Munster v Ulster Sat Oct 29th 5:15pm KO RTE2 / Premier Sports 1 / Supersport / URC TV

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Munster v Ulster Sat Oct 29th 5:15pm KO RTE2 / Premier Sports 1 / Supersport / URC TV

Post by Dave »

justinr73 wrote:Why are there so few of us here?
Brexit
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Munster v Ulster Sat Oct 29th 5:15pm KO RTE2 / Premier Sports 1 / Supersport / URC TV

Post by justinr73 »

In one of the Flannerys now.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

My bake was on the line on at one point.

I object to that for various reasons and fair play to many Munster fans who kind of assisted.

On the other hand, Ulster are one of the best rugby teams in Europe and it would be be nice if the travelling support was a bit better, especially in Ireland,
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I will go next time just to see you get hooked
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

There was never any question of it.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:46 pm Not many of us there but there was one Munster ‘fan’ who let his team down.
The usual then. Tell all!?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

HammerTime wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:52 am
justinr73 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:46 pm Not many of us there but there was one Munster ‘fan’ who let his team down.
The usual then. Tell all!?
Good job we don't have anybody like that! :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

Justin, I'm sure you are referring to the first Doak conversion attempt. Thought I was listening/watching the Kaiser Chiefs in S Africa.
The blast must have been heard in TV as it was from an area close to the cameras.
Overall the crowd were their usual partisan selves. They didn't really take to Frank in the middle!
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Booed of the park I believe. But … but, Munster fans don’t boo!?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

You could say this about home games too. People are prioritising heating their homes and buying food. Rugby seems like a dying sport. I'm not sure how Ulster can live within their means with increased costs and a reduced gate plus sign higher profile NIQs. It might save a few from neurological issues though if it goes belly up.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

10 or 15 only wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:58 am Justin, I'm sure you are referring to the first Doak conversion attempt. Thought I was listening/watching the Kaiser Chiefs in S Africa.
The blast must have been heard in TV as it was from an area close to the cameras.
Overall the crowd were their usual partisan selves. They didn't really take to Frank in the middle!
To be fair, it was quiet where we were.

No this fella, think Rob Cross from the darts on steroids, had more aggressive intent.

A prominent Ulster fan had his fleg chucked on the deck.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Dave wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:19 am
You could say this about home games too. People are prioritising heating their homes and buying food. Rugby seems like a dying sport. I'm not sure how Ulster can live within their means with increased costs and a reduced gate plus sign higher profile NIQs. It might save a few from neurological issues though if it goes belly up.
The rugby finance thing is very worrying but separate from the point I was clumsily trying to raise last night.

Preston get average away followings of 1200 (from very similar home attendances to Ulster) over 23 (including several midweek) games.

Belfast to Limerick is the same distance as Preston to London.

There should be fleets of coaches for each interpro.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Should have stuck to a Parisian double with Paddy Power - thought I was on to a good thing with minus 1 for an Ulster win!
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

justinr73 wrote:
Dave wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:19 am
The rugby finance thing is very worrying but separate from the point I was clumsily trying to raise last night.

Preston get average away followings of 1200 (from very similar home attendances to Ulster) over 23 (including several midweek) games.

Belfast to Limerick is the same distance as Preston to London.

There should be fleets of coaches for each interpro.
What would the cost be for an away Preston trip, including ticket and bus?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

After what hit the pan last week, I was more than happy with the result.

Maybe not wise to chase the TBP but alls well etc ..

To be fair, I remember Doakie kicking superbly in terrible conditions last year in Wales. I don't think there's too much to choose between him and Cooney in ability or cojones. JC also has the occasional off day.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall