Benetton v Ulster Saturday January 7 1pm KO (UK Time) Viaplay (Premier) Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Benetton v Ulster Saturday January 7 1pm KO (UK Time) Viaplay (Premier) Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by Jackie Brown »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Big-al wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:15 pm
thecrouch wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:22 pm
StandUp wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:34 pm It’s all b@llocks. It won’t happen.
Nucifora was trying to tell the world what a great job he’s done in Ireland, and now we are supposedly producing too many great players for four provinces. Reporters put two and two together and came up with November.
He hasn't done a great job at all.

For all the players produced under the IRFU banner the overwhelming majority are the products of a handful of private Dublin schools.

Basically the big money in Dublin started pumping cash into their schools which operate as effectively professional outfits, and players are leaving school almost ready for low-level pro rugby.

Leinster are taking an exceptional raw material and putting the finishing touches on it, while the rest of us are getting raw lads who need serious work.

Nothing to do with Nucifora, he's just been in the right place at the right time to ride on the coat tails of the success of Leinster.
Take out the St michaels and Blackrock products and the Leinster squad would be seriously depleted. Both fantastic rugby nurseries.
True Al, it doesn't hide the fact from school pathway Leinster have supplied 24no., Munster 12no. and Ulster 0 forwards to the international setup in the last decade.

Nucifora should be standing at the front door of Ravenhill asking what the fcuk we're doing about it!

Or equally we as fans should be asking Nuciwank what is he going to do about it.
He doesn't care because Leinster keep on giving.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Benetton v Ulster Saturday January 7 1pm KO (UK Time) Viaplay (Premier) Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
True Al, it doesn't hide the fact from school pathway Leinster have supplied 24no., Munster 12no. and Ulster 0 forwards to the international setup in the last decade.

Nucifora should be standing at the front door of Ravenhill asking what the fcuk we're doing about it!

Or equally we as fans should be asking Nuciwank what is he going to do about it.
Could we just cut out the middle man? Form an angry mob and storm castle ravenhill with pitchforks and petrol bombs?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Nuciwank doesn’t care as long as Leinster keep churning them out.

He has already come out and said Ireland are producing too many players.

He’s happy with Munster and ulster taking the leavings of the Leinster academy (& getting beat by them every season).
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Jackie Brown wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:25 am
UlsterNo9 wrote:
StandUp wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:34 pm It’s all b@llocks. It won’t happen.
Nucifora was trying to tell the world what a great job he’s done in Ireland, and now we are supposedly producing too many great players for four provinces. Reporters put two and two together and came up with November.

For all the players produced under the IRFU banner the overwhelming majority are the products of a handful of private Dublin schools.

Basically the big money in Dublin started pumping cash into their schools which operate as effectively professional outfits, and players are leaving school almost ready for low-level pro rugby.

Leinster are taking an exceptional raw material and putting the finishing touches on it, while the rest of us are getting raw lads who need serious work.

Nothing to do with Nucifora, he's just been in the right place at the right time to ride on the coat tails of the success of Leinster.
Take out the St michaels and Blackrock products and the Leinster squad would be seriously depleted. Both fantastic rugby nurseries.

Was speaking to a dad today whose son was in the 1st XV at one of our big rugby schools. He said something that I had begun to think was an ugly rumour. His son and a slew of others are so fed up with rugby after being pushed so hard at school that they say, 'Stuff this, I don't need the pressure any more,' and give up on rugby (or maybe choose to play for fun in Ballysomewhere in div. 5, with no pressure).

So how come Leinster schools can keep the lads' passion alive but ours can't?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

solidarity wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:30 pm
Jackie Brown wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:25 am
UlsterNo9 wrote:

Was speaking to a dad today whose son was in the 1st XV at one of our big rugby schools. He said something that I had begun to think was an ugly rumour. His son and a slew of others are so fed up with rugby after being pushed so hard at school that they say, 'Stuff this, I don't need the pressure any more,' and give up on rugby (or maybe choose to play for fun in Ballysomewhere in div. 5, with no pressure).

So how come Leinster schools can keep the lads' passion alive but ours can't?
Expectation of a professional career against hopes of getting a game sometime occasionally before going into a career outside of rugby 5 years behind all your peers.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:56 pm Expectation of a professional career against hopes of getting a game sometime occasionally before going into a career outside of rugby 5 years behind all your peers.
Probably right Cap'n. A 1983 attitude that needs to become a 2023 attitude. Can't blame the kids themselves for that.