COVID Proof Needed from December 13th

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Re: COVID Proof Needed from December 13th

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Kinda donald ducked if you don't own a mobile phone.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

mid ulster maestro wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:34 am Kinda donald ducked if you don't own a mobile phone.
No! UR clearly state that non digital certification will be accepted but it is foreseen that the entry process will be slower with non digital!
Hope is not a strategy.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

mid ulster maestro wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:34 am Kinda donald ducked if you don't own a mobile phone.
Non-Digital Proof of COVID Status

While non-digital proof will be accepted, it is foreseen that this will be a slower entry process and ticket holder entry may be delayed.
Proof of a negative NHS Lateral Flow Test - taken no more than 48 hours prior to the event.
Register your lateral flow results online with NHS.
The lateral flow itself will not be acceptable for admission.
Photographic ID must be presented alongside the NHS test results.
Please note, spot checks may be carried out and attendees may be asked to complete a further lateral flow before entering the stadium.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Bobbievee wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:41 am
Neill_M wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:11 pm
HwoodMike2umate wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:55 pm Right, I don’t do all this electronic app stuff. All I have is my wee credit card size cards that show I have had both jabs and the top up. Will that be sufficient or do I need junior to somehow get something on my phone to confirm my jabbed status?
Your card will work (may need to show ID etc). The blurb above does state checking the card may take longer etc. I would get Junior to get the domestic certificate set up on your phone if possible.
My reading of the blurb is that the "wee card" isn't acceptable but Neill is always better informed than me on everything!
You may well be right, don't quote me etc not a doctor! Seems it is only lateral flow tests etc with ID etc. You were allowed to use your card between 29/11 and 13/12 during the grace period, I know that.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

HwoodMike2umate wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:55 pm Right, I don’t do all this electronic app stuff. All I have is my wee credit card size cards that show I have had both jabs and the top up. Will that be sufficient or do I need junior to somehow get something on my phone to confirm my jabbed status?
Ignore my previous advice!

Non-Digital Proof of COVID Status

While non-digital proof will be accepted, it is foreseen that this will be a slower entry process and ticket holder entry may be delayed.
Proof of a negative NHS Lateral Flow Test - taken no more than 48 hours prior to the event.
Register your lateral flow results online with NHS.
The lateral flow itself will not be acceptable for admission.
Photographic ID must be presented alongside the NHS test results.
Please note, spot checks may be carried out and attendees may be asked to complete a further lateral flow before entering the stadium.
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Um, I would suggest that there's a little bit of confusion creeping in here, HWM and MUM.....

Two points:
1. As others have noted here, the two little grey cards they gave you when you got (a) Jabs 1 & 2 and (b) a booster aren't 'Certifcates' and won't work.
2. The NI COVID Travel Certificate is actually what you want.

Why ?
1. The NI COVID Travel Certificate has (a) the necessary QR code [which the gate people - see other responses here - will scan] and (b) it covers both NI 'domestic' and 'international' travel.
2. It's readily available in 'non-digital' form (i.e. getting a paper copy is simple and quick)

The 'domestic' and 'travel' certificates hold the same information, and are not mutually exclusive (i.e. it is not the case that only the 'domestic' certificate is acceptable for use in NI). Nothing to stop you getting both Travel and Domestic in paper or digital form if you want, but why carry two ? Belfast Agreement and all that..... The travel one is accepted in the Republic with photo ID (with the paper version), so it'll do rightly there too for when you pop to that outlet in Emyvale......

How to get a 'non-digital' (paper) NI Travel Certificate:
1. Get an NI Direct account - if you have claimed the £100 card, then you have one of these already. That should have already dealt with the ID verification side of the process.
2. Then apply for the Travel Certificate (https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/services/ap ... ertificate). Btw, with some effort on that site, you are able to submit another photo in digital form without giving 'them' (the COVID application site itself) control over your computer's camera to take a photo (whose purpose is to compare against other photo ID such as passport or driving licence you may have supplied for the £100/NI Direct site).
3. At the end of this process, when you are informed that the Travel Certificate has been processed (not 'granted') and is available, then you will have the option to either load it to a phone and/or download and print a PDF copy of the certificate. Just like a paper (season) ticket.
4. When you use the paper copy of the certificate, you will need to present photo ID (e.g. your driving licence) since the checker/receptionist/security person should want to match the name on the paper certificate to the person holding it.

If you read the UR/standard text carefully, it allows this to be a valid route to prove vaccination. However, (a) on a phone is easier and simpler to code for, (b) the yoof love it/expect it no other way and (c) it does assume that there is a match on betweena digital certificate and the phone (however as BR notes, who knows whose phone it actually is ? I note that the 'domestic' certificate app takes a selfie...).

Of course, for those with a dislike to this process, who know something about cyber-security or have some wish to maintain privacy, then perhaps you shouldn't have given all that data away for £100 ! I prefer the paper version as (a) my partner works in cyber-security and is paranoid about apps and (b) I can print out the paper copy and keep it in my wallet.

Yes, the process at the Ravenhill gates will, in theory, be slower, but I'd bet that'll be largely due to the EventSec staff being poorly briefed as to what is acceptable.... and then it'll be "lash it in lads" as PSNI tell them to get on with it and stop causing mayhem outside the ground with queues everywhere amidst the P&R buses etc.

Long-winded but hope it helps. Paper and entry is possible !
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Thanks for all that WestDr, much appreciated! Pardon my stupidity, but if you live in England and are going home for a match what is the best thing to do?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Lurgan Lad wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:49 pm Thanks for all that WestDr, much appreciated! Pardon my stupidity, but if you live in England and are going home for a match what is the best thing to do?
The section in the 1st post on page 1 re outside NI should hopefully answer your question.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Neill_M wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:06 pm
Lurgan Lad wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:49 pm Thanks for all that WestDr, much appreciated! Pardon my stupidity, but if you live in England and are going home for a match what is the best thing to do?
The section in the 1st post on page 1 re outside NI should hopefully answer your question.
Thanks Neil, so a certificate on the English NHS app would be fine I'm thinking. Completely new to this as I'm sure many others are, I'm getting a QR code that expired at 12th Dec at 8.15 where it said 7.59 earlier, so it appears if I keep logging in it might be fine. Hope so!
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Thanks WestDr for the clarification. I was toying with the idea of getting the January ticket offer but due to the present and somewhat changable conditions I think I'll stay safe at home.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Well I will be trying with my photocopied vaccine wee card and if I don’t get in I will walk home.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

In my Ulster Onesie with face paint.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bring ID also.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

No problems. To address the question - I wouldn't like to speculate. I would think that someone such as DHarper or another English-based forum reader might be better placed ? If you had to push me, I'd expect that the English COVID travel certificate is available in both digital and non-digital forms.... and that if it's got a QR code on it, and if it's a paper version, the NHS logo, then you'll probably get through the EventSec line and get to the turnstiles, as I find it hard to believe that UR will be doing any of this checking inside the site as there just isn't the room to do so safely. And sell you burgers, operate queues for the bars etc etc....
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Posted from my mobile phone. :lol:
:duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right