Ulster v Munster Sunday 1 January 5:15pm KO TG4 / Viaplay Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Re: Ulster v Munster Sunday 1 January 5:15pm KO TG4 / Viaplay Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by thecrouch »

Milasinovic is an absolute disgrace and should be fcuked out the door immediately. A complete waste of space.

Reffell was busy but also ineffective.

Jones is not at this level.

Our squad has too many passengers.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Marco
Novice

Re: Ulster v Munster Sunday 1 January 5:15pm KO TG4 / Viaplay Sports 1 / URC TV / Super Sport

Post by Marco »

Bring in Mr William Anderson for the rest of this season. He is someone who understands rugby and who understands Ulster. He’d likely have too much wit to be interested of course, but he sure would complement the whole set up and bridge the gap that’s growing between players and coaches. Look what Paulie is doing for Ireland. I’m a country boy myself but there is far too much of the old school tie brigade about in there, reminds me of the boarders at my old school, Portora, arrogant p**cks the lot of them, wouldn’t know a hard days work if it walked up and introduced itself to them, you know the type! It wont happen but sure…
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

thecrouch wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:47 pm Milasinovic is an absolute disgrace and should be fcuked out the door immediately. A complete waste of space.

Reffell needs to be part of a balanced back row. Big 6 required. Timoney or McCann would've been better balance. Reffell could be another Reidy so I would be keen to see more of him. Sarries were sorry to see him go so he has something about him plus IQ.
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Marco wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:04 pm Bring in Mr William Anderson for the rest of this season. He is someone who understands rugby and who understands Ulster. He’d likely have too much wit to be interested of course, but he sure would complement the whole set up and bridge the gap that’s growing between players and coaches. Look what Paulie is doing for Ireland. I’m a country boy myself but there is far too much of the old school tie brigade about in there, reminds me of the boarders at my old school, Portora, arrogant p**cks the lot of them, wouldn’t know a hard days work if it walked up and introduced itself to them, you know the type! It wont happen but sure…
I agree ref entitled grammar school mentality and no willingness to get down and dirty. Hendo and DVM apart theres no biff or filth in this team
Exterminate all rational thought
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Maybe that is in training, we are not as focused in training at making sure the fundamental parts of the game are right.
A direct quote from our head coach. Remarkable.

I wonder whose job it is to focus on these things in training?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

A few minds need sharpening….the recontracting of mediocre players, rewarded for poor performance is a sorry indicator of the club. As is perhaps a sense of entitlement by local players to get a full career in Belfast?

It’s amazing how you might concentrate in training, or get to the next breakdown in a match, or get back up, in the defensive line….when it’s that or you’re looking on rightmove for a job and house. Patience is running very thin.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

There will always be criticism after a defeat and that is to be encouraged. The referee was not responsible for the defeat but there were four blatant forward passes not called and those are large advantages to the side that makes them.

“It’s incredibly frustrating. We wanted to see the game out and put ourselves in a position to do that, but we crumbled and let Munster play the nice style of rugby they want to play, and they took their opportunities.” This is now a problem that the coach must deal with.

"We had the ball eleven times in their 22 and scored once. We lost the ball on ten occasions, and the only time we kept the ball through phases we scored a great try. We lost three lineouts and to be fair Munster were magnificent when they held onto the ball and scored twice and that was the game. “

All true but the use of substitutes is stupid. There is no justification other than injury to bring on substitutes in the last ten minutes. The player introduced has no chance of coming up to the speed of the game and can only make a mistake or get injured. Jake Flannery for Burns (73), John Andrew for Stewart (76), Ethan McIlroy for Stockdale (77).
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Marco wrote:Bring in Mr William Anderson for the rest of this season. He is someone who understands rugby and who understands Ulster. He’d likely have too much wit to be interested of course, but he sure would complement the whole set up and bridge the gap that’s growing between players and coaches. Look what Paulie is doing for Ireland. I’m a country boy myself but there is far too much of the old school tie brigade about in there, reminds me of the boarders at my old school, Portora, arrogant p**cks the lot of them, wouldn’t know a hard days work if it walked up and introduced itself to them, you know the type! It wont happen but sure…
Catch a grip—Willy Anderson ImageImageImageImageImage

