Referees and TMO consistency

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

mea97mb
Squire

Re: Referees and TMO consistency

Post by mea97mb »

Farrell somehow gets away with another blatent red card hit last night. If cited will likely only be a couple of weeks ban to make sure he's available for 6 nations.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:41 pm Another law unapplied for seemingly ever is the heinous crime of lifting a leg in a maul... until Taffy Brace pinged Tom Stewart last week. In fairness to Taffy, Tom's was so utterly blatant that I think dear Taffy felt "FFFS mate you've put me on the spot with your stupidity" and awarded the first leg-lifting penalty since pussy was a cat, or Jesus was a lad.

Mind you, Taffy was clearly not looking to award a single forward pass when Munster presented him 5 possible chances, yet for some penalty offences against Ulster, he was as eager as a bear in salmon spawning season.

I have a couple of Welsh friends but I suspect I may be unique.
On IRB's recent list of 'laws we're going to start 'enforcing, until we get bored with it again.'
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

solidarity wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:28 pm
StandUp wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:00 pm Could someone please remind Hollie Davidson about the law around pre-binding to a player before they lift the ball.🙄
Lions players have done this four times in the space of 60 seconds, right in front of the myopic fool.
Seems like a law that is more often ignored than observed these days. Don't know when I last saw anyone pinged for it.
The rules around the pick and go near goal need to be changed.
At least one Munster try I saw* was completely undefendable. The rule is now that a player (a 'nine') can lift the ball at a tackle, but is untouchable until he takes the ball away from the tackle. If the ball is a foot short of the line, he can place it over the line without having to take it away from the tackle. How the feck are you supposed to defend that?

Why not simplify the rules - if you have the ball - you're fair game?

*only saw highlights as I gave up trying to watch two teams playing in red shirts. Watched Dragons v Bulls instead - better match I suspect.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

KilJoy has spent more time watching the big screen today than she does when she's TMO.
www.stoutboys.co.uk