Our boys

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Our boys

Post by StandUp »

Can someone please explain to me why Paddy and Stu were disgracefully chased out of their club and out of their country for sending a few stupid texts (a crime that I’m sure everyone on this board has surpassed in some manner), but yet Jay Donnelly, who served a prison sentence for having sex with, and distributed a photo of a sixteen year old girl, is being lauded in the ridiculous rag that is the bellylaugh almost weekly for his goal scoring exploits?
The fact that UR have extended BB’s contract instead of doing everything humanly possible to bring Paddy back is unbelievable.
I understand Paddy and Stu might never want to return but it would appear that UR don’t have the stomach to even try.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Our boys

Post by Dave »

No. Can't explain it. Sorry.

FIRFU
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

irfu sponsorship money managed by feminazis
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

But surely Glentoran have sponsors too? Where was their uproar? Or are wendyball sponsors more willing to forgive?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Fair play to LI. They rode the initial outcry from the usual sources and stood up to the sponsors. Paddy is front and central of their promotional stuff too.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

big mervyn wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:27 pm Fair play to LI. They rode the initial outcry from the usual sources and stood up to the sponsors. Paddy is front and central of their promotional stuff too.
Couldn’t agree more Merv. I hope it brings them every success.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Realistically our CEO does not need the publicity that would be linked to bringing the boys home. Both players seem to be happy in their current environments.
It is totally wrong and totally unfair when you see how Donnelly is treated. There was also a LOI player who had served time for a gang rape but was still playing for one of the League of Ireland teams. We will not dwell on the 2 rugby players who were on a What's app sex video and are still "legends " down in Cork and Limerick. The girl in the video lost her job.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Jetstream wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:35 pm Realistically our CEO does not need the publicity that would be linked to bringing the boys home. Both players seem to be happy in their current environments.
It is totally wrong and totally unfair when you see how Donnelly is treated. There was also a LOI player who had served time for a gang rape but was still playing for one of the League of Ireland teams. We will not dwell on the 2 rugby players who were on a What's app sex video and are still "legends " down in Cork and Limerick. The girl in the video lost her job.
LI didn’t need the publicity they got either, but they had the minerals to do what was right. Now they are reaping the rewards and good luck to them.
Lucky zeebs and Murray didnt send any WhatsApp messages or the swivel eyed feminazis might have become mildly perturbed.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

We've got Billy Burns though. Thankfully got him signed up for another few years, I'm sure loads of clubs were hassling his agent for his signature.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

I was kind of sick hearing about the 'bring them home' brigade but recently I've become more and more perplexed as to why they were sent away in the first place and why they continue to be. At 29 PJ has a good 6-7 years left in him and how that backline would love to have him. BB is an honest operator but is limited in his abilities. There really should be an online and at match campaign but nobody has the balls/can be bothered.
flatpass
Novice

Post by flatpass »

Excellent thread. Letters / emails to the CEO would be a starting point.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Jackie Brown wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:01 pm We've got Billy Burns though. Thankfully got him signed up for another few years, I'm sure loads of clubs were hassling his agent for his signature.
Hehe if it’s the same agent as Carter, the man/woman? should be investigated by trading standards 🙄
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

See my signature.

The problem is that the silent majority are being drowned out by a movement (with full time paid employees).

An opinion poll on here would give an indcation of where the average Ulster supporter is at with regard bringing the boys home, as those creating the brad pitt storm would have to be members to vote, which I don't believe they are. Unless many sleeper accounts were setup.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

At this stage, I've heard through certain channels that the boys wouldn't entertain it.

Getting more coin and living fairly anonymously where they are.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

Petrie nailed his colours to the mast early on in his tenure and stated categorically that ‘they’ would not be back and it was a position that would not even be reviewed.
As Dave rightly says - they would not want to come back with all the attendant publicity that would bring etc. and I couldn’t see UR coughing up more than the £500k PJ is currently earning (the top earner in LI) for the privilege! I don’t know what Stu is on but it’s sure to be more than he would be offered by Ulster.
Last edited by Hans Indaruck on Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hope is not a strategy.