Next season's Heineken Cup

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: Next season's Heineken Cup

Post by jean valjean »

Dave wrote:
Big-al wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:49 pm That is a disgrace - ROG giving instruction from the sidelines when he's not even meant to be in the stadium.
Photos on social media of a significant very vocal group of La Rochelle entourage at the stadium.

Hmmm, please tell me their travelling support weren’t allowed at the match?
They were allowed in.
I wonder who the threatened legal action would have been against if they had been refused? Surely the fact that the eprc moved the game then ulster would have no liability against claims from LR fans. Maybe the threat was enough to roll over and get our bellies tickled.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:45 pm
Big-al wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:49 pm That is a disgrace - ROG giving instruction from the sidelines when he's not even meant to be in the stadium.
Photos on social media of a significant very vocal group of La Rochelle entourage at the stadium.

They were allowed in.
Pay attention buster -

He asked you to tell him they weren't allowed at the match.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

This season's Heineken Cup

Post by BR »

Doing my napper in!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I think we should call for a public inquiry into this omnishambles.

Tis the Ulster way, after all.

Will take ten years to be granted, another 5 to gather evidence, 5 more for the appointed Judge to come to his conclusions and write report, another 3 years while it's decided if it can be published in full, or partially redacted to protect the guilty, 5 more years of legal action while one side insists on full publication, and others calling for it to be suppressed for another 30 years.

After all that, we reject the findings and take another 10 years of legal action and threats until another public inquiry is promised. That will be followed by 8 years of wrangling over the remit of the inquiry, and why the first one was flawed. While that will never be fully ascertained, another 5 years will be taken up with 4 people agreeing in turn to conduct the inquiry before resigning for some obscure reason, (one of who will be Shane Logan who , according to his CV, was "called to the bar" during his time at Ulster, and who now claims this makes him an expert not only in law but peoples' rights to drink responsibly.

Finally after a further 20 years the report will be published with 3 people standing outside the Supreme court in London claiming vindication and that Ulster should now be named as Heiny Champions 2023.

LAR who actually were crowned champions that year start their own legal action to have that overturned, finally winning their action after another 30 years, by which time . . . . what was the question in the first place? :scratch:
I'm not arguing -
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Big-al wrote:

They were allowed in.
Pay attention buster -

I read it too fast. In my defence nobody told me what speed to read it at.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:20 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Big-al wrote:

They were allowed in.
Pay attention buster -

In future read things TWICE to avoid errors.

If you miss things first time around, there's always Dave ja Vu.

I thought that's what it's there for????
I'm not arguing -
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Sack "The Dish".
Logan IN

>santawink
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Deraless wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:20 pm Sack "The Dish".
Logan IN

>santawink
Pedantry alert, the dish only has one 'e' - it doesn't have an 'e' at the end.

But when you wrote "Logan IN", I knew you were either drunk or attempting humour to comfort us in our pain.
I'm not arguing -
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:02 pm I think we should call for a public inquiry into this omnishambles.

Will take ten years to be granted, another 5 to gather evidence, 5 more for the appointed Judge to come to his conclusions and write report, another 3 years while it's decided if it can be published in full, or partially redacted to protect the guilty, 5 more years of legal action while one side insists on full publication, and others calling for it to be suppressed for another 30 years.

After all that, we reject the findings and take another 10 years of legal action and threats until another public inquiry is promised. That will be followed by 8 years of wrangling over the remit of the inquiry, and why the first one was flawed. While that will never be fully ascertained, another 5 years will be taken up with 4 people agreeing in turn to conduct the inquiry before resigning for some obscure reason, (one of who will be Shane Logan who , according to his CV, was "called to the bar" during his time at Ulster, and who now claims this makes him an expert not only in law but peoples' rights to drink responsibly.

Finally after a further 20 years the report will be published with 3 people standing outside the Supreme court in London claiming vindication and that Ulster should now be named as Heiny Champions 2023.

LAR who actually were crowned champions that year start their own legal action to have that overturned, finally winning their action after another 30 years, by which time . . . . what was the question in the first place? :scratch:

Very good. Sounds about right although lacking the detail of the legal costs and how much the lawyers make. :roll:
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:02 pm I think we should call for a public inquiry into this omnishambles.

Do I detect I trace of cynicism in that post Grumps? 😂
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Big-al wrote: Photos on social media of a significant very vocal group of La Rochelle entourage at the stadium.

They were allowed in.
Pay attention buster -

Four question marks!!!! You are very curious.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

for dog and ulcer wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:48 pm

Very good. Sounds about right although lacking the detail of the legal costs and how much the lawyers make. :roll:
Apologies - I assumed that anyone from Norn Iron would know that costs and lawyers would amount to millions out of anything relating to law and/or public inquiries.
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

StandUp wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:52 pm

Do I detect I trace of cynicism in that post Grumps? 😂
I'm not sure what you detect SU. I may have included a trace of cynicism, but can't be sure if that's what you detected or not.
I'm not arguing -
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:00 pm
for dog and ulcer wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:48 pm

Apologies - I assumed that anyone from Norn Iron would know that costs and lawyers would amount to millions out of anything relating to law and/or public inquiries.
Allegedly. :duck:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:57 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:45 pm They were allowed in.
Pay attention buster -

Four question marks!!!! You are very curious.
Not really - I just thought one was obliged to show repeats on Dave and Dave Ja Vu.

Wasn't sure how many repeats - although I'm pretty certain 3 ain't enough.
I'm not arguing -