Munster v Ulster Sat Oct 29th 5:15pm KO RTE2 / Premier Sports 1 / Supersport / URC TV

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: Munster v Ulster Sat Oct 29th 5:15pm KO RTE2 / Premier Sports 1 / Supersport / URC TV

Post by StandUp »

He played very well indeed. I was surprised he was replaced.
paddybrown
Novice

Re: Munster v Ulster Sat Oct 29th 5:15pm KO RTE2 / Premier Sports 1 / Supersport / URC TV

Post by paddybrown »

Who needs Kitshoff? Let's just keep Rory.

Not a particularly scintillating performance, but an away win in an interpro, without our Ireland players and a week after everybody being down with E. coli. Guaranteed second in the table at the international break. I'll take it.

I'll defend Billy Burns. He was doing his usual thing, orchestrating running moves, trying to put runners into space. Big Stu would probably have made more of his inside passes than Luke did. He's not a 12. Hence being replaced by Angus Curtis. Both wingers selected for their defensive qualities - McIlroy and Moxham both made some excellent tackles. But it was the pack wot won it this time.

Meanwhile, Connacht got a good away win against Ospreys, meaning Munster are bottom of the Irish shield. They've got be concerned about that.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Luke was playing 12 before Stu became the incumbent. Nothing wrong with his inside centre play. The half backs unfortunately were the weak link tonight.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I know i ain't no athlete, but i do recall my last does of norovirus and it took a lot more out of me than went down the toilet.

So, a bit of perspective please. . .

We don't know who had what last weekend (apart from a few who weren't there), but from the numbers stated, a goodly number of players who took to the pitch tonight, either starters or subs, must have been right and sick.

Some players had a magnificent performance tonight, some were below par. I ain't gonna grumble about any of them this week unless and until I know those who were poorer than usual definitely didn't have norovirus or E. coli poisoning.

Yes, it was a bonus point missed, and a bonus point for Munster they shouldn't have got, but any other year you'd bite yer hand off for a win - any win - in Thomond, so after the illness in the squad last weekend and so many players who must have been weakened, I'll simply say well done lads.

Dan and the other coaches will know who was sick, who wasn't and who was worst etc. I trust him to deal with any sub-par performances by those with least excuse, but to keep it in-house.

Well done guys. >appl >appl
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Well said grumps.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

We haven't won in there since 2014.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

If it wasn’t for the hidings we took in previous years, I would almost feel sorry for Munster atm. They are in deep sh!t right now.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

StandUp wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:15 pm If it wasn’t for the hidings we took in previous years, I would almost feel sorry for Munster atm. They are in deep sh!t right now.
So were the ulster players last week. A lot can change in 7 days
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:51 pm I know i ain't no athlete, but i do recall my last does of norovirus and it took a lot more out of me than went down the toilet.

So, a bit of perspective please. . .

We don't know who had what last weekend (apart from a few who weren't there), but from the numbers stated, a goodly number of players who took to the pitch tonight, either starters or subs, must have been right and sick.

Some players had a magnificent performance tonight, some were below par. I ain't gonna grumble about any of them this week unless and until I know those who were poorer than usual definitely didn't have norovirus or E. coli poisoning.

Yes, it was a bonus point missed, and a bonus point for Munster they shouldn't have got, but any other year you'd bite yer hand off for a win - any win - in Thomond, so after the illness in the squad last weekend and so many players who must have been weakened, I'll simply say well done lads.

Dan and the other coaches will know who was sick, who wasn't and who was worst etc. I trust him to deal with any sub-par performances by those with least excuse, but to keep it in-house.

Well done guys. >appl >appl
>appl

Here here, :thumleft: the only story the league table will show come the end of the season is four points.

I was there in 2014 for the Sugar Show win, I was also there in 2018 for the hoking of all hokings, doesn't matter how or in what fashion, you take what you can get at Thomond. That's four more points than I thought we'd get looking down the fixture card at the start of the season.

Delighted!
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

StandUp wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:55 pm Well said grumps.
Not at all . if I'd said it well, I'd have said dose not does.

I did spot it after I posted, but left it to see who would point it out.

I like fishing - but I always put them back alive.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

And on 77 mins I was screaming at the tv for the drop goal.......
And then we spurned the 3 points for the penalty.........
So if anyone sees a 65 inch Sony tv floating in Strangford Lough , let me know
Before HWM sees it and trades it for another bloody fridge freezer.. wrong

Heart in mouth for last 90 seconds

Delighted to be proved wrong
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:13 am
StandUp wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:55 pm Well said grumps.
Not at all . if I'd said it well, I'd have said dose not does.

I did spot it after I posted, but left it to see who would point it out.

I like fishing - but I always put them back alive.
I just assumed it was one of your usual senior moments. Would be churlish to correct someone of advancing years😉
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Why are there so few of us here?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:33 am Why are there so few of us here?
I hope JJ Bowles delivered the post game black pudding. Fekitoa should have seen red. Ugly win, good.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:33 am Why are there so few of us here?
Was interested, but the decent hotel prices needed a 2nd mortgage / sell a body part v previous years.