You want to talk about self serving/arrogant people then he’s numero uno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

kingofthehill wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:34 pm
Marco wrote:Bring in Mr William Anderson for the rest of this season. He is someone who understands rugby and who understands Ulster. He’d likely have too much wit to be interested of course, but he sure would complement the whole set up and bridge the gap that’s growing between players and coaches. Look what Paulie is doing for Ireland. I’m a country boy myself but there is far too much of the old school tie brigade about in there, reminds me of the boarders at my old school, Portora, arrogant p**cks the lot of them, wouldn’t know a hard days work if it walked up and introduced itself to them, you know the type! It wont happen but sure…
Catch a grip—Willy Anderson ImageImageImageImageImage

You want to talk about self serving/arrogant people then he’s numero uno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Take it easy Mrs Anderson. :lol:
I don’t know the man at all but I have heard similar sentiments about him before.
TinPig
Squire

Post by TinPig »

thecrouch wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:47 pm Milasinovic is an absolute disgrace and should be fcuked out the door immediately. A complete waste of space.
I thought it would’ve been better getting the girl driving the mobile stretcher to replace Marty. Would’ve locked out the scrum better and definitely faster straight line speed.
I’m feeling Perky this morning. :pig:
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Jackie Brown wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:03 am
Dharper wrote:Still 3rd in the league with a game in hand and 2 pts over the Bulls.

Going forward, TOT is going to get a serious examination of his scrummaging creditials with MMs injury. McCann needs to be trusted to be part of that backrow matchday squad. We can’t go into a match that threadbare again with 3 of 4 backrowers under par. I’m not sure how much gametime we can gamble on Doak, JC is the only game controller at UR.

If Cooney does leave UR…..we need to sign a 10 who can actually kick for territory….he needs to make a decision and we need to know where we stand from the Irfu, we need to be planning.

This incessant box kicking off 9 to compete has to stop, we don’t win the ball back.
Stockdale Moore mccloskey can all kick, but it’s a rarity. Munster lineout was tom kite last night, makeshift second row, multiple lost lineouts. I’d have made sure there were multiple Munster lineouts around their 22, and crank up the pressure on them, ridiculous to let them off the hook.
The management need to take responsibility for poor tactics, see above.
Yeah, last night was a game for old school kicking the corners and challenging the Munster lineout. Completely incapable of doing that though, because we pivot around 9 meaning aimless box kicking is about as good as it gets. This is due to the 10 we start with being unable to control a game and not trusted to tactically kick.

Is Flannery not worth a go?

I assume we will get special IRFU dispensation to go find a tight head until the end of the season?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Where is our current All Black tight head … signed on big money still here presumably
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Free Rehab RFC strikes again.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

We still can't compete with Munster's signing of RG Snyman. 2.5 years and less than 1 hour of gametime
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Marco wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:04 pm Bring in Mr William Anderson for the rest of this season. He is someone who understands rugby and who understands Ulster. He’d likely have too much wit to be interested of course, but he sure would complement the whole set up and bridge the gap that’s growing between players and coaches. Look what Paulie is doing for Ireland. I’m a country boy myself but there is far too much of the old school tie brigade about in there, reminds me of the boarders at my old school, Portora, arrogant p**cks the lot of them, wouldn’t know a hard days work if it walked up and introduced itself to them, you know the type! It wont happen but sure…
I suspect said mr Anderson is more interested in his health than having anything to do with the mess
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:46 pm

Reffell needs to be part of a balanced back row. Big 6 required. Timoney or McCann would've been better balance. Reffell could be another Reidy so I would be keen to see more of him. Sarries were sorry to see him go so he has something about him plus IQ.
100%, way too early to assess, looked busy, tidied kick off restarts very well, willing carrier although limited success, stuck in at breakdown without turnovers, Strikes me as a big engine player-1st game back, needs his game legs. My issue currently-he looks small/too lean. Could definitely be an asset though.