Ulster v Ospreys Saturday October 8 7:35pm KO - BBC2 NI / URC TV / Premier Sports 2 / Super Sport / TG4 / S4C

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster v Ospreys Saturday October 8 7:35pm KO - BBC2 NI / URC TV / Premier Sports 2 / Super Sport / TG4 / S4C

Post by StandUp »

I thought the recent recruitment headlines may have lit a fire under Eric’s ample hole as he might not get many games in the near future. I was wrong. His development has completely stalled. His scrummaging has gone backwards, his participation around the pitch is limited, and his positioning at times is woeful.
O’Toole’s scrummaging has not improved either, and there is a noticeable dip in our set piece when he comes on to replace Marty.
John Andrew knows he is facing stiff competition and is giving all he has to stick in there. Fair play.
Carter threw himself about against a pack, devoid of its talent. Why can’t he do that against better teams?
Everyone else, nicely done. Mads did well considering his lack of minutes and BB was very effective when he came on. :scratch:
Few people read the game like DV8 and understand where to be and what to do.
Lukey is definitely making up for lost time. And with a beaming smile on his face.
Big Stu is gonna have three tacklers on him every time he scratches his Brennan for the rest of the season.
This was a great opportunity and perfect conditions for Sexton to show if he has anything. He doesn’t.
Ospreys, and Welsh regions in general, are phucked.
5 points and a healthy points difference is pleasing but that last Ospreys try was galling.
SA will be tough but onwards and upwards. SUFTUM.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Ulster v Ospreys Saturday October 8 7:35pm KO - BBC2 NI / URC TV / Premier Sports 2 / Super Sport / TG4 / S4C

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:34 am
10 or 15 only wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:27 pm
kingofthehill wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:20 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Thelaw wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:18 pm Is there a chance Hume is back for this one?
Hume was interviewed pitch side during half time last Friday and indicated he could be good to go this weekend.
Not this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, you heard it from the main man.
What I'd like to know who is wearing the 16 shirt?
We are :roll: :lol:
If the team were relying on us, the 16th man, to carry them to victory, then they're screwed. Crowd was abysmal again tonight. Not very vocal - only came to life the odd time when we were near their line, but seemed to accept the game was done and dusted from the 3rd minute.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Too many “well heeled ballbegs” (loving that line) and not enough supporters. It’s not the done thing for one to raise one’s voice in such a fashion, you know. Ballbegs indeed.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Luke was deservedly MotM, closely followed by wee Mikey.

Carter had a very good game, and not just for his two tries.

Duane and Nick also very good - indeed the whole pack did more than alright.

Big Stu livid up to his own high standards, and Craig showed he still has something, albeit he's not the player of yesteryear.

Rob Lyttle never lets the side down - likewise Cooney.

The disappointing thing was that the match went by as a foregone conclusion and the crowd were more spectators than supporters.

I hope when we're needed for harder tests, we can step up to the mark. I suspect we will . . .
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

StandUp wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:14 pm Too many “well heeled ballbegs” (loving that line) and not enough supporters. It’s not the done thing for one to raise one’s voice in such a fashion, you know. Ballbegs indeed.
I apologise - I raised my voice in such a fashion.

Can I ever be forgiven? :roll:
I'm not arguing -
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Unfortunately there was a harder test last week and we didn’t step up. Supposedly Dan gave the team hell for it this week, so hopefully it won’t happen again. As for the spectators that might be more difficult to resolve.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:20 pm
StandUp wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:14 pm Too many “well heeled ballbegs” (loving that line) and not enough supporters. It’s not the done thing for one to raise one’s voice in such a fashion, you know. Ballbegs indeed.
I apologise - I raised my voice in such a fashion.

Can I ever be forgiven? :roll:
Keep it up grumps. Unfortunately you are one of the few who are trying to inspire the team.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Unfortunately ? :lol:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

The drop off in attendance (and atmosphere) is striking. Pre Covid we used to dander in to the ground about 40 mins before ko, fight our way through a crowded bar and then were lucky to secure a spot on the 22.

Tonight, the Lineout bar was virtually empty at 10 past 7 and a few mins later we were comfortably esconced on the half way line. Similar experience for the previous games this season.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

fermain wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:27 pm Unfortunately ? :lol:
:( :oops: :?
I'm not arguing -
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Yep, makes me wonder how we will afford the new signings.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Carter has been pretty decent in all his games so far this season.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Bart S wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:48 pm Carter has been pretty decent in all his games so far this season.
Yep - and tonight better than "pretty decent".

It's just that we wish for more than that from any NIQ
I'm not arguing -