Ulster v Ospreys Saturday October 8 7:35pm KO - BBC2 NI / URC TV / Premier Sports 2 / Super Sport / TG4 / S4C

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Ulster v Ospreys Saturday October 8 7:35pm KO - BBC2 NI / URC TV / Premier Sports 2 / Super Sport / TG4 / S4C

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

StandUp wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:36 pm Yep, makes me wonder how we will afford the new signings.
We get Worcester to pay for them - they'll never notice an extra few hundred thousand £s on their current mess.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster v Ospreys Saturday October 8 7:35pm KO - BBC2 NI / URC TV / Premier Sports 2 / Super Sport / TG4 / S4C

Post by StandUp »

From which company? There are so many :lol:
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Saturday night is not the best night of the week for a rugby match -- in my day --- back in the dawn of time --- saturday nights were not "lad nights " it was the night you took the "Ladies ?" out to achieve the necessary "brownie points" to survive another week.

I doubt if life has changed that much --- except the need -- for" brownie points" might be greater in these days of feminism .

Anyway not that surprised that Sexton didn't shine in a backline coming on as a sub by the time he came on I couldn't make out who was playing where in the backline.

With Cooney out on the wing and Shanners at scrum half and Burns back on the bench it was a mish-mash of a backline playing out time with a win and bonus in the bag, and the forwards thinking about a bit of South Africian sun --" have I packed the sun block "?

Nobody was shining in the last 15 minutes survive was the name of the game.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Handily, in these days of feminism, the ladies like rugby.

Two birds with one stone Rum.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

:argue:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:05 pm
big mervyn wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:34 am
10 or 15 only wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:27 pm
kingofthehill wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:20 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Hume was interviewed pitch side during half time last Friday and indicated he could be good to go this weekend.
Not this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, you heard it from the main man.
What I'd like to know who is wearing the 16 shirt?
We are :roll: :lol:
If the team were relying on us, the 16th man, to carry them to victory, then they're screwed. Crowd was abysmal again tonight. Not very vocal - only came to life the odd time when we were near their line, but seemed to accept the game was done and dusted from the 3rd minute.
It was though, if not from the moment we saw their team.

The only sense of jeopardy I felt was when I was carrying some beers down the terrace.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Anybody know why Sprays fielded a weak team? Injuries? Welsh team regs? Why was Webb not on from the srart?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Injuries and player management rules.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Anyone else a tad disappointed with UR announcement team for not mentioning Gareth Thomas' 100th cap as he led the Ospreys team out?

It just looked like he had come out before the rest of his team and they'd let him get ahead.

It would have been nice for an announcement and let the crowd give him a bit of applause.

Disappointing then too that his match was over after 1 minute due to the blow to the head. Hope he fully and quickly recovers.
I'm not arguing -
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Rewatched the match on tv. Has Andy Trimble’s missus kicked him out? He looked like he should be in a sleeping bag on Botanic Avenue. Ffs Andy make some sort of effort to look like you’re not destitute.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

rumncoke wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:13 am . . . not that surprised that Sexton didn't shine in a backline coming on as a sub by the time he came on I couldn't make out who was playing where in the backline.

With Cooney out on the wing and Shanners at scrum half and Burns back on the bench it was a mish-mash of a backline playing out time with a win and bonus in the bag, and the forwards thinking about a bit of South Africian sun --" have I packed the sun block "?

Nobody was shining in the last 15 minutes survive was the name of the game.
When Sexton came on there was over 35 minutes to go and the only sub prior to that in the back line was Burns for Mads, so not much difference in what you would expect in an Ulster backline at that point.

It was when McCloskey went off and Sexton went to fullback with Mikey and Luke swapping between inside and outside centres.

At 45 minutes they certainly shouldn't have been thinking about packing their sun lotion.

We still scored 2 tries in the last 15 minutes (and 5 seconds) - that's not "playing out time".
I'm not arguing -
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:59 pm Looking forward to Frank son of BR hopefully getting a few minutes, looks big and abrasive. French D2 is as physical a league as they come, hoping he's a late bloomer. I wouldn't put it past Munster missing out on talent.
I am denying everything. Please address further enquiries to my solicitor.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

justinr73 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:52 am Handily, in these days of feminism, the ladies like rugby.

Confused - does this mean I have to take 36 birds out next Saturday night?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:59 pm
justinr73 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:52 am Handily, in these days of feminism, the ladies like rugby.

If you do, you should ask your solicitor for advice first. :shock:

Make sure you have written consent for everything and anything .. . :duck:
I'm not arguing -
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:27 pm Anyone else a tad disappointed with UR announcement team for not mentioning Gareth Thomas' 100th cap as he led the Ospreys team out?

It just looked like he had come out before the rest of his team and they'd let him get ahead.

It would have been nice for an announcement and let the crowd give him a bit of applause.

Disappointing then too that his match was over after 1 minute due to the blow to the head. Hope he fully and quickly recovers.
Indeed although are we not the only ones that persist with the term "cap" to describe what are essentially non representative appearances these days?
Watched it back this afternoon and Gusher was actually on the ball for this one. Ah well, a stopped clock etc ...

Is Big Frank son of BR at 6 ft 81/2 the tallest player ever to play for Ulster? Disappointed he didn't steal one at the lineout.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:27 pm
BR wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:59 pm

If you do, you should ask your solicitor for advice first. :shock:

Make sure you have written consent for everything and anything .. . :duck:
And for gods sake don’t say spit.