A new low…?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: A new low…?

Post by Dave »

StandUp wrote:
Dave wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:09 am Developing young talent is crucial for the success of any rugby team, and there are several strategies that Ulster rugby could consider to produce more young talented future professional players:

Invest in youth development programs: Ulster rugby could invest in youth development programs that identify and nurture young talent from an early age. These programs could include coaching clinics, talent identification camps, and grassroots competitions that give young players the opportunity to showcase their skills.

Build partnerships with local schools and clubs: Ulster rugby could build partnerships with local schools and clubs to help identify and develop young talent. This could involve sending coaches to work with youth teams or offering scholarships to talented young players.

Provide high-quality coaching: Providing high-quality coaching to young players is essential for their development. Ulster rugby could invest in developing their coaches to ensure they have the knowledge and skills needed to develop young talent.

Create a clear pathway to the professional team: Creating a clear pathway to the professional team can help young players see a clear progression and provide them with motivation to develop their skills. This could involve creating a dedicated academy program or establishing clear criteria for selection to the professional team.

Foster a culture of excellence: Fostering a culture of excellence within the club can help young players see the importance of hard work, discipline, and dedication. This could involve creating a strong team culture, setting high standards for performance, and providing opportunities for mentorship and leadership development.

Overall, developing young talent is a long-term process that requires investment, dedication, and patience. By implementing these strategies, Ulster rugby could help to produce more young talented future professional players and ensure the long-term success of the club
I’m not reading all that. Image
Neither am I Image
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
De-aRt
Novice

Post by De-aRt »

Loki wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:23 pm That post has more than a whiff of ChatGPT about it Dave :lol:
Ah FFS...should have realised that! :roll:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I still posted it, though. I'm brill.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Zero Ulster players in the u-18 schools SQUAD!
Tap+Go
Novice

Post by Tap+Go »

HammerTime wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:31 pm Zero Ulster players in the u-18 schools SQUAD!
Across the Ireland U18 Schools (26 named) and U18 Clubs & Schools (23 named) squads I make it:

Ulster: Schools 0; Clubs & Schools 3; Total 3
Connacht: Schools 1; Clubs & Schools 5; Total 6
Leinster: Schools 17; Clubs & Schools 9; Total 26
Munster: Schools 8; Clubs & Schools 5; Total 13
IQ: Schools 0; Clubs & Schools 1; Total 1

Munster actually won the schools interpros at U18 beating Leinster in Dublin so not sure Leinster should have 17 v their 8. Ulster’s poor showing coming back to bite - they need to step it up at U19.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Ireland U18 Schools Squad
Jack Angulo (Leinster/Blackrock College)
Emmett Calvey (Munster/Ard Scoil Ris)
Andrew Doyle (Leinster/Ardscoile na Trionoide/Athy RFC)
Paidi Farrell (Leinster/St. Mary's Edenderry/Tullamore RFC)
Mark Fitzgerald (Munster/Crescent College Comprehensive
Michael Foy (Munster/Christian Brothers College)
Dylan Hicks (Munster/Bantry Community College/Bantry Bay RFC)
Todd Lawlor (Leinster/Newbridge College)
Luke McLaughlin (Leinster/Gonzaga College Ciaran Mangan (Leinster/Newbridge College)
Oisin Minogue (Munster/St Munchins College)
Charlie Molony (Leinster/Blackrock College)
Evan Moynihan (Leinster/St Mary's College)
Alex Mullan (Leinster/Blackrock College)
Tom Murtagh (Leinster/Clongowes Wood College)
Luke Murphy (Munster/Ard Scoil Ris)
Aaron O'Brien (Leinster/St Mary's College)
Jed O'Dwyer (Munster/ Crescent College Comprehensive)
Gene O'Leary Kareem (Munster/Presentation Brothers Cork)
Mahon Ronan (Leinster/St. Mary's Diocesan Drogheda/Boyne RFC)
Andre Ryan (Leinster/Belvedere College SJ)
Paddy Taylor (Leinster/Newbridge College)
James White (Leinster/St Michael's College)
Bryan Walsh (Connacht/Colaiste Einde/Corinthians RFC)
James Wyse (Leinster/Clongowes Wood College)
Mikey Yarr (Leinster/Blackrock College)
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Pathetic. Ulster schools out.
Kanbei
Novice

Post by Kanbei »

RuPi wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:36 pm
Tap+Go wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:55 pm
TheUlsterTruth wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:34 pm Just my opinion but all the Ulster players should be playing for one AIL team - Queens might be the obvious one

Queens would be AIL 1 within 2 years

The Leinster fringe players have a significant advantage over a lot of the Ulster fringe players in that they are playing AIL1 every week

Harry Sheridan was developed in Trinity
Last June Ulster entered into an agreement with Queens which has a number of strands to it but one of those is that NTS and Academy 1 school leavers will go to Queens, players will then move on once reach Academy Year2/3 so that positional back logs don’t occur. Queens will get up this year so will be interesting if this stays and they work to that model or if they just load them with players, part of the agreement was that Queens would have limit placed on the number of non student players so that once they graduate they will move on to other clubs.
The details around the whole thing are very sketchy but there is a partnership now in place.
Partnership confirmed

https://ulster.rugby/content/queens-uni ... laboration

Queens basically becoming the quasi Ulster Academy team in the AIL
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

So the nerds and jocks join forces. And I don't mean the scotch.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I don't know much about these things. How much of what is in this link is new and how much has been going on for ages?
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

Great talker is our Bryn.
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

solidarity wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:45 pm
I don't know much about these things. How much of what is in this link is new and how much has been going on for ages?
On that question I’d be particularly interested in the point below:

‘Integration of Academy players into Senior training to support individual development from a Rugby and Athletic Development perspective.’

There was a recent post on the Leinster forum which stated that all academy players train with the senior squad every Monday. While there are elements of their pathway we can’t replicate it would sum the Ulster approach up if something as easy as the above point just hasn’t been done on any structured basis. If it something that hasn’t been done by Ulster it would be interesting to know how much of an impact this has had on players we have had at under-20 level who haven’t kicked on in the manner their Leinster counterparts have.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Could our academy also train with the Leinster squad? What are they doing Tuesday to Thursday?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

So It Is wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:47 pm
Great talker is our Bryn.
Talks BS I think hides more than a anything so as not to take the flak.., we produce little or nothing and have done for many many years… dress it up how you like but we are third rate tom kite when it comes to a business/organisation that understands wha5 is needed. We will continue to pick up Leinster cast offs and the odd Irish qualified cast off but not anyone to become a fixture in the Ireland side..

The All Blacks never rated Lowe I don’t rate him but Leinster and Ireland do and he is now th3 greatest thing since slice bread and will undoubtedly win us the World Cup… Stockdale is done not one player knocking on the door of the team and likely the case for a few years.. seen it coming for years but hey as long as the old boys stay in place we will be OK.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU