Good to hear from you, ya large lassie's chemise. Hope your covid thingy is now, or soon will be, ancient history. I succumbed to it before Christmas and would have missed the Rochelle match, but then it was moved to Dublin so everyone missed it. I say "succumbed", but I didn't actually have any symptoms. It was great. Had been burning the candle at both ends looking after various oldies (not that I begrudge them that), but then up pops a reason to sit and do nathin for 13 days, whilst feeling in fine fettle. (13 days because when visiting "vulnerable" people ya need to have 2 negative tests on successive days before seeing them, rather than the 5 days prescribed for others).

I didn't get a chill last night thanks. Indeed had been doing a job for mother-in-law yesterday afternoon and got the missus to drop me off at Ravers on the way home, so Junior brought me home after the match. Naturally I took the opportunity of not driving to fill the hip flask with some of Bushmills' finest and kept my whistle well watered. It's amazing how having a lubricated throat helps the gulderin at the officials - and Darcey Bussell out on Embra's right wing. Ungrateful so-n-so didn't even acknowledge our greetings, but it was obvious he heard them. :lol:

The various aches and pains are still present, indeed a couple slowly getting worse, but I see light at the end of one tunnel with impending surgery to one of them. "Impending" probably means another year but I refuse to spend my youngsters' inheritances to line the pockets of already wealthy surgeons, so am prepared to wait a bit longer . . for now anyway. No longer being a part of the medical fraternity, it's almost impossible these days to get surgery or other treatment when you want/need it simply cos you know the doctors concerned. No mates rates available these days - even Consultant Surgeons have to go by the rules of NHS middle management these days. :roll:

Anyway - look after yersel mucker and maybe we'll meet next time yer hame. :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

... 3 teams that finished below Ulster would not be lifting silverware today.

To quote the BBC live feed Who could forget? Glasgow still have to lift the prestigious Scottish-Italian shield :lol: :lol: :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

URCfair.png
URCfair.png (18.24 KiB) Viewed 4366 times
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Finishing behind Leinster a team that went trophyless last year and have won just one European Cup in the last ten seasons.....

We're a jokeshop.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The log is meaningless now. The league rounds do not suit the saffer teams with all the travel. The real prizes are from the playoffs. Let's see where we finish. If runner up Leinster, there is no issue. The FIRFU have rigged the competition in that area. If we suffer another capitulation when it matters, then we need some fresh ideas.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BTW, when he finally gets that boshiership job, I'll be here for all you heartbroken Dan-sexuals. PMs open.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:51 am BTW, when he finally gets that boshiership job, I'll be here for all you heartbroken Dan-sexuals. PMs open.
Who would you replace Dan with?

John Dobson and Franco Smith would be two guys I think we could realistically attract. Would Stuart Lancaster take another gig in Ireland if he was offered the head role, don't think he wants the big dance.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:54 am
Dave wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:51 am BTW, when he finally gets that boshiership job, I'll be here for all you heartbroken Dan-sexuals. PMs open.

John Dobson and Franco Smith would be two guys I think we could realistically attract. Would Stuart Lancaster take another gig in Ireland if he was offered the head role, don't think he wants the big dance.
Lancaster is off to France.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

StandUp wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:56 am

Lancaster is off to France.
He is, would he take another gig in Ireland if he was offered the head role.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Speaking of Dan, I saw an article from Ulster-hating Mexicont Barsteward Fanning on the eve of our game. To say that Gatland has an agenda is just mincing words, he is a heinous FIRFUC, a hater of all things Ulster and a man now placed third on my current list of people I'd love to die:
  • Donal Spring
    David Nucibastaerd
    Feckface Fanning
I still suffer from frustration at knowing pishing on Thatcher's grave will be problematic, sadly she was badly burned and her whereabouts have not been revealed to me,
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I always liked McGlock
:D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Mmmmmm so did I

But I think wild horses would need to be involved…..and probably fail
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:16 pm Speaking of Dan, I saw an article from Ulster-hating Mexicont Barsteward Fanning on the eve of our game. To say that Gatland has an agenda is just mincing words, he is a heinous FIRFUC, a hater of all things Ulster and a man now placed third on my current list of people I'd love to die:
  • Donal Spring
    David Nucibastaerd
    Feckface Fanning
I still suffer from frustration at knowing pishing on Thatcher's grave will be problematic, sadly she was badly burned and her whereabouts have not been revealed to me,
Baggy, I believe her ashes are beneath a stone slab within the grounds of the Chelsea pensioners home.

You can console yourself that many incontinent auld duffers have probably dribbled their amber nectar on her final resting place.

Hopefully you have been helped.

Arrived in Espana yesterday btw. Just in time for ST George's day and the Coronation. :roll: Weather is fantastic though :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:50 pm
BaggyTrousers wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:16 pm Speaking of Dan, I saw an article from Ulster-hating Mexicont Barsteward Fanning on the eve of our game. To say that Gatland has an agenda is just mincing words, he is a heinous FIRFUC, a hater of all things Ulster and a man now placed third on my current list of people I'd love to die:
  • Donal Spring
    David Nucibastaerd
    Feckface Fanning
Baggy, I believe her ashes are beneath a stone slab within the grounds of the Chelsea pensioners home.

You can console yourself that many incontinent auld duffers have probably dribbled their amber nectar on her final resting place.

Hopefully you have been helped.

Arrived in Espana yesterday btw. Just in time for ST George's day and the Coronation. :roll: Weather is fantastic though :thumleft:
I have indeed been helped, perhaps someone knows of a good fancy dress SHAP renting Chelsea Pensioner's garb. The dream may yet be alive. >yahoo

It's more or less perfect here right now Merv, these temperatures year-round would be ideal, however I see dire warnings of 40ºC plus ahead especially August. Enjoy your time here. :thumleft:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:

Declan Kidney doing well at LI. He could bring that 10 too.