Leinster VS Ulster HC QF 01/04/23

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Leinster VS Ulster HC QF 01/04/23

Post by Dave »

Can we send some kids down? A few hoodlums from the falls and some from the Shankill. Make it cross community.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Dave wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:11 pm Can we send some kids down? A few hoodlums from the falls and some from the Shankill. Make it cross community.
I wonder if Ulster would be better off paying the fees to send a bunch of our prospects down to Dublin schools. :lol:
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

thecrouch wrote:
Dave wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:11 pm Can we send some kids down? A few hoodlums from the falls and some from the Shankill. Make it cross community.
I wonder if Ulster would be better off paying the fees to send a bunch of our prospects down to Dublin schools. Image
Getting the players to come back to Ulster would be the hard part.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Skimming off the best players not only from Leinster but from all over Ireland. This Leinster system is a joke (but equally brilliant for them). B@stids.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

HammerTime wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:31 am Skimming off the best players not only from Leinster but from all over Ireland. This Leinster system is a joke (but equally brilliant for them). B@stids.
We should just keep offering Leinster academy players senior contracts, if for no other reason than to make it more expensive for Leinster to keep a hold of them. :mexican:
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:52 pm . Time to give Lowry a run at 10, even in selected gamext year. If Addison was back I'd have him at 15 in a heartbeat - Payne like
The idea of lowry at 10 will never happen he is nowhere near the standard required and shows no sign of getting there in the short cameos he has had. His kicking is just awful. He would be a massive step down on BB whose kicking game is also not great. We need players who can kick more than 20 or 30 metres.

Addison will not be back or if he is will only get a couple of games before retirement. I wouldn't factor him into plans.

But I agree with you re Stuart Moore.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Moore has to start at fullback for the rest of the season. When he went on at 15 it was a totally different feel to the game when you had someone who could catch a contestable high ball and someone who had a boot on him. He launched a couple with the left peg a stunning distance. Lowry was genius level level last year but a busted flush this year. Moore from here on in!!!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Lowry is probably a luxury we can't afford. Unless he's cutting into the line, he doesn't effect the game so well. Leinster kicked deep for him to collect in the back field. He is most dangerous coming onto a pass with a defender caught flat footed. When they see him coming from deep the line is easier to set. His kicking is poor. Moore has played well enough to be considered for a start.
Tap+Go
Novice

Post by Tap+Go »

thecrouch wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:16 am
HammerTime wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:31 am Skimming off the best players not only from Leinster but from all over Ireland. This Leinster system is a joke (but equally brilliant for them). B@stids.
We should just keep offering Leinster academy players senior contracts, if for no other reason than to make it more expensive for Leinster to keep a hold of them. :mexican:
D4 prob just use it as an excuse to cut our budgets to let Leinster keep them!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

d4surfer wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:14 pm
BR wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:53 pm
Not allowed to put a white gansey over my hoody any more.
Not a great for those with a fuller figure.
I'm rarely that full during a match.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Leicester forwards sticking it to the Leinster pack unlike Ulster last week who collectively bent over and got ripped a new one.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

HammerTime wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:48 pm Leicester forwards sticking it to the Leinster pack unlike Ulster last week who collectively bent over and got ripped a new one.
The ulster pack aren’t great.

Ulster had a decent front row last week, but the locks and backrow aren’t anywhere near the quality Leicester have.

Our locks in general aren’t great (Henderson aside)
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

allezlesverres wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:17 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:52 pm . Time to give Lowry a run at 10, even in selected gamext year. If Addison was back I'd have him at 15 in a heartbeat - Payne like
The idea of lowry at 10 will never happen he is nowhere near the standard required and shows no sign of getting there in the short cameos he has had. His kicking is just awful. He would be a massive step down on BB whose kicking game is also not great. We need players who can kick more than 20 or 30 metres.

Addison will not be back or if he is will only get a couple of games before retirement. I wouldn't factor him into plans.

But I agree with you re Stuart Moore.
Tbh ML is becoming a liability at 15. No distance on his kicks and better teams are learning to shepherd him into a cul de sac. Apart from 10, where else is there apart from a luxury on the bench when the game opens up? He has never had a run at 10- BB is game but a limited game manager and not a front line Heineken cup 10.

Moore has earned a run at 15. Clever player in the Cave and Addison mould.

We can have our fingers crossed for Addison as he's the obvious choice at 15 and a Rolls Royce of a player, unless you have info his playing future is terminal.
Exterminate all rational thought
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

HammerTime wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:48 pm Leicester forwards sticking it to the Leinster pack unlike Ulster last week who collectively bent over and got ripped a new one.
Not sure that post has aged too well.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Not unheard of for a team to crumble after 55-60mins🤔 Especially after a spirited effort.