Heineken Cup Final Venue 2022/23

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

richardt84
Novice

Re: Heineken Cup Final Venue 2022/23

Post by richardt84 »

Bobbievee wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:46 am Summary of posts on Leinster a fan forum
Our scrum was roasted
We need more props
Kicking was rubbish
Couldn't change tactics
Ignored drop goal opportunities
Referee was biased

You would think they could make up their own excuses instead of using ours!
Heaslip has also seemingly blamed the URC for not testing them enough during the season.
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:38 am By the way, they booed everything- the stuff they batter us and Weegies with as disrespectful and nasty. Bad Crowd Eh Jackman?
It was a good crowd in terms of size, as opposed to the poorly attended, 'bad' crowd at Ravenhill that Jackman was
referring to.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Dublin4 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:34 pm It may be time for URC sides to forget about European games. We just can't compete with the French sides even with a home final.. Home grown players will never have the bulk of the Skeltons. I would be happy to concentrate on Leinster winning the URC next season. At least it's silverware.
Ironically, Leinster could still beat France in the RWC as the French won't have the players that LAR have. Sort of weird.
Bit like in Football, many Champions league standard teams are better than most international teams, including the extra cohesion it brings . Seeing it concentrated here. Leinster, LAR/ Toulouse, Chiefs. Difference is the bulk and quality of the French forwards, including NIQs. Massive arms race the French are winning. ROG went 6/2 so there was no drop off in power compared to Leinster. Baird should've been on earlier and loss of Ryan was a factor. I maybe would've started Jenkins. But they ultimately got reeled in as the toll of tackling huge mobile forwards relentlessly ground them down. At 26-20, with LAR within 1 score, the outcome was inevitable as they were slowly drowning.
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

promenader 2 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:47 am
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:38 am By the way, they booed everything- the stuff they batter us and Weegies with as disrespectful and nasty. Bad Crowd Eh Jackman?
It was a good crowd in terms of size, as opposed to the poorly attended, 'bad' crowd at Ravenhill that Jackman was
referring to.
I know.... :roll: :duck: :D but the point remains about crowd behavior and how we're often compared unfavourably . Saw it in camera at the QF were the D4 blow ins were at it constantly. It's more and more common. Look at France and SA ffs. Corinthian idealism is going the way of money and corporatism. Inevitably.
Last edited by CIMANFOREVER on Sun May 21, 2023 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Dave wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:22 pm Spread out the Irish talent across the provinces and get more/higher grade NIQs.
Agree but we don't have the money the French have and the IRFU won't allow the French model I would think?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

referring to.
It's all very well being magnanimous when you're flat track bullies winning every week but the crowd and this current Leinster team do not appear to like it up 'em.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Is there any other mass attended sporting event where booing does not occur when the home teams supporters disagree with a decision? Is this not the point of home advantage? There is a massive step between crowd booing (which in the main is pantomime style) and the need for crowd segregation which seems to be the fear of the 'this is not soccer' brigade. Supporters are there to support and influence what happens on the pitch, that can be by cheering or letting the ref know they may have made a mistake.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Dave wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:22 pm Spread out the Irish talent across the provinces and get more/higher grade NIQs.
Agree but we don't have the money the French have and the IRFU won't allow the French model I would think?
A hybrid model more like the good old days of having decent NIQ coverage in the areas you struggle with.

Kitshoff
Stewart
Moore
Hendy
Etzebeth
Ewers
Penny
Deegan
Cooney
Barrett
Stockdale
McCloskey
Hume
Baloucoune
Addison

*NIQs are an example I'm not that deluded.

Where does the money come from? Time for the IRFU to properly cash in on Irish success with proper financial investment. Don't ask me that works but there is bound to be a way. Please help, I want that team. I'm a bit deluded tbf.

Also a witch doctor to prevent injury. I'm deluded.
Last edited by Dave on Sun May 21, 2023 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

big mervyn wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:38 am
referring to.
It's all very well being magnanimous when you're flat track bullies winning every week but the crowd and this current Leinster team do not appear to like it up 'em.
I was surprised when the LAR supporters responded to the shushing when they started to boo Byrne's first kick.

Tell you what. Auld Ross would be a shoo in for the Ravers crossbar challenge. Is he Pip in disguise?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Dave wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:04 am
CIMANFOREVER wrote:
A hybrid model more like the good old days of having decent NIQ coverage in the areas you struggle with.

Kitshoff
Stewart
Moore
Hendy
Etzebeth
Ewers
Penny
Deegan
Cooney
Barrett
Stockdale
McCloskey
Hume
Baloucoune
Addison

*NIQs are an example I'm not that deluded.

Where does the money come from? Time for the IRFU to properly cash in on Irish success with proper financial investment. Don't ask me that works but there is bound to be a way. Please help, I want that team. I'm a bit deluded tbf.

Also a witch doctor to prevent injury. I'm deluded.
Eben is no 2m Pete
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

richardt84 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:41 am
Bobbievee wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:46 am Summary of posts on Leinster a fan forum
Our scrum was roasted
We need more props
Kicking was rubbish
Couldn't change tactics
Ignored drop goal opportunities
Referee was biased

You would think they could make up their own excuses instead of using ours!
Heaslip has also seemingly blamed the URC for not testing them enough during the season.
The difference between Heaslip and my septic tank is that my tank is only half full of cràp.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Leinster fans lamenting the loss of Ryan in the game and the step down with Jenkins coming on. Despite the fact that Jenkins was signed with this very game in mind, they still started molony over him.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Leinster were the architects of their own defeat on possibly 5 occasions they failed to take clear their 22 area due a charged down kick of Byrne - Lowe kicking directly into touch and the scrum half did something similar -- the second half performance by Leinster was woeful -- their kicking terrible -- and their attack basically none existent --

Once Ryan went off -- the leadership was in the wrong area of the pitch -- Ringrose -- anyone questioning the need of Henderson Bierne and POM to the Irish forwards got the answer on Saturday -- leadership and experience .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

rumncoke wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:47 am Leinster were the architects of their own defeat on possibly 5 occasions they failed to take clear their 22 area due a charged down kick of Byrne - Lowe kicking directly into touch and the scrum half did something similar -- the second half performance by Leinster was woeful -- their kicking terrible -- and their attack basically none existent --

Once Ryan went off -- the leadership was in the wrong area of the pitch -- Ringrose -- anyone questioning the need of Henderson Bierne and POM to the Irish forwards got the answer on Saturday -- leadership and experience .
That’s all true but the self-belief and mental (as well as physical) strength of that LR side is incredible, as they showed at the end of the final last year (and, indeed, in the rain against us at their place).

Leinster did pretty well at trying to stop the juggernaut (Henshaw was prominent) but LR knew they’d get over eventually.

Great game and a one point defeat for Leinster as their drive for five ran out of diesel.

If Carlsberg did Heineken Cup Finals….
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Is this defeat overall a good thing for Ireland's RWC campaign?