Connacht v Ulster Fri 23rd Dec 7:35pm RTE2 / Viaplay Sports 2 / Super Sport / URC TV

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Connacht v Ulster Fri 23rd Dec 7:35pm RTE2 / Viaplay Sports 2 / Super Sport / URC TV

Post by Neill_M »

Adam McKendry
@admckendry
·
41m
All-Irish officiating team for the derby between Connacht and Ulster on Friday as Frank Murphy takes charge at the Sportsground, assisted by Eoghan Cross and Andrew Cole with Olly Hodges serving as TMO
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Connacht v Ulster Fri 23rd Dec 7:35pm RTE2 / Viaplay Sports 2 / Super Sport / URC TV

Post by Neill_M »

Interesting to see how many changes will be made post Europe / will the Benetton game be the one where there are multiple changes?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Connacht v Ulster Fri 23rd Dec 7:35pm RTE2 / Viaplay Sports 2 / Super Sport / URC TV

Post by Dave »

So without Billy. Who starts at 10? Flannery given a run. Doak? Lowry?

It's a fairly intense run of games going right through Dec/Jan.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Dave wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:03 pm So without Billy. Who starts at 10? Flannery given a run. Doak? Lowry?

It's a fairly intense run of games going right through Dec/Jan.
Should be Doak, otherwise they need to give Lowry/flannery more minutes at outhalf.

We need some players off that injury list
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Unsurprisingly, the weather forecast isn’t great.

The stronger winds are not due until after the game so my Santa hat should be OK.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Neill_M wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:55 pm Adam McKendry
@admckendry
·
41m
All-Irish officiating team for the derby between Connacht and Ulster on Friday as Frank Murphy takes charge at the Sportsground, assisted by Eoghan Cross and Andrew Cole with Olly Hodges serving as TMO
As if things weren’t sh1tty enough atm. Now we have to endure Frank. When it rains…..
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Match off.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

There’s a joke there somewhere but I can’t be arsed.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Deraless wrote:Match off.
Who has the heaters? Are they back in D4?
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

How big is our official delegation to the Sportsground? Will the match be played there or switched to the Aviva?
Is ROG coming over for it?
If Knock Airport is closed by snow should we travel by Birmingham Airport? Any value in dropping Addison off at the Basilica on the way down?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Jetstream wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:07 am How big is our official delegation to the Sportsground? Will the match be played there or switched to the Aviva?
If Knock Airport is closed by snow should we travel by Birmingham Airport? Any value in dropping Addison off at the Basilica on the way down?
I don’t understand the criticism of Addison. He has been incredibly unlucky. How can you criticise someone for poor luck? When fit, he is undoubtedly one of our most skilful players.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Agreed
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

StandUp wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:53 am
Jetstream wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:07 am How big is our official delegation to the Sportsground? Will the match be played there or switched to the Aviva?
I don’t understand the criticism of Addison. He has been incredibly unlucky. How can you criticise someone for poor luck? When fit, he is undoubtedly one of our most skilful players.
It's not criticism of Addison per se. We all like Addison, he is a wonderful player, he just can't ever play. He had a poor injury profile when he joined to the extent Sale weren't sad to see him leave. He proved to be worth a punt in early performances and could have been a canny signing but since then has been steadily crocked. It's a shame but there we are. He isn't likely ever to be able to play consistently for us.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

His last injury was pure bad luck and it was a horror injury in fairness. He has been out for about 14 months. He was supposed to be back for the Zebre game but seemed to experience a set back. He seems to have the longest recovery rates of any player we ever had.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Indeed.

He gets injured far less frequently than Hendy but takes significantly longer to recover.

Must be soul destroying for the lad and let’s hope he is back soon.

Broke my leg in a bone-crunching tackle in Feb ‘93 and was bowling off-spin come June in a metal brace.

No doubt it would have been against medical advice had I actually been given any.