Friends of the Cancer Centre

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Friends of the Cancer Centre

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:14 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:48 pm

For those over 65, you should be receiving invites (including a kit) to send a sample of your crap back to the screening programme - do make use of it.
I think it must be over 60 now.

I got my kit this month just after my bus pass.
My mistake - kit is over 60. I should have known because I'm not 65 yet myself and I've had a couple of invites - the second one just a few weeks after I'd had a colonoscopy, so I just had to tell them that.

It's 65 for getting yer shingles jab and probably much more importantly (for men) a scan to check for aortic aneurysm which can be a silent killer. can suddenly let go with no symptoms whatsoever and it's good night sweetheart. Get it checked out guys when offered and if it's there, have it treated. Especially if there's a family history, but if that's the case, it should really be monitored from an earlier age.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:24 pm Don't get them mixed up FFS!

Leaving a turd on the back seat of the glider will do nothing for your health and quite frankly is considered seriously antisocial.
Holding it in while on a glider won't do anything for your health either though. :shock:

And I'm pretty certain too that the lab staff would appreciate receiving yer samples the way they ask, not just a faeces smeared bus pass. :whistle:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Now 1/2 way through Prostate Cancer awareness month heed the warnings advanced cancer is no fun
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist