The run in

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

The run in

Post by UlsterNo9 »

1 Leinster Pld 13 Pts 61
Dragons (H) Edinburgh (A) Stormers (H) Lions (A) Bulls (A)
2 Stormers Pld 12 Pts 45
Sharks (A) Bulls (A) Sharks (H) Leinster (A) Munster (H) Benetton (H)
3 Ulster Pld 12 Pts 43
Glasgow (A) Sharks (A) Cardiff (A) Bulls (H) Dragons (H) Edinburgh (H)
4 Bulls Pld 13 Pts 40
Stormers (H) Lions (H) Ulster (A) Zebre (H) Leinster (H)
5 Glasgow Pld 12 Pts 39
Ulster (H) Lions (A) Zebre (H) Munster (A) Scarlets (H) Connacht (H)
6 Munster Pld 13 Pts 37
Ospreys (H) Scarlets (H) Glasgow (H) Stormers (A) Sharks (A)
7 Benetton Pld 13 Pts 34
Cardiff (A) Ospreys (A) Lions (H) Sharks (A) Stormers (A)
8 Sharks Pld 11 Pts 33
Stormers (H) Lions (A) Ulster (H) Stormers (A) Scarlets (A) Benetton (H) Munster (H)
Last edited by UlsterNo9 on Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: The run in

Post by Bart S »

I'd say Glasgow and The Bulls have easier run-ins. Stormers have it tough. Munster look OK bar the SA trip to finish.

Leinster's toughest game will be the 3rd one you have on there - apparently at home to Leinster!!
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

2nd place looks more than achievable based on fixtures, need to win our 3 at home and 1 on the road. I don't see Stormers winning any of their remaing away games. Glasgow are a genuine threat, our next fixture against them is very important, we win we kill of their challenge to jump over us, otherwise they've a pretty handy run in. Sharks also look like contenders for 2nd.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

6 games left. What is 5×6? How many points will we have then?

The double is on.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Bart S wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:12 pm I'd say Glasgow and The Bulls have easier run-ins. Stormers have it tough. Munster look OK bar the SA trip to finish.

Leinster's toughest game will be the 3rd one you have on there - apparently at home to Leinster!!
:lol: Fixed

Our next game versus Glasgow is huge when you look at it, they win that and I don't think we'll finish above them. Bulls have one less game left to play than ourselves, we have them at home, I'd back us to beat them.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Leinster will be hugely influential to our run in- luckily they play Stormers third last. Last two games could be Academy/ squad rotation although they could easily go unbeaten such is their depth. By the time they play Bulls, Bulls could be gone.

Sharks and Glasgow. We MUST beat one and get a couple of BPs. The next 3 games crucial for us, as I think we have the last 3.
Sharks a real threat if they field a full squad- more so than anyone else and they have games in hand. We really only can afford 1 more loss to have a real chance of second
Exterminate all rational thought
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

I think Glasgow next up is a must win, if Ulster want to be in control of their own destiny.
Columbo
Steward

Post by Columbo »

Both Glasgow and Cardiff should lose a few more players than us to international - and Cardiff looked a complete rabble against Leinster, so we should be definitely be looking to nick wins in both of those. I like our last 3 fixtures, should be at least two 5 pointers..
..one more thing
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Glasgow are in some run of form, they haven't lost in their last 9 games in league and Europe, undefeated at home this season.

Glasgow go into the game as favourites against us in my mind.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:49 pm Leinster will be hugely influential to our run in- luckily they play Stormers third last. Last two games could be Academy/ squad rotation although they could easily go unbeaten such is their depth. By the time they play Bulls, Bulls could be gone.

Sharks and Glasgow. We MUST beat one and get a couple of BPs. The next 3 games crucial for us, as I think we have the last 3.
Sharks a real threat if they field a full squad- more so than anyone else and they have games in hand. We really only can afford 1 more loss to have a real chance of second
Good summary there. Wouldn't want to be relying on Leinster in the last round or 2 if they have already secured top spot, albeit of course they won't have the distraction of the Champions Cup anymore by then :D :fleg:
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Glasgow have 15 in the Scotland squad.

Home to Wales to the week before our match and away to
France the week after.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Bart S wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:12 pm I'd say Glasgow and The Bulls have easier run-ins. Stormers have it tough. Munster look OK bar the SA trip to finish.

I fancy a draw for that game. Home advantage may help though.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Tried to download my tickets but for the three home games but got, 'Unable to load this pass'

Anyone got any words of wisdom?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Tickets all successfully downloaded now so everyone can now sleep easily in their beds tonight.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Run ins are getting earlier!

Last year's thread started on 27 March

2019 on 17 Feb.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall